📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2022 🏖 ☀

9月3日
A bit of ルーパーズ

Didn’t update in a little while. Truth be told, I haven’t been reading a lot this week. I have an important wedding coming up and needed to allocate time for tedious appointments in preparation. I wasn’t too busy or anything but I tend to get tired easily with things I give little value to (shopping tends to be terribly tedious for me). So anyways, all my free time has gone to gaming lately, and mostly not in Japanese.

Official end of the challenge though, well done everyone :tada: . The weekly schedule ended up working much better for me than the two-month one. If only just for removing a little pressure it has been worth it, I liked starting a new week each Monday. I also preferred not having a calendar to check daily, and I got rid of the links to each day because I realised they serve no purpose to me. This has made me wonder if I want to log days at all, and on that note if I want to have a home post. I think I do like the home post, and it’s good to come back to the progress and see how much you’ve improved, so I think I’ll probably keep it but instead of tracking days, I might just log what I’ve been reading there. It’s still a fresh idea and I don’t know what I’ll end up doing but I might experiment.

My idea behind not tracking days is that, well, occasionally I plainly just don’t really want to study Japanese, or I have a day that I’m too tired, or I really need one or two days of rest to avoid burnout. While the daily commitment has made me study almost everyday, some of those days I only did something to check the box when I could have just rested and come again the next day. I think I’m starting to realise that I don’t want to force myself to do this everyday. Luckily I don’t have many days when I feel like not studying at all, so I think it would be manageable. This is especially relevant when I want to be doing this throughout the year, challenge after challenge. There is no way I can do that without taking breaks or taking care of responsibilities, and I don’t want to feel bad when I inevitably miss some days. So essentially, I think this is possibly the point where I say goodbye to the reading everyday challenge, and welcome the reading almost everyday challenge, which means that I’ll be using the thread just exactly the same but not update any calendar :relieved: . Same thing, different approach, and hopefully no guilt whatsoever.

You’ll see me posting very frequently anyways, that won’t change :wink: . Just hoping that being more rested and less forced to do it daily can make my study days more productive and balance it out, and overall turn it into an even more positive experience. As I said, an experiment.

22 Likes