๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Spring 2023 ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒผ

19th may

home post

didnโ€™t go back to donโ€™t say mystery cos i really wasnโ€™t feeling it, so instead i went through a couple books/manga in my library and read the prologues/first chapters of each, not really looking anything up unless i had to to understand what was going on. was a nice little break, and iโ€™ve got a better idea of what i want to read next now. oh, also read this nhk article about a japanese dormouse being released back into its natural habitat.

what i read, with some thoughts

durarara (LN) - was surprisingly easy, i flew through the prologue. will probably get more difficult when more stuff about celty starts coming up but i definitely feel less intimidated about it now, and i had a lot of fun. really like the double page at the front, with the main cast. sets up the dynamics perfectly.

86 (LN) - harder than durarara by quite a bit, this is more what i was expecting of a LN in terms of difficulty. i got more into this than i thought i would, even with the abundance of technical jargon and kanji i donโ€™t know (i think most of them were plant names).

ใƒกใ‚ฟใƒขใƒซใƒ•ใ‚ฉใƒผใ‚ผใฎ็ธๅด(ใˆใ‚“ใŒใ‚) - ohhh i really liked this. read a full chapter then stopped, but i think i could have read the whole thing in one sitting. good atmosphere, and the art is cute.

ๅผŸ(ใŠใจใ†ใจ)ใฎๅคซ(ใŠใฃใจ) - homophobia and grief warning for this one, but i read a full chapter and liked what i read. not sure how itโ€™ll handle the themes itโ€™s put down, but it seems to be treating them with care so far.

่‘ฌ้€(ใใ†ใใ†)ใฎใƒ•ใƒชใƒผใƒฌใƒณ - didnโ€™t read a full chapter but enjoyed what was there. this kind of story, of the aftermath, is always interesting to me.

ๅฆ–ๆ€ช็ตๅˆ(ใ‚ˆใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ‚ขใ‚ฝใƒผใƒˆ) - just kind of glanced at this to get the vibe, read maybe eight pages? was more comedic than i was expecting.

ใ€ŒGUILTYใ€ as part of the free volume of young king webBull - again, was just trying to get the vibe, read maybe 15 pages. iโ€™m terrible with names and this has twins swapping places, so this is a recipe for disaster but the artโ€™s nice. might be nsfw, didnโ€™t get that far.

made in abyss - i think this was the least i read? iโ€™m intrigued, but not itching to pick it back up. the colour pages at the start are gorgeous though.

the only word that really stood out was ใ‚ใ‹ใ‚‹ as ๅˆค(ใ‚ใ‹)ใ‚‹! only other place iโ€™ve seen this was bungou stray dogs, so iโ€™m not quite sure what that says about this guy. (from ๅผŸ(ใŠใจใ†ใจ)ใฎๅคซ(ใŠใฃใจ))

ๅˆคใฃใฆใ‚‹

yeah, i can see why :sweat_smile: i think i might swap to the show for a bit, and then come back to it another time. still, you made it all the way to volume three!

21 Likes

:house:
19 May

ๅ‘Š็™ฝ 28% - 30% (7 pg)

Iโ€™ll need to read ten pages tomorrow and on Sunday to finish this weekโ€™s reading. Donโ€™t want to fall behindโ€ฆ

20 Likes

Orange was my first novel and five pages was a good day for me! Keep at it. Slow and steady will keep you from getting burnt out too. :slight_smile: Good job!

11 Likes

Home Post

๏ผ•ๆœˆ๏ผ‘๏ผ•ๆ—ฅ
ใ‚ญใƒŽใฎๆ—…๏ผ‘page 183 I got carried away playing advance wars and before I knew it, it was late. I managed just one page before I fell asleep.

๏ผ•ๆœˆ๏ผ‘๏ผ–ๆ—ฅ
ใƒžใ‚ฎ๏ผ‘๏ผCh 95-96
ใ‚ญใƒŽใฎๆ—…๏ผ‘pages 183-188

๏ผ•ๆœˆ๏ผ‘๏ผ—ๆ—ฅ
How did I get this much reading done before I started Tears of the Kingdom? Man, I really held back :laughing: I expect my reading to drop a minimum for a little whileโ€ฆ
ใƒžใ‚ฎ๏ผ‘๏ผCh 97-98
ใ‚ญใƒŽใฎๆ—…๏ผ‘pages 188-193

๏ผ•ๆœˆ๏ผ‘๏ผ˜ๆ—ฅ
ใ‚ญใƒŽใฎๆ—…๏ผ‘pages 193-198

20 Likes

May 19th โ€” ๅฑฑ็”ฐใใ‚“ใจLv999ใฎๆ‹ใ‚’ใ™ใ‚‹ Chapter 1.

I walked into this thinking it would be easy โ€” I used to play MMORPGs like World of Warcraft and the vocabulary canโ€™t be that bad, right?

Wrong. So much important โ€œbreaking upโ€ vocabulary I have literally never come across before, and a couple of bad dictionary traps in there as well. Lack of ๆŒฏใ‚Šไปฎๅ made this much slower than it should have been. Oh well, after this chapter I feel much better equipped to handle some more ๅฐ‘ๅฅณๆผซ็”ป๏ผ

(Just in terms of speed, I think watching the recent anime one chapter ahead would be really helpful hereโ€ฆ)

21 Likes

:raccoon: :seedling: :cherry_blossom: The Reading Meadow :cherry_blossom: :seedling: :raccoon:

May 19th
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 40.22% // Volume V: 50.14% :shinto_shrine:

Todayโ€™s Bonus Colours

้ป„ๅ”่Œถใ—ใ‚‰ใกใ‚ƒ ๏ผ ้ป„้›€่Œถใ—ใ‚‰ใกใ‚ƒ - Yellow China-Brown / Yellow Sparrow-Brown

ๅฑฑๅน่‰ฒใ‚„ใพใถใใ„ใ‚ - Kerria Colour
(The golden yellow colour of the Kerria flower (Kerria Japonica))

ๅฑฑๅน่Œถใ‚„ใพใถใใกใ‚ƒ - Kerria Brown

ๆซจๆŸ“ใฏใ˜ใžใ‚ - Yamahaze Dye
(ๆซจใ€Œใฏใ˜ใ€refers to the wax tree, but this dye specifically refers to the colour of the dye made from the heartwood of the yamahaze tree (ๅฑฑๆซจ - Rhus Sylvestris - it doesnโ€™t have an English common name))

Words found in a tree stump

ๅคง็ด่จ€ใ€Œใ ใ„ใชใ”ใ‚“ใ€ใƒผ Chief councillor of state
ๅคฉไธ‹ๅธƒๆญฆใ€Œใฆใ‚“ใ‹ใตใถใ€ใƒผ Personal seal of Oda Nobunaga - โ€œUnify the nation by forceโ€

Words Found Under the Kerrias
้Šๅฎขใ€Œใ‚†ใ†ใ‹ใใ€ใƒผ Sightseer; frequenter of the red-light district; playboy; slacker
ๅฑฑๅนใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใใ€ใƒผ Kerria (Kerria Japonica)
ๅฑฑๆซจใ€Œใ‚„ใพใฏใœใ€ใƒผ Rhus Sylvestris (Sumac tree species)
ๆœจ่ Ÿใ€Œใ‚‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€ใƒผ Vegetable wax; sumac wax

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 1555

ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€
Name serving Nobunaga: ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅ €็”ฐ ้“็ฉบใ€ŒใปใฃใŸ ใฉใ†ใใ†ใ€- Chief retainer
ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father
ๆ˜ฅๆ—ฅไธนๅพŒใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใŒ ใŸใ‚“ใ”ใ€- Military commander

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda clan (Married to the daughter of Saito Dosan)
โ€“ ๅฏๆœˆใ€Œใ†ใฅใใ€- Nobunagaโ€™s faithful, old horse :horse:
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father and previous leader of the Oda clan
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€(Other name: ไฟกๆˆใ€Œใฎใถใชใ‚Šใ€) - Son (half-brother to Nobunaga (different mother))

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใ€) - First son
โ€“ ็›ฃ็‰ฉใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใคใ€- Second son
โ€“ ็”šๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Third son
โ€“ ้›จๅฎฎๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ใฟใ‚„ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€- Servant
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€/ nickname: ไฝๆธกใ€Œใ•ใฉใ†ใ€) (served under Nobunaga too)
โ€“ ็พŽไฝœๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใพใ•ใ‹ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€- Younger brother
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Retainers (Under Nobunaga rule):
ๆŸด็”ฐๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(Nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy
ๆต…้‡Žๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ใŒใ‚“ใพใ - Former worker/servant, friend of Hideyoshi

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle
โ€“ ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ้Š€ใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใญใ€- Son

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

Volume II: 1555 - 1562

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Head of the Oda clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟกๅบƒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใ‚ใ€- Older brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‚†ใใ€(also: ไฟกๅ‹ใ€Œใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€) - Younger brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ใŠๅธ‚ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใŠใ„ใกใ€- Younger sister

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi (Married to Nene)
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant

Military Commanders
ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€
โ€“ ใ“ใฒ - Wife
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Oldest Daughter (Married to Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ใŠใ‚„ๅฑ‹ใ€ŒใŠใ‚„ใ‚„ใ€- Youngest Daughter
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€(Common name: ๅ‹ไธ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใคใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››้‡ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ—ใ’ใ€(also know as: ๅคงๅญฆใ€Œใ ใ„ใŒใใ€)
ๅฑฑๅฃ ๅฎˆๅญใ€Œใ‚„ใพใใก ใ‚‚ใ‚ŠใŸใ‹ใ€(also known as: ๆตท่€ไธžใ€Œใˆใณใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€)
ๆŸ˜ๆค ๅ‹้ก•ใ€Œใคใ’ ใจใ‚‚ใ‚ใใ€(also known as: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆขถๅท ไธ€็ง€ใ€Œใ‹ใ˜ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใฒใงใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ไฟก่พฐใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใฎใถใจใใ€
ไฝใ€… ๆ”ฟๆฌกใ€Œใ•ใฃใ• ใพใ•ใคใใ€
ๅฒฉๅฎค ้‡ไผ‘ใ€Œใ„ใ‚ใ‚€ใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใ‚„ใ™ใ€
็ฐ—็”ฐ ๆ”ฟ็ถฑใ€Œใ‚„ใชใ  ใพใ•ใคใชใ€(also known as: ๅผฅไบŒๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚„ใ˜ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆฏ›ๅˆฉ ่‰ฏๅ‹ใ€Œใ‚‚ใ†ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใคใ€
ไธญๅท ้‡ๆ”ฟใ€Œใชใ‹ใŒใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใพใ•ใ€

Retainers
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€(nickname: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆฃฎ ๅฏๆˆใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใชใ‚Šใ€(Other name: ไธ‰ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ•ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
โ€“ ่˜ญไธธใ€Œใ‚‰ใ‚“ใพใ‚‹ใ€- Son
ๆปๅท ไธ€็›Šใ€ŒใŸใใŒใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ™ใ€(Common name: ๅฝฆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใฒใ“ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)

Others
ๅฑฑๆทต ๅณ่ฟ‘ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ†ใ“ใ‚“ใ€- Magistrate
โ€“ ๅฑฑๆทต ็พฉ้ ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ‚ˆใ—ใจใŠใ€- Father (Chief Vassal)
้“ๅฎถ ๆธ…ๅ้ƒŽใ€Œใฉใ†ใ‘ ใ›ใ„ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Wealthy farmer and lord

ๆˆธ้ƒจ ๆ–ฐๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใจใน ใ—ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Castle commander
ๆฐด้‡Ž ๅธฏๅˆ€ใ€Œใฟใšใฎ ใŸใฆใ‚ใใ€- Castle Guard
ๆœ้ƒจ ไธ€ๅฟ ใ€Œใฏใฃใจใ‚Š ใ‹ใšใŸใ ใ€(also called: ๅฐๅนณๅคชใ€Œใ“ใธใ„ใŸใ€) - Samurai

Maeda Clan
Military Commanders
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(childhood name: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€)
โ€“ ไฝ่„‡ ่‰ฏไน‹ใ€Œใ•ใ‚ใ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚†ใ‘ใ€(also known as: ่—คๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€Œใจใ†ใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ€) - Younger brother

Saito Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ–Ž่—ค ็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€)
โ€“ ๅญซๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใพใ”ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๅ–œๅนณๆฌกใ€Œใใธใ„ใ˜ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Father

Akechi Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€)
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Also the adoptive father of Jyubei
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ็ง€ๆบ€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฒใงใฟใคใ€- Son, and retainer to Jyubei

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท ็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo
โ€“ ไปŠๅท ๆฐ็œŸใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ†ใ˜ใ–ใญใ€- Son, and heir to the Imagawa clan
โ€“ ๅคชๅŽŸ ้›ชๆ–Žใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ’ใ‚“ ใ›ใฃใ•ใ„ใ€- Uncle, military advisor and monk

Military Commanders
ไผŠไธน ๅบท็›ดใ€Œใ„ใŸใฟ ใ‚„ใ™ใชใŠใ€(also known as: ๆจฉ้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใฟใ€)
ๅบตๅŽŸ ๅฟ ็ธใ€Œใ„ใฏใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€(also known as: ๅฐ†็›ฃใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ๅˆฉๆพ„ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใจใ—ใšใฟใ€(also known as: ๆŽƒ้ƒจไป‹ใ€Œใ‹ใถใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
้–ขๅฃ ๆฐ็ตŒใ€Œใ›ใใใก ใ†ใ˜ใคใญใ€
ๅฏŒๆฐธ ๆฐ็นใ€ŒใจใฟใชใŒ ใ†ใ˜ใ—ใ’ใ€(also known as: ไผฏ่€†ๅฎˆใ€Œใปใ†ใใฎใ‹ใฟใ€)

Others
ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€(Childhood name: ็ซนๅƒไปฃใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใกใ‚ˆใ€// Other name: ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€) - Retainer
โ€“ ็ฏ‰ๅฑฑใ€Œใคใใ‚„ใพใ€- Wife
โ€“ ๆฆŠๅŽŸ ๅฟ ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใพใ•ใ€- Vassal
โ€“ ็Ÿณๅท ๆ•ฐๆญฃใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€- Loyal follower
ๆœๆฏ”ๅฅˆ ไธป่จˆใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฒใช ใ‹ใšใˆใ€- Samurai
ไบ•ไผŠ ็›ด็››ใ€Œใ„ใ„ ใชใŠใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€- Retainer

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟก็Ž„ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ—ใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ€- Daimyo

Asakura Clan
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€- Daimyo

Sakai Clan
Military Commanders
้…’ไบ• ๆญฃ่ฆชใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใพใ•ใกใ‹ใ€(also known as: ไธŽๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Matsudaira Clan
Military Commanders
ๆพๅนณ ่ฆชไฟŠใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใกใ‹ใจใ—ใ€(also known as: ๅทฆ้ฆฌๅŠฉใ€Œใ•ใพใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆ‰ๆตฆ ๅ‰่ฒžใ€Œใ™ใŽใ†ใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใ ใ€(also known as: ๅ…ซ้ƒŽไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Miyoshi Clan
ไธ‰ๅฅฝ ้•ทๆ…ถใ€Œใฟใ‚ˆใ— ใชใŒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Head of the Miyoshi clan

Retainers
ๆพๆฐธ ๅผพๆญฃ ไน…็ง€ใ€ŒใพใคใชใŒ ใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ† ใฒใ•ใฒใงใ€

Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
่ถณๅˆฉ ็พฉ่ผใ€Œใ‚ใ—ใ‹ใŒ ใ‚ˆใ—ใฆใ‚‹ใ€- 13th Shogun of the Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
็ดฐๅท ๆ™ดๅ…ƒใ€Œใปใใ‹ใ‚ ใฏใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใจใ€- 34th Kanrei of the Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate

Non-affiliated
้ตœๆฎฟ ็”šไธƒใ€Œใ†ใฉ (ใฎ) ใ˜ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€- Mountain priest (Yamabushi)

Volume III: 1562 - 1570

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda Clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father (previous leader of the Oda Clan)

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€(Nickname: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€) - Hideyoshi
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Wife
( โ€“ โ€“ ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father)
( โ€“ โ€“ ใŠใ‚„ๅฑ‹ใ€ŒใŠใ‚„ใ‚„ใ€- Younger sister)
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant
โ€“ ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister

Military Commanders
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ไฟก็››ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใฎใถใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใ ใ•ใ ใ€
ๆปๅท ไธ€็›Šใ€ŒใŸใใŒใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ™ใ€
่…ๅฑ‹ ้•ท้ ผใ€Œใ™ใŒใ‚„ ใชใŒใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€
็น”็”ฐ ๅบƒ่‰ฏใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฒใ‚ใ‚ˆใ—ใ€(cousin to Nobunaga)
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(also called: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€)
ๅทๅฃ ๅฎ—ๅ‹ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใใก ใ‚€ใญใ‹ใคใ€(Common name: ไน…ๅŠฉใ€Œใใ‚…ใ†ใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆ—ฅๆฏ”้‡Ž ๅ…ญๅคงๅคซใ€Œใฒใณใฎ ใ‚ใใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€
ๆขถ็”ฐ ็›ด็นใ€Œใ‹ใ˜ใŸ ใชใŠใ—ใ’ใ€(also called: ้šผไบบใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใจใ€)
ๆพๅŽŸ ๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€
ๅ €ๅฐพ ๅ‰ๆ™ดใ€Œใปใ‚ŠใŠ ใ‚ˆใ—ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also called: ่Œ‚ๅŠฉใ€Œใ‚‚ใ™ใ‘ใ€)
โ€“ ๅ €ๅฐพ ๆณฐๆ™ดใ€Œใปใ‚ŠใŠ ใ‚„ใ™ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also called: ๅ‰ไน…ใ€Œใ‚ˆใ—ใฒใ•ใ€) - Father
ๆฃฎ ๅฏๆˆใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใชใ‚Šใ€(also called: ไธ‰ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ•ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(also known as: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ ๅฐšๆธ…ใ€Œใ„ใ„ใฎใŠ ใฒใ•ใใ‚ˆใ€
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€
่’ฒ็”Ÿ ๆฐ้ƒทใ€ŒใŒใ‚‚ใ† ใ†ใ˜ใ•ใจใ€
่’ๆœจ ๆ‘้‡ใ€Œใ‚ใ‚‰ใ ใ‚€ใ‚‰ใ—ใ’ใ€

Matsudaira Clan โ†’ name change to โ†’ Tokugawa Clan
ๆพๅนณ ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€(name change: ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€) - Leader of the Matsudaira Clan
โ€“ ็ซนๅƒไปฃใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใกใ‚ˆใ€- Eldest son

Military Commanders
็Ÿณๅท ๆ•ฐๆญฃใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€
้…’ไบ• ๅฟ ๆฌกใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใŸใ ใคใใ€

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ ๆญฃๅ‹ใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€(also called: ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใ“ใ‚ใใ€// new name because itโ€™s a new year so why not, letโ€™s have a new name: ๅฝฆๅณ่ก›้–€ ๆญฃๅ‹ใ€Œใฒใ“ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ ใพใ•ใ‹ใค) - Leader of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€- Wife
โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Eldest son
โ€“ ๅˆๅ้ƒŽใ€ŒใพใŸใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Cousin

ๆธก่พบ ๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้•ทไบ• ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Retainer

Ujiie Clan
ๆฐๅฎถ ็›ดๅ…ƒใ€Œใ†ใ˜ใ„ใˆ ใชใŠใ‚‚ใจใ€- Military Commander

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ็พฉ็ตฑใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใšใฟ ๏ผ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Military Commander

Kanbe Clan
ๅฑฑ่ทฏ ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ‚„ใพใ˜ ใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Military Commander

Date Clan
ไผŠ้” ๆ”ฟๅฎ—ใ€Œใ ใฆ / ใ„ใ ใฆ ใพใ•ใ‚€ใญใ€(also know as: ็‹ฌ็œผ้พใ€Œใ ใใŒใ‚“ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€(one-eyed dragon) - Leader of the Date clan

Miyoshi Clan
ๅๆฒณ ๅญ˜ไฟใ€Œใใ”ใ† ใพใ•ใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Military Commander

Mino Province
ๅคงๆฒข ๆฌก้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใ•ใ‚ ใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ่™Žใ€Œใจใ‚‰ใ€) - Lord of Unuma Castle
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้พ่ˆˆใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใŸใคใŠใใ€- Daimyo

Military Commanders
ไธ็ ด ๅ…‰ๆฒปใ€Œใตใ‚ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€(also called: ๅนณๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใธใ„ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ๅฎ‰่—ค ๅฎšๆฒปใ€Œใ‚ใ‚“ใฉใ† ใ•ใ ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also called: ็ฏ„ไฟŠใ€Œใฎใ‚Šใจใ—ใ€)
็ซนไธญ ้‡ๆฒปใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใชใ‹ ใ—ใ’ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also called: ๅŠๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใฏใ‚“ในใˆใ€)
โ€“ ็ซนไธญ ๅ–„ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใชใ‹ ใœใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Subordinate

Aki Province
็ฆๅณถ ๅธ‚ๆพใ€Œใตใใ—ใพ ใ„ใกใพใคใ€- Son of Hideyoshiโ€™s aunt

็ดฐๅท ่—คๅญใ€Œใปใใ‹ใ‚ ใตใ˜ใŸใ‹ใ€(also known as: ๅนฝๆ–Žใ€Œใ‚†ใ†ใ•ใ„ใ€) - Military Commander
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€- Military Commander

Unaffiliated
ๆต็“Šใ€Œใˆใ‘ใ„ใ€- Travelling monk
ๅฐพๅทž ้ขจๅฎขใ€Œใณใ—ใ‚…ใ† ใตใ†ใใ‚ƒใใ€- Mountain Hermit
ๅƒๅˆฉไผ‘ใ€Œใ›ใ‚“ใฎใ‚Šใใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Ultimate tea master
ๆ›ฝๅ‘‚ๅˆฉ ๆ–ฐๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใ†ใ‚Š ใ—ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(also know as: ๆ‰ๆœฌใ€Œใ™ใŽใ‚‚ใจใ€) ใƒผ Scabbard maker

Volume IV: 1570 - 1574

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€(Nickname: ้ญ”็Ž‹ใ€ŒใพใŠใ†ใ€๏ผ‰- Leader of the Oda Clan
โ€“ ใŠๅธ‚ใ€ŒใŠใ„ใกใ€- Younger sister

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€(Nickname: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€) - Hideyoshi

Military Commanders
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€(also known as: ๅ‹ไธ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใคใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€)
่œ‚ๅฑ‹ ้ ผ้š†ใ€Œใฏใกใ‚„ ใ‚ˆใ‚ŠใŸใ‹ใ€(also known as: ๅ…ตๅบซใ€Œใฒใ‚‡ใ†ใ”ใ€)
ๅ‚ไบ• ๆ”ฟๅฐšใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใพใ•ใฒใ•ใ€(also known as: ๅณ่ฟ‘ใ€Œใ†ใ“ใ‚“ใ€)
็ซนไธญ ้‡็Ÿฉ ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใชใ‹ ใ—ใ’ใฎใ‚Šใ€(also known as: ไน…ไฝœใ€Œใใ‚…ใ†ใ•ใใ€) - Younger brother to ้‡ๆฒป
็ซนไธญ ้‡ๆฒปใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใชใ‹ ใ—ใ’ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also known as: ๅŠๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใฏใ‚“ในใ„ใ€) - Older brother to ้‡็Ÿฉ
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ ๆญฃๅ‹ใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€(also known as: ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใ“ใ‚ใใ€& ๅฝฆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใฒใ“ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ €ๅฐพ ๅ‰ๆ™ดใ€Œใปใ‚Šใ„ใŠ ใ‚ˆใ—ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also known as: ่Œ‚ๅŠฉใ€Œใ‚‚ใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€
ๆฐๅฎถ ็›ดๅ…ƒใ€Œใ†ใ˜ใ„ใˆ ใชใŠใ‚‚ใจใ€(also known as: ใƒˆๅ…จใ€Œใผใใœใ‚“ใ€)
ๅฎ‰่—ค ๅฎˆๅฐฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚“ใฉใ† ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใชใ‚Šใ€
ๆญฆไบ• ๅค•ๅบตใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ„ ใ›ใใ‚ใ‚“ใ€
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(also known as: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€)

Children (of the Lords/Samurai etc.)
ๅŠ ่—ค ๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€
็ฆๅณถ ๆญฃๅ‰‡ใ€Œใตใใ—ใพ ใพใ•ใฎใ‚Šใ€
ๆฃฎ ๆˆๅˆฉใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใชใ‚Šใจใ—ใ€(also known as: ่˜ญไธธใ€Œใ‚‰ใ‚“ใพใ‚‹ใ€)

Tokugawa Clan
ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Leader of the Tokugawa clan

Military Commanders
ๆฆŠๅŽŸ ๅบทๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใใฐใ‚‰ ใ‚„ใ™ใพใ•ใ€
ๅคงไน…ไฟ ๅฟ ไธ–ใ€ŒใŠใŠใใผ ใŸใ ใ‚ˆใ€
ๆœฌๅคš ๅฟ ๅ‹ใ€Œใปใ‚“ใ  ใŸใ ใ‹ใคใ€(also known as: ๅนณๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€Œใธใ„ใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ€)
้ณฅๅฑ… ๅฟ ๅบƒใ€Œใจใ‚Šใ„ ใŸใ ใฒใ‚ใ€
้ซ˜ๆœจ ๅบƒๆญฃใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใŽ ใฒใ‚ใพใ•ใ€

Attendants
้‡Žไธญ ้‡ๆ”ฟใ€Œใฎใชใ‹ ใ—ใ’ใพใ•ใ€

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟก็Ž„ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ—ใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ€- Leader of the Takeda clan

Military Commanders
็ฉดๅฑฑ ไฟกๅ›ใ€Œใ‚ใชใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใŸใ ใ€(also known as: ๆข…้›ชใ€Œใฐใ„ใ•ใคใ€)
ไป็ง‘ ็››ไฟกใ€Œใซใ—ใช ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใฎใถใ€ (5th son of Takeda Shingen)
ๅฑฑ็œŒ ๆ˜Œๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚„ใพใŒใŸ ใพใ•ใ‹ใ’ใ€
ๅ†…่—ค ๆ˜Œ่ฑŠใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใพใ•ใจใ‚ˆใ€
ๅฐๅนก ไฟกๅฎšใ€ŒใŠใฐใŸ ใฎใถใ•ใ ใ€
ๅฐๅฑฑ็”ฐ ่™Žๆบ€ใ€ŒใŠใ‚„ใพใ  ใจใ‚‰ใฟใคใ€
้ฆฌๅ ด ไฟกๆ˜ฅใ€Œใฐใฐ ใฎใถใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also known as: ไฟกๆˆฟใ€Œใฎใถใตใ•ใ€)

Azai Clan
ๆต…ไบ• ้•ทๆ”ฟใ€Œใ‚ใ–ใ„ ใชใŒใพใ•ใ€- Leader of the Azai clan
โ€“ ใŠๅธ‚ใฎๆ–นใ€ŒใŠใ„ใกใฎใ‹ใŸใ€- Wife (Nobunagaโ€™s younger sister)
โ€“ ่Œถใ€…ใ€Œใกใ‚ƒใกใ‚ƒใ€- 1st daughter
โ€“ ใŠๅˆใ€ŒใŠใฏใคใ€- 2nd daughter
โ€“ ไธ‡ๅฏฟไธธใ€Œใพใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚…ใพใ‚‹ใ€- 1st son (heir to the Azai clan)

Military Commanders
ๅคง้‡Žๆœจ ็ง€ไฟŠใ€ŒใŠใŠใฎใŽ ใฒใงใจใ—ใ€
ๆจ‹ๅฃ ็›ดๆˆฟใ€Œใฒใใก ใชใŠใตใ•ใ€
็ฃฏ้‡Ž ๅ“กๆ˜Œใ€Œใ„ใใฎ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€(also known as: ไธนๆณขใ€ŒใŸใ‚“ใฐใ€)
้ ่—ค ็›ด็ตŒใ€Œใˆใ‚“ใฉใ† ใชใŠใคใญใ€(also known as: ๅ–œๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
่—คๆŽ› ๆฐธๅ‹ใ€Œใตใ˜ใ‹ใ‘ ใชใŒใ‹ใคใ€(also known as: ไธ‰ๆฒณๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใ‹ใ‚ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€)

Rokkaku Clan
ๅ…ญ่ง’ ็พฉ่ณขใ€Œใ‚ใฃใ‹ใ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใŸใ€(also known as: ๆ‰ฟ็ฆŽใ€Œใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใฆใ„ใ€) - Leader of the Rokkaku clan

Asakura Clan
ๆœๅ€‰ ๆ™ฏๅฅใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‹ใ’ใŸใ‘ใ€- Military Commander

Sassa Clan
ไฝใ€… ๆˆๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใฃใ• ใชใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€- Military Commander

่ถณๅˆฉ ็พฉๆ˜ญใ€Œใ‚ใ—ใ‹ใŒ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚ใใ€ใƒผ 15th Shogun of the Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate

Military Commanders
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€
็ดฐๅท ่—คๅญใ€Œใปใใ‹ใ‚ ใตใ˜ใŸใ‹ใ€
ๅ’Œ็”ฐ ๆƒŸๆ”ฟใ€Œใ‚ใ  ใ“ใ‚Œใพใ•ใ€

Volume V: 1574 - 15??
(Currently 1575)

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€(Nickname: ้ญ”็Ž‹ใ€ŒใพใŠใ†ใ€๏ผ‰- Leader of the Oda Clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟกๅฟ ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใŸใ ใ€- 1st Son

Military Commanders
่„‡ๅ‚ ๅฎ‰ๆฒปใ€Œใ‚ใใ–ใ‹ ใ‚„ใ™ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also known as: ็”šๅ†…ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใชใ„ใ€)
็จฒ่‘‰ ่‰ฏ้€šใ€Œใ„ใชใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใฟใกใ€(also known as: ไธ€้‰„ใ€Œใ„ใฆใฃใคใ€)
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(also known as: ๅˆๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€ŒใพใŸใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
็ฆๅฏŒ ็ง€ๅ‹ใ€Œใตใใฟใš ใฒใงใ‹ใคใ€(also known as: ๅนณๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใฒใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ไฝใ€… ๆˆๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใฃใ• ใชใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(also known as: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)
้‡Žใ€…ๆ‘ ๆญฃๆˆใ€Œใฎใฎใ‚€ใ‚‰ ใพใ•ใชใ‚Šใ€(also known as: ไธ‰ๅ้ƒŽใ€Œใ•ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ไธน็พฝ ้•ท็ง€ใ€Œใซใ‚ ใชใŒใฒใงใ€(also known as: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
่’ฒ็”Ÿ ๆฐ้ƒทใ€ŒใŒใ‚‚ใ† ใ†ใ˜ใ•ใจใ€
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€(also known as: ไฟก่ผใ€Œใฎใถใฆใ‚‹ใ€)
ๆปๅท ไธ€็›Šใ€ŒใŸใใŒใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ™ ๏ผ ใ„ใกใพใ™ใ€
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใˆใ€(also known as: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€)
ๆญฆไบ• ๅค•่ดใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ„ ใ›ใใ‚ใ‚“ใ€
ๆพไบ• ๅ‹้–‘ใ€Œใพใคใ„ ใ‚†ใ†ใ‹ใ‚“ใ€

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€(Nickname: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€) - Toyotomi Hideyoshi / Kinoshita Tลkichirล
โ€“ โ€“ ๆœจไธ‹ ๅ‰ๅฎšใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใ ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ ็พฝๆŸด ็ง€ๅ‹ใ€Œใฏใ—ใฐ ใฒใงใ‹ใคใ€(also: ๆ–ผๆฌกไธธใ€ŒใŠใคใŽใพใ‚‹ใ€) - Adopted son (4th son of Nobunaga)
โ€“ ็พฝๆŸด ็ง€้•ทใ€Œใฏใ—ใฐ ใฒใงใชใŒใ€(also: ๅฐไธ€้ƒŽใ€Œใ“ใกใ‚ใ†ใ€) - Younger brother

Hideyoshiโ€™s Followers
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€(also known as: ๅฝฆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใฒใ“ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
โ€“ ๅฐๅ…ญ ๅฎถๆ”ฟใ€Œใ“ใ‚ใ ใ„ใˆใพใ•ใ€- Son
็”Ÿ้ง’ ็”šๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใ“ใพ ใ˜ใ‚“ใ™ใ‘ใ€
ๅŠ ่—ค ไฝœๅ†…ใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใ•ใใชใ„ใ€
ๅข—็”ฐ ้•ท็››ใ€Œใพใ—ใŸ ใชใŒใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€(also known as: ไปๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใซใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅคง่ฐท ๅ‰็ถ™ใ€ŒใŠใŠใŸใซ ใ‚ˆใ—ใคใใ€(also known as: ๅนณ้ฆฌใ€Œใธใ„ใพใ€)
ไธ€ๆŸณ ็›ดๆœซใ€Œใฒใจใคใ‚„ใชใŽ ใชใŠใ™ใˆใ€(also known as: ๅธ‚ๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใกใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆœจไธ‹ ๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€
ๅฐ่ฅฟ ่กŒ้•ทใ€Œใ“ใซใ— ใ‚†ใใชใŒใ€(also known as: ๅผฅไน้ƒŽใ€Œใ‚„ใใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ๅฑฑๅ†… ไธ€่ฑŠใ€Œใ‚„ใพใ†ใก ใ‹ใคใจใ‚ˆ ๏ผ ใ‹ใšใจใ‚ˆใ€(also known as: ็Œชๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
็ฆๅณถ ๆญฃๅ‰‡ใ€Œใตใใ—ใพ ใพใ•ใฎใ‚Šใ€(also known as: ๅธ‚ๆพใ€Œใ„ใกใพใคใ€)
ๅŠ ่—ค ๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚„ใพใ•ใ€(also known as: ่™Žไน‹ๅŠฉใ€Œใจใ‚‰ใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ไป™็Ÿณ ็ง€ไน…ใ€Œใ›ใ‚“ใ”ใ ใฒใงใฒใ•ใ€(also known as: ๆจฉๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ในใˆใ€)
็Ÿณ็”ฐ ไธ‰ๆˆใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ  ใฟใคใชใ‚Šใ€
ๅนณ้‡Ž ้•ทๆณฐใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฎ ใชใŒใ‚„ใ™ใ€(also known as: ๆจฉๅนณใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใบใ„ใ€)
ๅŠ ่—ค ๅ˜‰ๆ˜Žใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚ใใ‚‰ใ€
็ณŸๅฑ‹ ๆญฆๅ‰‡ใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใ‚„ ใŸใ‘ใฎใ‚Šใ€

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท ๆฐ็œŸใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ†ใ˜ใ–ใญใ€- Head of the Imagawa clan

Tokugawa Clan
ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Head of the Tokugawa clan
โ€“ ๆพๅนณ ไฟกๅบทใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎใถใ‚„ใ™ใ€(also: ไธ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€) - 1st Son

Military Commanders
่ฟ‘่—ค ๅนณๅ…ญใ€Œใ“ใ‚“ใฉใ† ใฒใ„ใ‚ใใ€
็Ÿณๅท ้‡ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใพใ•ใ€(also known as: ๅˆๅ››้ƒŽใ€ŒใพใŸใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ๆพๅนณ ๅฎถๅฟ ใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใ„ใˆใŸใ ใ€
ๅฅฅๅนณ ๅฎš่ƒฝใ€ŒใŠใใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใ•ใ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ€
ๆธก่พบ ๅฎˆ็ถฑใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใคใชใ€(also known as: ๅŠ่”ตใ€Œใฏใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€)
้…’ไบ• ๅฟ ๆฌกใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใŸใ ใคใใ€
ๆœฌๅคš ๅบƒๅญใ€Œใปใ‚“ใ  ใฒใ‚ใŸใ‹ใ€
ๆพๅนณ ไผŠๅฟ ใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใ“ใ‚ŒใŸใ ใ€
ๆฆŠๅŽŸ ๅบทๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใใฐใ‚‰ ใ‚„ใ™ใพใ•ใ€
ๅนณๅฒฉ ่ฆชๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใ„ใ‚ ใกใ‹ใ‚ˆใ—ใ€
ๆœฌๅคš ๅฟ ๅ‹ใ€Œใปใ‚“ใ  ใŸใ ใ‹ใคใ€(also known as: ๅนณๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€Œใธใ„ใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Samurai
ๅคง่ณ€ ๅผฅๅ››้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใŠใŒ ใ‚„ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€
ๅฑฑ็”ฐ ๅ…ซ่”ตใ€Œใ‚„ใพใ  ใฏใกใžใ†ใ€
ๅคงๅฒก ๅฟ ็›ธใ€ŒใŠใŠใŠใ‹ ใŸใ ใ™ใ‘ใ€(also known as: ๅฟ ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใกใ‚…ใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)

Ashigaru
้ณฅๅฑ… ๅผทๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใจใ‚Šใ„ ใ™ใญใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€๏ผ‰

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ๅ‹้ ผใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‹ใคใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€- Head of the Takeda clan

Military Commanders
่ทก้ƒจ ๅ‹่ณ‡ใ€Œใ‚ใจใน ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€(also known as: ๅคง็‚Šใ€ŒใŠใŠใ„ใ€)
ๅฑฑ็œŒ ๆ˜Œๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚„ใพใŒใŸ ใพใ•ใ‹ใ’ใ€
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟกๅป‰ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใฉใ€
็ฉดๅฑฑ ไฟกๅ›ใ€Œใ‚ใชใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใŸใ ใ€
้ฆฌๅ ด ไฟกๆ˜ฅใ€Œใฐใฐ ใฎใถใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also known as: ็พŽๆฟƒๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใฎใฎใ‹ใฟใ€)
็œŸ็”ฐ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ•ใชใ  ใฎใถใคใชใ€
ๅŽŸ ๆ˜Œ่ƒคใ€Œใฏใ‚‰ ใพใ•ใŸใญใ€(also known as: ้šผไบบไฝใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใจใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๅœŸๅฑ‹ ๆ˜Œๆฌกใ€Œใคใกใ‚„ ใพใ•ใคใใ€
ๅฐๅนก ไฟก็œŸใ€ŒใŠใฐใŸ ใฎใถใ–ใญใ€(also known as: ไธŠ็ทไป‹ใ€Œใ‹ใšใ•ใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
้•ทๅ‚ ่™Žๆˆฟใ€ŒใชใŒใ•ใ‹ ใจใ‚‰ใตใ•ใ€(also known as: ้•ท้–‘ใ€Œใกใ‚‡ใ†ใ‹ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅฐ็ฌ ๅŽŸ ไฟกๅถบใ€ŒใŠใŒใ•ใ‚ใ‚‰ ใฎใถใฟใญใ€(also known as: ๆŽƒ้ƒจใ€Œใ‹ใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
็”˜ๅˆฉ ไฟกๅบทใ€Œใ‚ใพใ‚Š ใฎใถใ‚„ใ™ใ€
ๅฐๅฑฑ็”ฐ ไฟก่Œ‚ใ€ŒใŠใ‚„ใพใ  ใฎใถใ—ใ’ใ€
ๅ†…่—ค ๆ˜Œ่ฑŠใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใพใ•ใจใ‚ˆใ€
่…ๆฒผ ๅฎšๅฟ ใ€Œใ™ใŒใฌใพ ใ•ใ ใŸใ ใ€

Uesugi Clan
ไธŠๆ‰ ่ฌ™ไฟกใ€Œใ†ใˆใ™ใŽ ใ‘ใ‚“ใ—ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Uesugi clan

19 Likes

May 19, Fri of Week 8 of Spring Q2 2023 :cherry_blossom:

• aDoJG/Basic : ใปใ†ใŒใ„ใ„, ใปใ†ใŒ ๏ฝžใ‚ˆใ‚Š

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ

Words of the day
  • ใใใ‚ใชใ„(.) = unsuitable. From the verb ใใใ†.
  • ใฒใ‚‡ใ‚ใฃใจ(.) = tall and thin
  • ๅž‚ๆถŽ(ใ™ใ„ใœใ‚“) = avid desire. The second Kanji is ๆถŽ(ใ‚ˆใ ใ‚Œ) :drooling_face:
  • ่ชžๆฐ—(ใ”ใ)ใ‚’ๅผท(ใคใ‚ˆ)ใ‚ใ‚‹ = to speak empathetically
  • ๅ้ซ˜(ใชใ ใ‹)ใ„ = famous
  • ่ก†็›ฎ(ใ—ใ‚…ใ†ใ‚‚ใ) = public attention
19 Likes

:cherry_blossom: Day 49, 5 ๆœˆ 19 ๆ—ฅ :herb:

:open_book: Back to my Home Post

:jigsaw: Graded Readers

Decided to do a lot of easy reading today. Too close to the weekend, Iโ€™m tired. :sweat_smile:

18 Likes

:cherry_blossom: :tulip: :blossom: May 19 :blossom: :tulip: :cherry_blossom:
Home Post

:cherry_blossom: Ouran Host Club : 3 โ†’ 8
:white_flower: Grammar Dictionary : 1 entry

IT HAS FINALLY BEGUN (well in Japan)! Ouran is here, baby! Andโ€ฆ

Ouch. First chapter syndrome. Plodding through the first few pages (especially page 7 and 8). Quite a few words that I didnโ€™t know. Even had trouble figuring out the form of a verb (alternative causative form). Ichi.moe to the rescue. Was quite a while since I needed to use that. I think last time was in 2019/2020 that I needed its help to figure out a grammar bit.

Well, hopefully the difficulty will settle a little bit later in the chapter and hopefully for all coming ones, although this is an intermediate level-ish manga, so who knows? Also, Kyouya, I love you, but dang, Iโ€™m gonna struggle every time you talk, arenโ€™t I?

23 Likes

Iโ€™m down to the last hour of ใƒ‘ใƒ‘ๆดปๅฅณๅญ (reading with audiobook). Itโ€™s interesting seeing parts of Japanโ€™s economic conditions mirroring those in America. I had no idea they had such an issue with student loan debt as well.

Also while last time I mentioned the author got some side eye from me due to his evaluation of ่Œถ้ฃฏๅฅณๅญ, he redeemed himself a bit with this line:

ๆ—ฅๆœฌใฏๅจ˜ใ‚„ๅญซใซๅฃฒๆ˜ฅใ‚„ใƒ‘ใƒ‘ๆดปใ‚’ใ•ใ›ใ‚‹ใ€ใ“ใ‚Œใฏๆ™ฎ้€šใงใฏใชใ„ไบ‹ๆ…‹ใ ใ€‚ใใ—ใฆ็ฅ–็ˆถไธ–ไปฃใฏใƒ–ใƒซใ‚ปใƒฉๅฐ‘ๅฅณใ‚’่ฒทใ„ๆผใ‚Šใ€็ˆถ่ฆชไธ–ไปฃใฏใƒ‘ใƒ‘ๆดปๅฅณๅญใจใ‚ปใƒƒใ‚ฏใ‚นใ‚’ๅซใ‚ใŸไบค้š›ใ‚’ใ—ใฆๅ–œใ‚“ใงใ„ใ‚‹ใ€‚ใฉใ†ใ—ใฆใ“ใ‚“ใชใ“ใจใŒ่ตทใ“ใ‚‹ใฎใ‹่€ƒใˆใ‚‹ใจใ€ๅ›ฝๆฐ‘ใซๆŒ‡้‡ใ‚’ไธŽใˆใ‚‹ๅ›ฝใŒใ€ๅจ˜ใ‚„ๅญซใฎๅฃฒๆ˜ฅใ‚„ใƒ‘ใƒ‘ๆดปใ‚’ๆŽจๅฅจใ—ใฆใ„ใ‚‹ๅฏ่ƒฝๆ€งใซๆ€ใ„ๅฝ“ใŸใ‚‹ใ€‚

but then he promptly goes on to call it redistribution of wealth soโ€ฆ :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :joy:

21 Likes

:seedling: :blossom: ๏ผ•ๆœˆ๏ผ‘๏ผ™ๆ—ฅ :blossom: :seedling: (Home Post Link)

I was hanging out with some friends the other day, and we stopped by the local comics shop. Theyโ€™ve been getting an increasing amount of manga (all english releases and usually just popular/currently airing anime stuff), so itโ€™s fun to look through it every once in a while. We noticed a single volume of a series Iโ€™d never heard of before called: โ€œMy Sister, The Catโ€ (ๅฆนใฏ็Œซ) sitting tucked at the back of one of the shelves. No idea how this managed to get an official seven seas localization, because basically no one has read it as far as I can tell (~200 on MAL, ~200 on anilist, 18 for the first volume on bookmeter). Seems to be a printing of a pixiv comic, so maybe it had some online following but then couldnโ€™t follow that up well with print. Very slice of life-y, and flipping through a few chapters online it looked pretty easy to read. Maybe a step up from chiโ€™s if some newer readers wanted to stay with the cat antics. Also only 3 volumes! Might give it a shot, but I really would like to get my ็ฉ่ชญๆœฌ stack below 100 books at some point :sweat_smile:

Especially with picking up a new book club (excited to start ouran!!) and starting my job job again this week, have to be a little careful with the stuff I commit to doing

Read:

• aDoBJG - ใ‹ and ใ‹๏ผˆใฉใ†ใ‹๏ผ‰
  • ๆ–ฐๅฎŒๅ…จใƒžใ‚นใ‚ฟใƒผ pg 70 โ†’ 78 - I thought i was going crazy reading the answers to one of these because they all seemed false, then realized there was a ใ ใ‘ hidden in one of them that my brain just kept skipping overโ€ฆ :melting_face: ใ‹ใฉใ†ใ‹ also showed up in this reading today! Finished the skim reading practice, so now itโ€™s just like 70 pages of straight up test practice questions, weโ€™ll see how much of this I can manage a day
  • ใฏใกใ‚…ใญใƒŸใ‚ฏใฎๆ—ฅๅธธ pg 97 โ†’ 133 done! - thanks to a shortage in the nationwide onion supply, miku decides to get a part time job at a restaurant.

Good expression from today: ็ซใฎ่ปŠ (ใฒใฎใใ‚‹ใพ) - desperate financial situation; dire straits

plus the some furigana fun:

25 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // May 19 :cherry_blossom: :blossom:

ใƒป่–ฌๅฑ‹ใฎใฒใจใ‚Šใ”ใจ 7 (70% โ†’ 71%)

Today was a smol reading day. I did find a WK reference tho, haha :crabigator: :durtle_the_explorer: :fire:

24 Likes

May 19th!

I like to do one of my easier bookclub reads on Friday evenings since Iโ€™m usually tired after a full week of working - so I read a chapter of Teasing Master Takagi-san today.

(Home Post)

21 Likes

I havenโ€™t posted in a while but I have been reading every day as usual! The Cartagra remake came out at the end of last month so Iโ€™ve been slowly going through that. Itโ€™s been very interesting so far, its a murder mystery type game about a bizarre case of killings that have been happening in the ไธŠ้‡Ž area. Difficulty wise it isnโ€™t too bad but the writer loves to use kanji for almost everything. ๆญคๅ‡ฆ, ๅ…ถๅ‡ฆ, ไบ”ๆœˆ่ …ใ„, etc. Definitely seeing some words in kanji for the first time in this one. Iโ€™d post a screenshot but the game can be pretty gore-y and I donโ€™t have any non-spoiler stuff on-hand but the OP video was posted on youtube and shows off how nice the music & art are.

Outside of that, Iโ€™m playing iDOLM@STER Starlit Season on psn. Iโ€™d play it on steam but its region locked for whatever reason, so its far easier to just play on a psn jp account. The game is pretty fun, features some girls from all the idolmaster branches and theyโ€™re building a special unit together. The gameplay is pretty simple, its an idol-raising sim/VN hybrid. You usually have 2 days of lessons, 2 days of work, 2 lives and a free day in each week so during that week you train your idols, raise their stats, interact with them and get SP to unlock new skills on their skill tree and advance their story path etc.
With that said, its probably 70% dialogue and 30% gameplay. I play a lot of the Idolmaster Shiny Colors browser game so Iโ€™m more or less familiar with this type of writing which makes it easier on me. The hardest part is that the game is on like a forced-auto so the dialogue just keeps going unless I pause the game :sweat_smile: That + no texthooking since its a console game means I have to accept not understanding everything but Iโ€™ve been able to figure out whatโ€™s happening with context during the harder parts of dialogue & pick up some new words that way.

The 3d models in the game look really good too, hereโ€™s a quick screenshot showing off a story section

23 Likes

2023-05-20T01:20:00Z

The highlighted is a word that Iโ€™ve been having trouble with recently so the meaning is fresh in my mind. (I put it in spoilers because itโ€™s a panel from Ouran High School Host Club and I know that people on this thread are reading it for a book club.)

22 Likes

May 19th:

• played Lost Sphear for about an hour
strange color for a river..

21 Likes

:hibiscus:May 19:hibiscus:
|||||Home Post|||||

:white_flower:ๆ—ฅๆœฌ่ชžๅŸบๆœฌๆ–‡ๆณ•่พžๅ…ธใƒปpg 149
Back to the dictionary today! Going to see Suzume tomorrow, so that should be fun.

21 Likes

19/05/2023 :fairy:t5: Home Post Link

read 2 pages from yotsuba.

18 Likes

Home

๏ผŠ๏ผ•ๆœˆ๏ผ‘๏ผ™ๆ—ฅ๏ผŠ

And now itโ€™s โ€œbobbleโ€ instead of โ€œbauble.โ€ Ugh. Iโ€™m nearly halfway through, but Iโ€™m not sure Iโ€™m invested enough in the plot to finish it. Every comma splice makes me want to bang my head against my desk, and there are a lot of them. The plotโ€™s too meh to pull me through them. Iโ€™m also just way too tired to deal with it today. Well, at least this is a library book and not another bad-decision purchase.

• preview for ๅฆนใฏ็Œซ. It looks pretty adorable
  • 5 pages of 2.43, finishing ch 4 and leaving off on pg 36

Wow so itโ€™s not just Oda and Aoki who donโ€™t talk about their college choices (in fact Aoki actually lies about it because he knows Oda would ask him to retire if he knew he was planning on getting into KyลDai and he wonโ€™t go against him if he does [he quits the student council as soon as heโ€™s able, but he wants to stick with volleyball to the end; this is all for Oda anyway so if he asks or encourages him to retire, he will, but until thenโ€ฆ], and Oda doesnโ€™t say anything about any of it even though he knows, he freaking saw Aokiโ€™s future plans form and he freaking lets him lie to his face despite worrying about him having time to study enough to get in just as Aoki knew he would. I hate them [lying]) but Subaru and Ochi too. Because โ€œthey donโ€™t talk about stuff like that,โ€ even though he knows Ochi would tell him if he asked. Dude, heโ€™s your best friend, and you clearly want to know where heโ€™s going and what his relationship to volleyball will be moving forward, just ask him.

Though I suppose he could be scared. He doesnโ€™t say as much, but he could be scared of the answer. They also wonโ€™t have that promise between them to bring Ochi to the orange center court at HaruKou anymore after this year, regardless of whether heโ€™s able to keep it or not. That is, after all, what led to Ochi staying on when he felt like quitting, and to them becoming friends. Ochiโ€™s said multiple times (and even if he is annoyed at Subaru making him make him promise so often, he does genuinely want to go, and Subaru knows that) that he wants to stand at that orange center court as manager, but what if thatโ€™s all, and he doesnโ€™t want to continue with volleyball beyond that since he canโ€™t play? And for all his deification (which he himself also actively contributes to), for all his being the โ€œkingโ€ and all his untouchableness and not-humanness, Mimura Subaru is still just a boy. (And heโ€™s the youngest of the 3rd-yearsโ€”a full 11 months younger than the oldest on the team.) Ochi may not have an atmosphere about him that makes it difficult to ask him, but that still doesnโ€™t make it any easier if youโ€™re scared of hearing the answer.

No but I realized a few months ago that I donโ€™t even know if Ochi actually goes to Keyakisha like Subaru (and later Yuni and Chika). I only assumed that he does and that he becomes their manager. I know he is still in next4years. But what if heโ€™s a manager at a rival school instead? Subaru, you are not helping!! Please just ask him. For me. I have a whole other volume to read before next4years, a whole other volume that wonโ€™t have Fukuhou because itโ€™s the HaruKou Arc.

I wonder if the time Subaru fell into the sea that Ochi alludes to is the time that the team tagged along with Hiramasa once when he went fishing soon after Subaru became a ghost member of the fishing club which was mentioned in ้€”ไธญไธ‹่ปŠใฎๆตท. Iโ€™d say Kabei-sensei doesnโ€™t forget about even the small things, but uh. In vol 1, Kannoโ€™s old nickname is โ€œAkiton,โ€ but in vol 2 itโ€™s โ€œAkkun.โ€ In the novel, the name of Fukuhouโ€™s manager when Subaru and co. were first-years is Honda, but in the anime and the Fukuhou short story included with the 2nd vol of the anime, itโ€™s Kida. I also wanna say that in vol 1 the Ooes (Chikaโ€™s grandparents) live in Suzumu and in vol 2 itโ€™s that Chika and his parents used to live in Suzumu and now he lives with his grandparents in Monshiro, but I could have just misunderstood that when I read vol 1โ€ฆ

18 Likes

:gem: Home :facepunch:

May 19
ๅญฃ็ฏ€ใ‚’ๆ„‰ใ—ใ‚€366ๆ—ฅ
5/20

ๅธ่ก€้ฌผใƒ‰ใƒฉใ‚ญใƒฅใƒฉ
18 - 21

ๆกœ่˜ญ้ซ˜ๆ ก(ใŠใ†ใ‚‰ใ‚“ใ“ใ†ใ“ใ†)ใƒ›ใ‚นใƒˆใ‚ฏใƒฉใƒ–
-

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ32
10 - 28

Seasons was about trees and nature. 5ๆœˆ20ๆ—ฅ is ๆฃฎๆž—ใฎๆ—ฅ because 5 ๆœจ. I donโ€™t follow their logic for how that fits with the 20th.

I was going to just read chapters of JoJo with a break between chapters to read/study other stuff, but my friend shared that a doujin is available to buy so I got lost in ่™Žใฎ็ฉด and then Booth, then confused about having multiple Booth accounts (howโ€™d that happen???), and then it was night and I tried to prioritize Dracula over other stuff since I want to catch up to Daily Dracula. Itโ€™s really great but jeez, definitely above my punching weight. Iโ€™m hoping it goes back to the difficulty of the first couple of pages later :sweat_smile: :sob:

Words found on the spaceship and in the coffin
word reading meaning/notes
็ˆฝใ‚„ใ‹ ใ•ใ‚ใ‚„ใ‹ refreshing
ๆฟƒๆทก ใฎใ†ใŸใ‚“ light and shade (in Seasons talking about walking in nature)
่‡†็—… ใŠใใณใ‚‡ใ† cowardly, timid (I got this confused with ๅ„„ๆณฐโ€™s ๅ„„ lol)
ๆ–ญๅด– ใ ใ‚“ใŒใ„ cliff, bluff
ๅณฐ ใฟใญ mountain peak
้Š€ๅถบ ใŽใ‚“ใ‚Œใ„ snow covered mountains
ๅพŒ่€… ใ“ใ†ใ—ใ‚ƒ the latter I was pretty surprised to see this one twice in one day in completely different places
็ฐ็Œ› ใฉใ†ใ‚‚ใ† ferocious, savage
็ชบใ† ใ†ใ‹ใŒใ† to peep, examine
ๅณ  ใจใ†ใ’ mountain pass, ridge, peak
็Œ›ใ€…ใ—ใ„ ใŸใ‘ใ ใ‘ใ—ใ„ ferocious, brazen
18 Likes