📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2022 ☃❄

Summary post

Day 25: January 25th

365日にっぽんのいろ図鑑
Time spent: 16 min
Today’s color: 丹色 (にいろ) - sort of an earthy red

Today’s color was not named for anything per se, but the reading talked about 丹頂鶴 (たんちょうづる) - red-crowned cranes, and I like those

Look at the way the chicks sit on the moms and tell me it's not the most precious thing ever

picture201605130

I’m not trying to put birds in all my posts, it’s just happening

Some good words
  • 幅広い (はばひろい) - extensive; wide; broad
  • やや - a little; partially; somewhat; slightly; semi-; -ish; on the … side; a short time; a while
  • 雅 (みやび) - refinement; elegance; grace
  • 単なる (たんなる) - mere; simple; sheer
  • とどまる - to be limited to; to be confined to; to only account for
  • 梁 (はり) - beam; joist

まいにち暦生活 日本の暮らしを楽しむ365のコツ
Time spent: 10 min

Today’s reading talked about the coldest temperatures ever recorded in Japan (officially, it’s -41 degrees C). Apparently that is cold enough that you can hammer a nail with a banana (??? why is this a thing? :joy: There’s a commercial about it, and like multiple videos/blogs about it? Like…who is doing this, and why xD).

What else did I read?
お前、タヌキにならねーか? Vol 1
Amount read: 10 pages
Time spent: 31 min

Today’s chapter was so fun - we met a new character who is like…the anti-tanuki tanuki :rofl: His name is 小豆丸 but he likes to be called AZ because he’s an angsty lord of darkness. He gives me 邪エナガ vibes :joy: He basically tries to push people over the edge, but he ends up doing the complete opposite and making them realize that life’s still worth living. So he’s like…terrible, but also I like him xD He fails so thoroughly at what he’s ostensibly trying to do that it’s kind of endearing. And also he gets smacked upside the head with a purse lmao

Here’s a random between-chapter illustration of him that made me laugh

Good words
  • 巷では (ちまたでは) - kind of like “word on the street is…”
  • 偽善者 (ぎぜんしゃ) - hypocrite; dissembler; wolf in sheep’s clothing; fox in a lamb’s skin
  • ぐちゃぐちゃ - sloppy; untidy; in a disarray; chaotic
  • 司る (つかさどる) - to rule; to govern; to administer
  • 自業自得 (じごうじとく) - paying for one’s mistakes; getting one’s just deserts; suffering the consequences (of one’s own actions); reap what you sow​
25 Likes