Day 1: April 1st
What did I read?: ペンギン・ハイウェイ ![]()
How much did I read?: 8 pages
How long did it take me?: 37 min
Woooo first day of the challenge! Welcome everyone old and new
![]()
I inadvertently started off the challenge by…finishing a book in English, because of course I did
Although it wasn’t really what I was supposed to be doing, it marks the first time I’ve finished an English-language book in…a while, so that’s good at least
If anyone’s wondering, it was called The Attic Child and I thought it was pretty good - the writing style was just ok imo but the story was intriguing and I definitely teared up a few times near the end
I did eventually pull it together and read some of Penguin Highway, too
And I learned a neat word/expression: 万が一, meaning “(if) by some chance; by some possibility; in the unlikely event that; 10000 to 1”