📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2022 ☃❄

:tiger2: :books: Homepost - Tigerdate: 20220130 :books: :raccoon:


Tanuki Scroll XXX: 赤ずきんちゃん :wolf:

Read today’s world folktale, which is Little Red Riding Hood!
Amusing to read this in Japanese, it was a little bit easier reading too since I knew how the story goes, so could second-guess some of the sentences.

Since Nioh 2 was a little too kanji heavy for me I tried Resident Evil VII out in Japanese last night, while it was easier it kinda has the opposite problem in that almost everything is in katakana. I didn’t feel completely lost though, but it took awhile to work out what English words some of the katakana even meant.

☆ Learnings ☆

New Words

ビロード / びろうど「天鵞絨」ー Velvet
たった一人「たったひとり」ー Only One; Just one person
ジョキジョキ ー The sound of cutting with scissors
よっこらしょ ー Heave-ho! ; Alley-oop!

Forgotten Readings

似合う「にあう」ー (To suit)

Forgotten Words

上等「じょうとう」ー First-Class; Superior; Excellent


頑張って! :raccoon:

Hope to see how it turns out too! I’ve found following the recipes in Japanese fun, just hope to find one that I actually have the stuff to make it with.