๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Spring 2023 ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒผ

Itโ€™s been a while, but Iโ€™ve been back reading every day for quite a while nowโ€ฆ so I thought I might pop in super late here and just do some posts about what Iโ€™m up to. Weโ€™ll see if the posts are daily or not.

I recently played all of Octopath Traveller 2 in Japanese, so with that time already spent polishing how Iโ€™m going to do manual lookups, Iโ€™m branching out more into things I donโ€™t have an easy solution for. So Iโ€™ve been reading the visual novel: Paranormasight: The Seven Mysteries of Honjo. I canโ€™t texthook this VN, though Iโ€™ve learned that might be because Iโ€™m not doing it well enough haha. This game is only 2 months old and really flew under the radar, but comparisons to Zero Escape and the like pulled me in. Read probably 2 hours today, bet Iโ€™ll do at least a little more later, too.

And you know, thereโ€™s always some sort of unexpected challenge with games. Iโ€™m finding the dialog and general script really easy to read, but Iโ€™ve spent hours to still be early in the VNโ€ฆ because itโ€™s packed with files. Background information on characters, history of locations, ghost stories โ€“ so many files! I had 12 of them pop up in a pretty short time today. I donโ€™t find them usually THAT hard to read, but they often pull out unusual words (especially since so many are historical) and the manual lookups are slow going. Iโ€™ve attached my favorite of the titular โ€œSeven Mysteriesโ€ as an example, though Iโ€™d say itโ€™s both shorter and easier to read than the average file here.

The VN seems interesting so far! I love how it looks and itโ€™s got a lot of movement for a VN, generally feels dynamic. A โ€œjump scareโ€ of sorts it went with felt a little cheesy and I think the lack of voice acting is a huge missed opportunity, but so far Iโ€™m interested. The way it centers around ghost stories and folklore is really cool.

25 Likes

5ๆœˆ10ๆ—ฅ(ๆฐด)
Home post

:sunrise: ๆšใฎใƒจใƒŠ vol. 1 (p. 103 - p. 162)
Today I read two more chapters. Only one left in this volume.
Chapter 3: 30 minutes for 30 pages
Chapter 4: 21 minutes for 30 pages
I guess I am getting a little bit used to this mangas writing style.

23 Likes

:cherry_blossom: :herb: 2-9 May :books: :honeybee:
Home post :house_with_garden:

Hello! havenโ€™t updated since last weekโ€ฆ honestly, itโ€™s been a slow week regarding readingโ€ฆ ngl, some days all Iโ€™ve been reading has been a short story from my graded reader, while I brush my teeth before bedโ€ฆ :sob: :toothbrush: :open_book:

• 2/5: :woman_scientist: 5 min โ€ข :books:
  • 3/5: :woman_scientist: 15 min โ€ข :books:
  • 4/5: :ring: 12min โ€ข :woman_scientist: 9min โ€ข :books:
  • 5/5: :heavy_multiplication_x: missedโ€ฆ โ€ข :books:
  • 6/5: :dragon:min โ€ข :books:
  • 7/5: :woman_teacher: 6 min โ€ข :woman_scientist: 4min โ€ข :books:
  • 8/5: :woman_scientist: 7min โ€ข :books:
  • 9/5: :heavy_multiplication_x: missedโ€ฆ โ€ข :books:
22 Likes

May 9
I finished one chapter of Sacrifice of the Abyss and read some pages in manga magazines.

Sacrifice of the Abyss

While searching for the infirmary to get something to rescue Anastasia, Miki finds another girl Olga. Olga is the daughter of a doctor and because of that knows a little bit about medicine. She examines Anastasia and discovers that Anastasia got a overdose of radioactivity and will soon die if she is not treated. But thanks god there is some medicine in Olgaโ€™s father doctorโ€™s office. To get the medicine some puzzles need to be solved.

8017 pages read

20 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // May 10 :cherry_blossom: :blossom:

ใƒป่–ฌๅฑ‹ใฎใฒใจใ‚Šใ”ใจ 6 (65% โ†’ 66%)

Today was busy, so just a short session.

omg yes! :joy:

21 Likes

May 10th!

Today I read chapter 80 of Shadows House.

(Home Post)

21 Likes

Summary post

Day 38: May 8th
Missed :upside_down_face: Stupid work.

Day 39: May 9th
What did I read?: ้›จใจๅ›ใจ Vol 3
How much did I read?: 23 pages
How long did it take me?: 10 min

Still stupid work, but I wanted to get in a tiny read, at least.

Day 40: May 10th
What did I read?: ้›จใจๅ›ใจ Vol 3
How much did I read?: 28 pages
How long did it take me?: 11 min

And just like that, volume 3 of the tanuki is over :sweat_smile: It was a nice relaxing read. Today we learned that Tanuki likes to be cozy :laughing: Look at him in his tiny blanket :pleading_face:

I love when the girl puts the tanuki in her bag, idk why thatโ€™s so cute to me :joy:

Iโ€™m a bit late, but congratulations!! Thatโ€™s an awesome achievement :partying_face:

25 Likes

2023ๅนด5ๆœˆ10ๆ—ฅ

ๅ†ดใฎใƒ‘ใƒฉใ‚นใซไพตๅ…ฅใ—ใพใ—ใŸ๏ผๆœฌๅฝ“ใซใ‚ฐใƒƒใƒ‰ใ‚ฟใ‚คใƒŸใƒณใ‚ฐใงใ™ใญใ€ไฝ•ๆ•…ใ‹ใจ่จ€ใ†ใจ็งใฎๆ—ฅๆœฌ่ชž่ƒฝๅŠ›ใฏใ‚ใกใ‚ƒใใกใ‚ƒใƒ€ใ‚ฆใƒณใ ใฃใŸใ€‚ใƒ‘ใƒฉใ‚นใฏใกใ‚‡ใฃใจไผ‘ๆ†ฉใฃใฝใ„ใ‹ใ‚‰ไพตๅ…ฅใ—ใฆใ‚ˆใ‹ใฃใŸใจๆ€ใ†ใ€‚ๆœ€่ฟ‘ใฏๅฐ‘ใ—ใšใคๆ‚ฒใ—ใใชใ‚Šใพใ™ใ€‚ใ ใฃใฆใ‚‚ใ†ใใ‚ใใ‚ใƒšใƒซใ‚ฝใƒŠ5ใ‚’็ต‚ใ‚ใ‚Šใพใ™ใ€‚ๅฎŸใฏๅ†้–‹ใƒ—ใƒฌใ‚คใ™ใ‚‹ไบบใ˜ใ‚ƒใชใ„ใ‹ใ‚‰็ต‚ใ‚ใฃใŸใ‚‰็ต‚ใ‚ใ‚Šใงใ™ใ€‚ใ“ใฎใƒใƒฃใƒฌใƒณใ‚ธใฎ็ต‚ไบ†ใพใงใƒšใƒซใ‚ฝใƒŠ5ใ‚’ใƒ—ใƒฌใ‚คใ™ใ‚‹ใ“ใจใŒๅ‡บๆฅใŸใ‚‰่‰ฏใ‹ใฃใŸใชใจๆ€ใ†ใ‘ใฉใ‚„ใฑใ‚Šใ“ใฎๅ‰ใซ็ต‚ใ‚ใ‚‹ใ‹ใชใ€‚ใ€‚ใ€‚

ใใ‚Œใ˜ใ‚ƒใ‚๏ผใพใŸใญ๏ผ

18 Likes

:seedling: :blossom: ๏ผ•ๆœˆ๏ผ‘๏ผๆ—ฅ :blossom: :seedling: (Home Post Link)

Iโ€™m actually feeling very in the โ€œstudy modeโ€ right now, so I think Iโ€™m going to pick up where I left of in the ๆ–ฐๅฎŒๅ…จใƒžใ‚นใ‚ฟใƒผN3 Reading book and do some more work there. Definitely feels like Iโ€™m jumping around a lot lately, but hey, I guess reading is still reading :person_shrugging:

Read:

• aDoBJG - ใŒใ‚‹ + ใ”ใ‚ - two short ones
  • fast skimmed a few ๆฏŽๆ—ฅๆ–ฐ่ž and NHK articles on my phone while i was waiting for my lunch, some stuff about ใƒญใ‚ทใ‚ข and the earthquake in ๅƒ่‘‰็œŒ, one longer one about the popularity of japanese restaurants in Thailand. Looked up basically nothing, so probably missed out on a lot, but I havenโ€™t really tried reading any news stuff since last december (and that was just NHK easy) so I was pleasantly surprised at how much I was following :grin:
  • ๆ–ฐๅฎŒๅ…จใƒžใ‚นใ‚ฟใƒผ pg 40 โ†’ 42 - surprisingly needed to look nothing up? Everything made sense, or was in footnotes/context. Itโ€™s been about 2 months since the last time I picked this up, so I wonder if my vocab has increased enough to make the big picture comprehension and style part the challenge of these readings, not just โ€œdo you know the words?โ€ :laughing: Weโ€™ll see if that keeps up
  • ใฏใกใ‚…ใญใƒŸใ‚ฏใฎๆ—ฅๅธธ pg 48 โ†’ 55 - just one lil โ€œchapterโ€, a new friend from america has arrived

Another good word today: ๅœฐ็”ฃๅœฐๆถˆ๏ผˆใกใ•ใ‚“ใกใ—ใ‚‡ใ†๏ผ‰ใƒผ local production for local consumption

22 Likes

Home

๏ผŠ๏ผ•ๆœˆ๏ผ‘๏ผๆ—ฅ๏ผŠ

Mostly fic-writing today, so I didnโ€™t get much reading done. (Almost 2700 words! Itโ€™s been forever since I wrote that much in a single day, and probably just as long since I wrote that much for a single fic too. What is this. And itโ€™ll likely end up longer than my current longest fic, which is 3400 words. What is this.)

• ๆœˆๅˆŠๅฐ‘ๅฅณ้‡ŽๅดŽใใ‚“ issue 23-24
  • ใฟใšใ„ใ‚ใฎ็”บใพใง ch 1. I dunno why, but I just love when Japanese characters exclaim โ€œgoddamn!โ€ ใ‚ฌใƒƒใƒ‡ใƒ !
  • 6 pages of ๅ››็•ณๅŠ็ฅž่ฉฑๅคง็ณป, leaving off on pg 112. I think Iโ€™m not gonna worry and just take my time with this one. This one takes the most effort out of everything Iโ€™m reading, and I wonโ€™t be able to catch up, much less keep up, with the club speeding up. Anyway, the story might be kinda weird (and weirder still with this second chapter), but Iโ€™m still not seeing how itโ€™s a wild ride? Maybe Iโ€™m just not looking up enough unknownsโ€ฆ
  • 4 pages of ใ‚นใƒ†ใƒƒใƒ—ใƒ•ใ‚กใ‚ถใƒผใƒปใ‚นใƒ†ใƒƒใƒ—, leaving off on pg 12. I started ch 1, Stepfather Step, and read part 1. (It seems each chapter is divided into several numbered parts, which I like.) Itโ€™s funny so far. Anyway, I didnโ€™t take a good look at the cover until this morning when I finally got around to photoing my recent acquisitions; I realized the stepfather kinda looks like Fukuda Tatsuya from Aoashi. I kinda like him already just from that lmao
Some vocab of note:

ใƒ™ใƒญใƒใƒฅใƒผ [colloquialism, n., ใ™ใ‚‹ v.] french kiss; deep kiss. ใƒ™ใƒญ is a colloquialism for โ€œtongue.โ€
ใƒใƒฃใƒฉ็”ท (ใƒใƒฃใƒฉใŠ) [n.] shallow playboy
้ƒฝๅ†… (ใจใชใ„) [n., ใฎ-adj.] within the Tลkyล metropolitan area
ๅฏธๅˆ†้•ใ‚ใฌ (ใ™ใ‚“ใถใ‚“ใŸใŒใ‚ใฌ) [expression, prenominal] exactly the same; identical

22 Likes

I finished the reading for this weekโ€™s ใƒฌใƒ™ใƒซ๏ผ— and decided that ใƒ‘ใƒ‘ๆดปๅฅณๅญ, which I had been listening to only the audiobook for, I wanted the text of. I relistened with text and while Iโ€™m delighted I got ~95% of what was being said, I did miss some crucial sentences. In particular, I didnโ€™t know the word ่กฐ้€€ (decline, decay) which is pretty crucial to understanding what the author is trying to convey :sweat_smile: I also had to look up ๆธฏๅŒบๅฅณๅญ which this article helpfully defines as:

ใŠ้‡‘ๆŒใกใŒๅคšใๆปžๅœจใ—ใฆใ„ใ‚‹ๆฑไบฌ้ƒฝๆธฏๅŒบใซไฝใ‚€ๅฅณๆ€ง

Iโ€™m going to mentally map it to โ€˜uptown girlโ€™ because thatโ€™s really the closest Iโ€™ve got.

23 Likes

:tulip:May 10:tulip:
|||||Home Post|||||

:white_flower:ๆ—ฅๆœฌ่ชžๅŸบๆœฌๆ–‡ๆณ•่พžๅ…ธใƒปpg. 120-123
Read ใŒยฒ and took some notes comparing it to ใ ใŒใ€ใ ใ‘ใฉใ€ใงใ‚‚ใ€ใ—ใ‹ใ— and ใ‘ใ‚Œใฉใ‚‚.

:tv:25 Minutes of Intermediate Japanese Listening Comprehension with ใ‚‚ใ—ใ‚‚ใ—ใ‚†ใ†ใ™ใ‘
Read through more of the conversation

21 Likes

Summary post

Long time no update, whoops :grimacing:! The challenge has been going fine for me, though! I just have had a lot on my plate and updating this thread slipped lower and lower in my list of priorities :sweat_smile:. I may or may not have a very long post in progress for another thread that might be appearing soonโ€ฆ

I wonโ€™t post my chart, since weโ€™re already a good chunk into May, but I have a perfect score so far! Not a single missed day in either Spanish or Japanese.

Boy has it been a busy month for my translations, thoughโ€ฆ

In the remainder of April, I translated Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestlingโ€™s April 15 Korakuen Hall show, the April 18 press conference for the tag title match with Pom Harajuku & Max the Impaler, and the April 22 VOD show with said tag title match.

And then so far in May, I finished translating the contract signings on April 29, and the one-day 6-women tag team tournament TJPW did on that same day.

Hereโ€™s a photo from the April 15 Korakuen Hall show, featuring Pom Harajuku and Max The Impalerโ€™s first match as a tag team (theyโ€™re facing Mahiro Kiryu and Yuka Sakazaki). Max, who is a monster, doesnโ€™t quite understand that humans are more fragile, and they spent a good chunk of both of their recent matches throwing Pom around like a living weaponโ€ฆ :sweat_smile:. They do seem to genuinely care for her, though, and tried to console her by gently wiping away her tears after she lost the tag title match that the two of them had after this one.

I proceeded to get very swamped by all the Golden Week shows and fell a bit behind on things (I still havenโ€™t finished the translation for TJPWโ€™s May 1 Inspiration show, or the Korakuen Hall show on May 5โ€ฆ), and then the company threw me a huge curveball, which was a sudden press conference wherein Yuka Sakazaki announced that she will be leaving the company at the end of the yearโ€ฆ

Itโ€™s a huge bummer! I couldnโ€™t even handle the news at first because it made me too sad. But I really had to get on translating it as soon as possible, because out of context soundbites were already making the rounds on wrestling twitter, and I wanted to have the full press conference translation out there so that people at least had the full context for everything.

So I gave myself one night to grieve. Then I sort of dropped everything else I was working on and scrambled to get the translation draft done in just one day. It was over 2,000 characters, and the grammar was a bit stiffer than Iโ€™m used to, so it was harder than a typical translation, but I did manage to get through it. As soon as I posted my draft in the thread, I just broke down in tears. Itโ€™s the hardest thing Iโ€™ve translated so far. Not hard in terms of difficulty, but hard in terms of, like, emotions.

Iโ€™m glad that I finished it, though. It was an important one. It got more attention on twitter than any of my other translations have gotten, and has the most hits on my blog so far.

Even though Iโ€™m behind and couldnโ€™t really afford to lose more time, I had to take a day off of doing TJPW translations after that :pensive:.

So I ended up picking up Read Real Japanese Essays instead! Iโ€™d started the first essay in there, ็œŸ(ใพ)ใฃ็™ฝ(ใ—ใ‚)ใชๅ™“(ใ†ใ) by Haruki Murakami, and I just finished it last night! I was honestly blown away by how much easier it was to read than the first fiction story in Read Real Japanese Fiction, even though both books are arranged by difficulty level.

There was very little vocabulary or grammar that was new to me in Murakamiโ€™s essay, and I could almost just read it as is without needing the parallel text translation help. I think itโ€™s just written in a style that is much closer to the kind of stuff I read all the time for wrestling, so I had less trouble with it than I did with the fiction story, since I havenโ€™t exactly read much non-manga fiction in Japaneseโ€ฆ

I think Iโ€™m going to read the rest of Essays first and then pick up Fiction afterward, instead of alternating between the two like Iโ€™d originally planned. I think practicing with essays will benefit me more anyway, with the kind of stuff I spend most of my time reading. I do want to eventually get into reading novels and such in Japanese, but that will be a little bit further down the road, probably, so itโ€™s less urgent.

With Spanish, I donโ€™t have a long enough update to even hide it behind an arrow. Iโ€™ve been steadily reading Cantoras, and Iโ€™m about 80% of the way done according to my kindle. My goal is to finish the book right at the end of the month!

22 Likes

:cherry_blossom: :tulip: :blossom: April 9-10 :blossom: :tulip: :cherry_blossom:
Home Post

9th: Skipped

10th:
:broom: Flying Witch : 1 chapter of volume 2
:white_flower: Dictionary of grammar stuff : two entries
:books: The Practice by Seth Godin : a few pages (Iโ€™m at 50+ pages now, yay)

Decided to read the first chapter of volume 2 of Flying Witch yesterday, because I wanted it to be completely true that I had started reading that volume. Because when Iโ€™m reading a manga series and I know I plan to immediately start the next volume (immediately being within a week), I will put the next volume as currently reading as I move the previous volume into โ€œhave readโ€. But technically I will not have started the new volume when I do that. So fixing that for Flying Witch felt important enough.

I should really have read Loopers because tomorrow, and a few days forward I expect to skip reading because TEARS OF THE KINGDOM is coming out. Yes, Iโ€™m very hype. xD

So yeah, that was my report for yesterday (and the day before that).

21 Likes

9/5 3 pages ๅคœใ‚ซใƒ•ใ‚ง, 7 pages ใ‚ทใƒฃใƒ‰ใƒผใƒใ‚ฆใ‚น, aDoBJG ใŒ(2)

10/5 8 pages ใ‚ทใƒฃใƒ‰ใƒผใƒใ‚ฆใ‚น, 3 pages ๅคœใ‚ซใƒ•ใ‚ง (finished chapter 10), aDoBJG ใŒใ‚‹ and ใ”ใ‚

11/5 2 pages ใ‚ทใƒฃใƒ‰ใƒผใƒใ‚ฆใ‚น, aDoBJG ใ”ใจใซ and characteristics of grammar: politeness and formality (honorific terms)

I havenโ€™t posted for a few days, and the reading has been patchy, but Iโ€™m pretty much up to date with my book clubs. I was hoping to finish at least one of the last 2 stores of ใŠใฐใกใ‚ƒใ‚“ใŸใก this week, but doubt thatโ€™ll happen, as Iโ€™m too busy packing.

Iโ€™m also trying to catch up on week 3 of the dictionary. Iโ€™m going quite slow through the politeness section, as I always struggle with the various honorifics. If I can finish that section in the next week Iโ€™ll be happy.

Last full day at home tomorrow, then I start driving on Saturday. 3 days or so of visiting people then I fly to see a friend in the Solomon Islands for a few days.

21 Likes

Home Post

Days 38-40 Progress:
ๆŽจใ—ใซ็†ฑๆ„›็–‘ๆƒ‘ๅ‡บใŸใ‹ใ‚‰ไผš็คพไผ‘ใ‚“ใ  ไบŒๅทป - 50% โ†’ 70%

I kinda changed my mind about reading on my tabletโ€ฆ itโ€™s fairly comfortable not being able to Ctrl+C Ctrl+V to jpdb the moment I see a word I donโ€™t recognize does somewhat dampen my motivation to read for long stretches of time.

Word of the Day: ๆ–‡่„ˆ(ใถใ‚“ใฟใ‚ƒใ) - context; environment; circumstances. Paints a pretty vivid image with โ€˜writing veinโ€™: all the words form a single blood vessel where the meaning depends on the flow from one word to the next!

On a side note, when looking up the definition of this word I have to say Googleโ€™s is genuinely one of the worst I have ever seenโ€ฆ

Hilariously it only made sense to me once I figured out the contextโ€ฆ

(for reference, the first line of kotobankโ€™s definition was much more succinct than Google could ever hope forโ€ฆ)

20 Likes

11th may

home post

did another section of case five, iโ€™ve apparently got two sections left so tho i donโ€™t think iโ€™ll quite finish this week, i definitely will next week. shi-long keeps throwing quotes from his ancestor at me and i hate them all :joy:

words that stood out: ๆดป่ทฏ(ใ‹ใคใ‚) (means of escape, means of survival), ็™บ่ฆš(ใฏใฃใ‹ใ) (detection, discovery. in this case of a dead body cos in aa itโ€™s always a dead body), and ใŠใฃใ‹ใชใ„ (frightening, scary, extreme, exaggerated). also got in some good practice of ใชใ„ใ‹ใŽใ‚Š and the โ€˜calm, composedโ€™ meaning of ไฝ™่ฃ•(ใ‚ˆใ‚†ใ†).

22 Likes

:raccoon: :seedling: :cherry_blossom: The Reading Meadow :cherry_blossom: :seedling: :raccoon:

May 11th
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 37.69% // Volume V: 23.40% :sake:

Time to readdddd

Todayโ€™s Bonus Colours

ๆข…ๆŸ“ใ†ใ‚ใžใ‚ - Plum Tree Dye
(Not the colour of the plums or blossom, the colour name refers to the dye that is made from the tree sap. Specifically the Japanese/Chinese Plum (Prunus Mume). The colour of the dye is a beige with an orange tint. )

ๆž‡ๆท่Œถใณใ‚ใกใ‚ƒ - Loquat Brown

ไธๅญ่Œถใกใ‚‡ใ†ใ˜ใกใ‚ƒ - Clove Brown

Words found in a tree stump

ๅ‰›ๆฏ…ใ€Œใ”ใ†ใใ€ใƒผ Fortitude; inner strength; sturdiness
ไบ•ๆฅผใ€Œใ›ใ„ใ‚ใ†ใ€ใƒผ Wooden watchtower
ๅ—šๅ’ฝใ€ŒใŠใˆใคใ€ใƒผ Sobbing; weeping
่† ใ€Œใซใ‚ใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Gelatinous glue (usually made from animal/fish bones)
้คžๅˆฅใ€Œใ›ใ‚“ในใคใ€ใƒผ Farewell gift

Word Found Between the Cloves and Loquats
้‡‰่–ฌใ€Œใ†ใ‚ใใ™ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Ceramic glaze; glaze; enamel

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 1555

ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€
Name serving Nobunaga: ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅ €็”ฐ ้“็ฉบใ€ŒใปใฃใŸ ใฉใ†ใใ†ใ€- Chief retainer
ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father
ๆ˜ฅๆ—ฅไธนๅพŒใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใŒ ใŸใ‚“ใ”ใ€- Military commander

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda clan (Married to the daughter of Saito Dosan)
โ€“ ๅฏๆœˆใ€Œใ†ใฅใใ€- Nobunagaโ€™s faithful, old horse :horse:
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father and previous leader of the Oda clan
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€(Other name: ไฟกๆˆใ€Œใฎใถใชใ‚Šใ€) - Son (half-brother to Nobunaga (different mother))

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใ€) - First son
โ€“ ็›ฃ็‰ฉใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใคใ€- Second son
โ€“ ็”šๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Third son
โ€“ ้›จๅฎฎๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ใฟใ‚„ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€- Servant
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€/ nickname: ไฝๆธกใ€Œใ•ใฉใ†ใ€) (served under Nobunaga too)
โ€“ ็พŽไฝœๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใพใ•ใ‹ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€- Younger brother
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Retainers (Under Nobunaga rule):
ๆŸด็”ฐๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(Nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy
ๆต…้‡Žๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ใŒใ‚“ใพใ - Former worker/servant, friend of Hideyoshi

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle
โ€“ ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ้Š€ใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใญใ€- Son

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

Volume II: 1555 - 1562

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Head of the Oda clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟกๅบƒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใ‚ใ€- Older brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‚†ใใ€(also: ไฟกๅ‹ใ€Œใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€) - Younger brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ใŠๅธ‚ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใŠใ„ใกใ€- Younger sister

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi (Married to Nene)
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant

Military Commanders
ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€
โ€“ ใ“ใฒ - Wife
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Oldest Daughter (Married to Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ใŠใ‚„ๅฑ‹ใ€ŒใŠใ‚„ใ‚„ใ€- Youngest Daughter
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€(Common name: ๅ‹ไธ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใคใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››้‡ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ—ใ’ใ€(also know as: ๅคงๅญฆใ€Œใ ใ„ใŒใใ€)
ๅฑฑๅฃ ๅฎˆๅญใ€Œใ‚„ใพใใก ใ‚‚ใ‚ŠใŸใ‹ใ€(also known as: ๆตท่€ไธžใ€Œใˆใณใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€)
ๆŸ˜ๆค ๅ‹้ก•ใ€Œใคใ’ ใจใ‚‚ใ‚ใใ€(also known as: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆขถๅท ไธ€็ง€ใ€Œใ‹ใ˜ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใฒใงใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ไฟก่พฐใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใฎใถใจใใ€
ไฝใ€… ๆ”ฟๆฌกใ€Œใ•ใฃใ• ใพใ•ใคใใ€
ๅฒฉๅฎค ้‡ไผ‘ใ€Œใ„ใ‚ใ‚€ใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใ‚„ใ™ใ€
็ฐ—็”ฐ ๆ”ฟ็ถฑใ€Œใ‚„ใชใ  ใพใ•ใคใชใ€(also known as: ๅผฅไบŒๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚„ใ˜ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆฏ›ๅˆฉ ่‰ฏๅ‹ใ€Œใ‚‚ใ†ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใคใ€
ไธญๅท ้‡ๆ”ฟใ€Œใชใ‹ใŒใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใพใ•ใ€

Retainers
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€(nickname: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆฃฎ ๅฏๆˆใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใชใ‚Šใ€(Other name: ไธ‰ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ•ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
โ€“ ่˜ญไธธใ€Œใ‚‰ใ‚“ใพใ‚‹ใ€- Son
ๆปๅท ไธ€็›Šใ€ŒใŸใใŒใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ™ใ€(Common name: ๅฝฆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใฒใ“ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)

Others
ๅฑฑๆทต ๅณ่ฟ‘ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ†ใ“ใ‚“ใ€- Magistrate
โ€“ ๅฑฑๆทต ็พฉ้ ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ‚ˆใ—ใจใŠใ€- Father (Chief Vassal)
้“ๅฎถ ๆธ…ๅ้ƒŽใ€Œใฉใ†ใ‘ ใ›ใ„ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Wealthy farmer and lord

ๆˆธ้ƒจ ๆ–ฐๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใจใน ใ—ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Castle commander
ๆฐด้‡Ž ๅธฏๅˆ€ใ€Œใฟใšใฎ ใŸใฆใ‚ใใ€- Castle Guard
ๆœ้ƒจ ไธ€ๅฟ ใ€Œใฏใฃใจใ‚Š ใ‹ใšใŸใ ใ€(also called: ๅฐๅนณๅคชใ€Œใ“ใธใ„ใŸใ€) - Samurai

Maeda Clan
Military Commanders
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(childhood name: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€)
โ€“ ไฝ่„‡ ่‰ฏไน‹ใ€Œใ•ใ‚ใ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚†ใ‘ใ€(also known as: ่—คๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€Œใจใ†ใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ€) - Younger brother

Saito Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ–Ž่—ค ็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€)
โ€“ ๅญซๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใพใ”ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๅ–œๅนณๆฌกใ€Œใใธใ„ใ˜ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Father

Akechi Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€)
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Also the adoptive father of Jyubei
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ็ง€ๆบ€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฒใงใฟใคใ€- Son, and retainer to Jyubei

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท ็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo
โ€“ ไปŠๅท ๆฐ็œŸใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ†ใ˜ใ–ใญใ€- Son, and heir to the Imagawa clan
โ€“ ๅคชๅŽŸ ้›ชๆ–Žใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ’ใ‚“ ใ›ใฃใ•ใ„ใ€- Uncle, military advisor and monk

Military Commanders
ไผŠไธน ๅบท็›ดใ€Œใ„ใŸใฟ ใ‚„ใ™ใชใŠใ€(also known as: ๆจฉ้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใฟใ€)
ๅบตๅŽŸ ๅฟ ็ธใ€Œใ„ใฏใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€(also known as: ๅฐ†็›ฃใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ๅˆฉๆพ„ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใจใ—ใšใฟใ€(also known as: ๆŽƒ้ƒจไป‹ใ€Œใ‹ใถใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
้–ขๅฃ ๆฐ็ตŒใ€Œใ›ใใใก ใ†ใ˜ใคใญใ€
ๅฏŒๆฐธ ๆฐ็นใ€ŒใจใฟใชใŒ ใ†ใ˜ใ—ใ’ใ€(also known as: ไผฏ่€†ๅฎˆใ€Œใปใ†ใใฎใ‹ใฟใ€)

Others
ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€(Childhood name: ็ซนๅƒไปฃใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใกใ‚ˆใ€// Other name: ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€) - Retainer
โ€“ ็ฏ‰ๅฑฑใ€Œใคใใ‚„ใพใ€- Wife
โ€“ ๆฆŠๅŽŸ ๅฟ ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใพใ•ใ€- Vassal
โ€“ ็Ÿณๅท ๆ•ฐๆญฃใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€- Loyal follower
ๆœๆฏ”ๅฅˆ ไธป่จˆใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฒใช ใ‹ใšใˆใ€- Samurai
ไบ•ไผŠ ็›ด็››ใ€Œใ„ใ„ ใชใŠใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€- Retainer

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟก็Ž„ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ—ใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ€- Daimyo

Asakura Clan
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€- Daimyo

Sakai Clan
Military Commanders
้…’ไบ• ๆญฃ่ฆชใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใพใ•ใกใ‹ใ€(also known as: ไธŽๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Matsudaira Clan
Military Commanders
ๆพๅนณ ่ฆชไฟŠใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใกใ‹ใจใ—ใ€(also known as: ๅทฆ้ฆฌๅŠฉใ€Œใ•ใพใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆ‰ๆตฆ ๅ‰่ฒžใ€Œใ™ใŽใ†ใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใ ใ€(also known as: ๅ…ซ้ƒŽไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Miyoshi Clan
ไธ‰ๅฅฝ ้•ทๆ…ถใ€Œใฟใ‚ˆใ— ใชใŒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Head of the Miyoshi clan

Retainers
ๆพๆฐธ ๅผพๆญฃ ไน…็ง€ใ€ŒใพใคใชใŒ ใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ† ใฒใ•ใฒใงใ€

Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
่ถณๅˆฉ ็พฉ่ผใ€Œใ‚ใ—ใ‹ใŒ ใ‚ˆใ—ใฆใ‚‹ใ€- 13th Shogun of the Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
็ดฐๅท ๆ™ดๅ…ƒใ€Œใปใใ‹ใ‚ ใฏใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใจใ€- 34th Kanrei of the Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate

Non-affiliated
้ตœๆฎฟ ็”šไธƒใ€Œใ†ใฉ (ใฎ) ใ˜ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€- Mountain priest (Yamabushi)

Volume III: 1562 - 1570

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda Clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father (previous leader of the Oda Clan)

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€(Nickname: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€) - Hideyoshi
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Wife
( โ€“ โ€“ ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father)
( โ€“ โ€“ ใŠใ‚„ๅฑ‹ใ€ŒใŠใ‚„ใ‚„ใ€- Younger sister)
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant
โ€“ ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister

Military Commanders
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ไฟก็››ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใฎใถใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใ ใ•ใ ใ€
ๆปๅท ไธ€็›Šใ€ŒใŸใใŒใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ™ใ€
่…ๅฑ‹ ้•ท้ ผใ€Œใ™ใŒใ‚„ ใชใŒใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€
็น”็”ฐ ๅบƒ่‰ฏใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฒใ‚ใ‚ˆใ—ใ€(cousin to Nobunaga)
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(also called: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€)
ๅทๅฃ ๅฎ—ๅ‹ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใใก ใ‚€ใญใ‹ใคใ€(Common name: ไน…ๅŠฉใ€Œใใ‚…ใ†ใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆ—ฅๆฏ”้‡Ž ๅ…ญๅคงๅคซใ€Œใฒใณใฎ ใ‚ใใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€
ๆขถ็”ฐ ็›ด็นใ€Œใ‹ใ˜ใŸ ใชใŠใ—ใ’ใ€(also called: ้šผไบบใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใจใ€)
ๆพๅŽŸ ๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€
ๅ €ๅฐพ ๅ‰ๆ™ดใ€Œใปใ‚ŠใŠ ใ‚ˆใ—ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also called: ่Œ‚ๅŠฉใ€Œใ‚‚ใ™ใ‘ใ€)
โ€“ ๅ €ๅฐพ ๆณฐๆ™ดใ€Œใปใ‚ŠใŠ ใ‚„ใ™ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also called: ๅ‰ไน…ใ€Œใ‚ˆใ—ใฒใ•ใ€) - Father
ๆฃฎ ๅฏๆˆใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใชใ‚Šใ€(also called: ไธ‰ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ•ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(also known as: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ ๅฐšๆธ…ใ€Œใ„ใ„ใฎใŠ ใฒใ•ใใ‚ˆใ€
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€
่’ฒ็”Ÿ ๆฐ้ƒทใ€ŒใŒใ‚‚ใ† ใ†ใ˜ใ•ใจใ€
่’ๆœจ ๆ‘้‡ใ€Œใ‚ใ‚‰ใ ใ‚€ใ‚‰ใ—ใ’ใ€

Matsudaira Clan โ†’ name change to โ†’ Tokugawa Clan
ๆพๅนณ ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€(name change: ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€) - Leader of the Matsudaira Clan
โ€“ ็ซนๅƒไปฃใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใกใ‚ˆใ€- Eldest son

Military Commanders
็Ÿณๅท ๆ•ฐๆญฃใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€
้…’ไบ• ๅฟ ๆฌกใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใŸใ ใคใใ€

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ ๆญฃๅ‹ใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€(also called: ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใ“ใ‚ใใ€// new name because itโ€™s a new year so why not, letโ€™s have a new name: ๅฝฆๅณ่ก›้–€ ๆญฃๅ‹ใ€Œใฒใ“ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ ใพใ•ใ‹ใค) - Leader of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€- Wife
โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Eldest son
โ€“ ๅˆๅ้ƒŽใ€ŒใพใŸใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Cousin

ๆธก่พบ ๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้•ทไบ• ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Retainer

Ujiie Clan
ๆฐๅฎถ ็›ดๅ…ƒใ€Œใ†ใ˜ใ„ใˆ ใชใŠใ‚‚ใจใ€- Military Commander

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ็พฉ็ตฑใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใšใฟ ๏ผ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Military Commander

Kanbe Clan
ๅฑฑ่ทฏ ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ‚„ใพใ˜ ใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Military Commander

Date Clan
ไผŠ้” ๆ”ฟๅฎ—ใ€Œใ ใฆ / ใ„ใ ใฆ ใพใ•ใ‚€ใญใ€(also know as: ็‹ฌ็œผ้พใ€Œใ ใใŒใ‚“ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€(one-eyed dragon) - Leader of the Date clan

Miyoshi Clan
ๅๆฒณ ๅญ˜ไฟใ€Œใใ”ใ† ใพใ•ใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Military Commander

Mino Province
ๅคงๆฒข ๆฌก้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใ•ใ‚ ใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ่™Žใ€Œใจใ‚‰ใ€) - Lord of Unuma Castle
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้พ่ˆˆใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใŸใคใŠใใ€- Daimyo

Military Commanders
ไธ็ ด ๅ…‰ๆฒปใ€Œใตใ‚ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€(also called: ๅนณๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใธใ„ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ๅฎ‰่—ค ๅฎšๆฒปใ€Œใ‚ใ‚“ใฉใ† ใ•ใ ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also called: ็ฏ„ไฟŠใ€Œใฎใ‚Šใจใ—ใ€)
็ซนไธญ ้‡ๆฒปใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใชใ‹ ใ—ใ’ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also called: ๅŠๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใฏใ‚“ในใˆใ€)
โ€“ ็ซนไธญ ๅ–„ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใชใ‹ ใœใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Subordinate

Aki Province
็ฆๅณถ ๅธ‚ๆพใ€Œใตใใ—ใพ ใ„ใกใพใคใ€- Son of Hideyoshiโ€™s aunt

็ดฐๅท ่—คๅญใ€Œใปใใ‹ใ‚ ใตใ˜ใŸใ‹ใ€(also known as: ๅนฝๆ–Žใ€Œใ‚†ใ†ใ•ใ„ใ€) - Military Commander
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€- Military Commander

Unaffiliated
ๆต็“Šใ€Œใˆใ‘ใ„ใ€- Travelling monk
ๅฐพๅทž ้ขจๅฎขใ€Œใณใ—ใ‚…ใ† ใตใ†ใใ‚ƒใใ€- Mountain Hermit
ๅƒๅˆฉไผ‘ใ€Œใ›ใ‚“ใฎใ‚Šใใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Ultimate tea master
ๆ›ฝๅ‘‚ๅˆฉ ๆ–ฐๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใ†ใ‚Š ใ—ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(also know as: ๆ‰ๆœฌใ€Œใ™ใŽใ‚‚ใจใ€) ใƒผ Scabbard maker

Volume IV: 1570 - 1574

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€(Nickname: ้ญ”็Ž‹ใ€ŒใพใŠใ†ใ€๏ผ‰- Leader of the Oda Clan
โ€“ ใŠๅธ‚ใ€ŒใŠใ„ใกใ€- Younger sister

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€(Nickname: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€) - Hideyoshi

Military Commanders
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€(also known as: ๅ‹ไธ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใคใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€)
่œ‚ๅฑ‹ ้ ผ้š†ใ€Œใฏใกใ‚„ ใ‚ˆใ‚ŠใŸใ‹ใ€(also known as: ๅ…ตๅบซใ€Œใฒใ‚‡ใ†ใ”ใ€)
ไฝไน…้–“ ไฟก็››ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใฎใถใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€
ๅ‚ไบ• ๆ”ฟๅฐšใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใพใ•ใฒใ•ใ€(also known as: ๅณ่ฟ‘ใ€Œใ†ใ“ใ‚“ใ€)
็ซนไธญ ้‡็Ÿฉ ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใชใ‹ ใ—ใ’ใฎใ‚Šใ€(also known as: ไน…ไฝœใ€Œใใ‚…ใ†ใ•ใใ€) - Younger brother to ้‡ๆฒป
็ซนไธญ ้‡ๆฒปใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใชใ‹ ใ—ใ’ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also known as: ๅŠๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใฏใ‚“ในใ„ใ€) - Older brother to ้‡็Ÿฉ
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ ๆญฃๅ‹ใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€(also known as: ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใ“ใ‚ใใ€& ๅฝฆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใฒใ“ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ €ๅฐพ ๅ‰ๆ™ดใ€Œใปใ‚Šใ„ใŠ ใ‚ˆใ—ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also known as: ่Œ‚ๅŠฉใ€Œใ‚‚ใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€
ๆฐๅฎถ ็›ดๅ…ƒใ€Œใ†ใ˜ใ„ใˆ ใชใŠใ‚‚ใจใ€(also known as: ใƒˆๅ…จใ€Œใผใใœใ‚“ใ€)
ๅฎ‰่—ค ๅฎˆๅฐฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚“ใฉใ† ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใชใ‚Šใ€
ๆญฆไบ• ๅค•ๅบตใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ„ ใ›ใใ‚ใ‚“ใ€
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(also known as: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€)

Children (of the Lords/Samurai etc.)
ๅŠ ่—ค ๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€
็ฆๅณถ ๆญฃๅ‰‡ใ€Œใตใใ—ใพ ใพใ•ใฎใ‚Šใ€
ๆฃฎ ๆˆๅˆฉใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใชใ‚Šใจใ—ใ€(also known as: ่˜ญไธธใ€Œใ‚‰ใ‚“ใพใ‚‹ใ€)

Tokugawa Clan
ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Leader of the Tokugawa clan

Military Commanders
ๆฆŠๅŽŸ ๅบทๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใใฐใ‚‰ ใ‚„ใ™ใพใ•ใ€
ๅคงไน…ไฟ ๅฟ ไธ–ใ€ŒใŠใŠใใผ ใŸใ ใ‚ˆใ€
ๆœฌๅคš ๅฟ ๅ‹ใ€Œใปใ‚“ใ  ใŸใ ใ‹ใคใ€(also known as: ๅนณๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€Œใธใ„ใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ€)
็Ÿณๅท ๆ•ฐๆญฃใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€
้ณฅๅฑ… ๅฟ ๅบƒใ€Œใจใ‚Šใ„ ใŸใ ใฒใ‚ใ€
้ซ˜ๆœจ ๅบƒๆญฃใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใŽ ใฒใ‚ใพใ•ใ€

Attendants
้‡Žไธญ ้‡ๆ”ฟใ€Œใฎใชใ‹ ใ—ใ’ใพใ•ใ€

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟก็Ž„ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ—ใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ€- Leader of the Takeda clan

Military Commanders
็ฉดๅฑฑ ไฟกๅ›ใ€Œใ‚ใชใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใŸใ ใ€(also known as: ๆข…้›ชใ€Œใฐใ„ใ•ใคใ€)
ไป็ง‘ ็››ไฟกใ€Œใซใ—ใช ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใฎใถใ€ (5th son of Takeda Shingen)
ๅฑฑ็œŒ ๆ˜Œๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚„ใพใŒใŸ ใพใ•ใ‹ใ’ใ€
ๅ†…่—ค ๆ˜Œ่ฑŠใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใพใ•ใจใ‚ˆใ€
ๅฐๅนก ไฟกๅฎšใ€ŒใŠใฐใŸ ใฎใถใ•ใ ใ€
ๅฐๅฑฑ็”ฐ ่™Žๆบ€ใ€ŒใŠใ‚„ใพใ  ใจใ‚‰ใฟใคใ€
้ฆฌๅ ด ไฟกๆ˜ฅใ€Œใฐใฐ ใฎใถใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also known as: ไฟกๆˆฟใ€Œใฎใถใตใ•ใ€)

Azai Clan
ๆต…ไบ• ้•ทๆ”ฟใ€Œใ‚ใ–ใ„ ใชใŒใพใ•ใ€- Leader of the Azai clan
โ€“ ใŠๅธ‚ใฎๆ–นใ€ŒใŠใ„ใกใฎใ‹ใŸใ€- Wife (Nobunagaโ€™s younger sister)
โ€“ ่Œถใ€…ใ€Œใกใ‚ƒใกใ‚ƒใ€- 1st daughter
โ€“ ใŠๅˆใ€ŒใŠใฏใคใ€- 2nd daughter
โ€“ ไธ‡ๅฏฟไธธใ€Œใพใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚…ใพใ‚‹ใ€- 1st son (heir to the Azai clan)

Military Commanders
ๅคง้‡Žๆœจ ็ง€ไฟŠใ€ŒใŠใŠใฎใŽ ใฒใงใจใ—ใ€
ๆจ‹ๅฃ ็›ดๆˆฟใ€Œใฒใใก ใชใŠใตใ•ใ€
็ฃฏ้‡Ž ๅ“กๆ˜Œใ€Œใ„ใใฎ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€(also known as: ไธนๆณขใ€ŒใŸใ‚“ใฐใ€)
้ ่—ค ็›ด็ตŒใ€Œใˆใ‚“ใฉใ† ใชใŠใคใญใ€(also known as: ๅ–œๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
่—คๆŽ› ๆฐธๅ‹ใ€Œใตใ˜ใ‹ใ‘ ใชใŒใ‹ใคใ€(also known as: ไธ‰ๆฒณๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใ‹ใ‚ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€)

Rokkaku Clan
ๅ…ญ่ง’ ็พฉ่ณขใ€Œใ‚ใฃใ‹ใ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใŸใ€(also known as: ๆ‰ฟ็ฆŽใ€Œใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใฆใ„ใ€) - Leader of the Rokkaku clan

Asakura Clan
ๆœๅ€‰ ๆ™ฏๅฅใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‹ใ’ใŸใ‘ใ€- Military Commander

Sassa Clan
ไฝใ€… ๆˆๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใฃใ• ใชใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€- Military Commander

่ถณๅˆฉ ็พฉๆ˜ญใ€Œใ‚ใ—ใ‹ใŒ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚ใใ€ใƒผ 15th Shogun of the Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate

Military Commanders
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€
็ดฐๅท ่—คๅญใ€Œใปใใ‹ใ‚ ใตใ˜ใŸใ‹ใ€
ๅ’Œ็”ฐ ๆƒŸๆ”ฟใ€Œใ‚ใ  ใ“ใ‚Œใพใ•ใ€

Volume V: 1574 - 15??
(Currently 1575)

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€(Nickname: ้ญ”็Ž‹ใ€ŒใพใŠใ†ใ€๏ผ‰- Leader of the Oda Clan

Military Commanders
่„‡ๅ‚ ๅฎ‰ๆฒปใ€Œใ‚ใใ–ใ‹ ใ‚„ใ™ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also known as: ็”šๅ†…ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใชใ„ใ€)

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€(Nickname: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€) - Toyotomi Hideyoshi / Kinoshita Tลkichirล
โ€“ โ€“ ๆœจไธ‹ ๅ‰ๅฎšใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใ ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ ็พฝๆŸด ็ง€ๅ‹ใ€Œใฏใ—ใฐ ใฒใงใ‹ใคใ€(also: ๆ–ผๆฌกไธธใ€ŒใŠใคใŽใพใ‚‹ใ€) - Adopted son (4th son of Nobunaga)
โ€“ ็พฝๆŸด ็ง€้•ทใ€Œใฏใ—ใฐ ใฒใงใชใŒใ€(also: ๅฐไธ€้ƒŽใ€Œใ“ใกใ‚ใ†ใ€) - Younger brother

Hideyoshiโ€™s Followers
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€(also known as: ๅฝฆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใฒใ“ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
โ€“ ๅฐๅ…ญ ๅฎถๆ”ฟใ€Œใ“ใ‚ใ ใ„ใˆใพใ•ใ€- Son
็”Ÿ้ง’ ็”šๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใ“ใพ ใ˜ใ‚“ใ™ใ‘ใ€
ๅŠ ่—ค ไฝœๅ†…ใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใ•ใใชใ„ใ€
ๅข—็”ฐ ้•ท็››ใ€Œใพใ—ใŸ ใชใŒใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€(also known as: ไปๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใซใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅคง่ฐท ๅ‰็ถ™ใ€ŒใŠใŠใŸใซ ใ‚ˆใ—ใคใใ€(also known as: ๅนณ้ฆฌใ€Œใธใ„ใพใ€)
ไธ€ๆŸณ ็›ดๆœซใ€Œใฒใจใคใ‚„ใชใŽ ใชใŠใ™ใˆใ€(also known as: ๅธ‚ๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใกใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆœจไธ‹ ๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€
ๅฐ่ฅฟ ่กŒ้•ทใ€Œใ“ใซใ— ใ‚†ใใชใŒใ€(also known as: ๅผฅไน้ƒŽใ€Œใ‚„ใใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ๅฑฑๅ†… ไธ€่ฑŠใ€Œใ‚„ใพใ†ใก ใ‹ใคใจใ‚ˆ ๏ผ ใ‹ใšใจใ‚ˆใ€(also known as: ็Œชๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
็ฆๅณถ ๆญฃๅ‰‡ใ€Œใตใใ—ใพ ใพใ•ใฎใ‚Šใ€(also known as: ๅธ‚ๆพใ€Œใ„ใกใพใคใ€)
ๅŠ ่—ค ๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚„ใพใ•ใ€(also known as: ่™Žไน‹ๅŠฉใ€Œใจใ‚‰ใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ไป™็Ÿณ ็ง€ไน…ใ€Œใ›ใ‚“ใ”ใ ใฒใงใฒใ•ใ€(also known as: ๆจฉๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ในใˆใ€)
็Ÿณ็”ฐ ไธ‰ๆˆใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ  ใฟใคใชใ‚Šใ€
ๅนณ้‡Ž ้•ทๆณฐใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฎ ใชใŒใ‚„ใ™ใ€(also known as: ๆจฉๅนณใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใบใ„ใ€)
ๅŠ ่—ค ๅ˜‰ๆ˜Žใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚ใใ‚‰ใ€
็ณŸๅฑ‹ ๆญฆๅ‰‡ใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใ‚„ ใŸใ‘ใฎใ‚Šใ€

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท ๆฐ็œŸใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ†ใ˜ใ–ใญใ€- Head of the Imagawa clan

Tokugawa Clan
ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Head of the Tokugawa clan
โ€“ ๆพๅนณ ไฟกๅบทใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎใถใ‚„ใ™ใ€(also: ไธ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€) - 1st Son

Military Commanders
่ฟ‘่—ค ๅนณๅ…ญใ€Œใ“ใ‚“ใฉใ† ใฒใ„ใ‚ใใ€
็Ÿณๅท ้‡ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใพใ•ใ€(also known as: ๅˆๅ››้ƒŽใ€ŒใพใŸใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Samurai
ๅคง่ณ€ ๅผฅๅ››้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใŠใŒ ใ‚„ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€
ๅฑฑ็”ฐ ๅ…ซ่”ตใ€Œใ‚„ใพใ  ใฏใกใžใ†ใ€
ๅคงๅฒก ๅฟ ็›ธใ€ŒใŠใŠใŠใ‹ ใŸใ ใ™ใ‘ใ€(also known as: ๅฟ ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใกใ‚…ใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)

Ashigaru
้ณฅๅฑ… ๅผทๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใจใ‚Šใ„ ใ™ใญใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€๏ผ‰

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ๅ‹้ ผใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‹ใคใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€- Head of the Takeda clan

Military Commanders
่ทก้ƒจ ๅ‹่ณ‡ใ€Œใ‚ใจใน ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€(also known as: ๅคง็‚Šใ€ŒใŠใŠใ„ใ€)
ๅฑฑ็œŒ ๆ˜Œๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚„ใพใŒใŸ ใพใ•ใ‹ใ’ใ€
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟกๅป‰ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใฉใ€
็ฉดๅฑฑ ไฟกๅ›ใ€Œใ‚ใชใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใŸใ ใ€
้ฆฌๅ ด ไฟกๆ˜ฅใ€Œใฐใฐ ใฎใถใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also known as: ็พŽๆฟƒๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใฎใฎใ‹ใฟใ€)
็œŸ็”ฐ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ•ใชใ  ใฎใถใคใชใ€
ๅŽŸ ๆ˜Œ่ƒคใ€Œใฏใ‚‰ ใพใ•ใŸใญใ€(also known as: ้šผไบบไฝใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใจใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๅœŸๅฑ‹ ๆ˜Œๆฌกใ€Œใคใกใ‚„ ใพใ•ใคใใ€
ๅฐๅนก ไฟก็œŸใ€ŒใŠใฐใŸ ใฎใถใ–ใญใ€(also known as: ไธŠ็ทไป‹ใ€Œใ‹ใšใ•ใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
้•ทๅ‚ ่™Žๆˆฟใ€ŒใชใŒใ•ใ‹ ใจใ‚‰ใตใ•ใ€(also known as: ้•ท้–‘ใ€Œใกใ‚‡ใ†ใ‹ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅฐ็ฌ ๅŽŸ ไฟกๅถบใ€ŒใŠใŒใ•ใ‚ใ‚‰ ใฎใถใฟใญใ€(also known as: ๆŽƒ้ƒจใ€Œใ‹ใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
็”˜ๅˆฉ ไฟกๅบทใ€Œใ‚ใพใ‚Š ใฎใถใ‚„ใ™ใ€
ๅฐๅฑฑ็”ฐ ไฟก่Œ‚ใ€ŒใŠใ‚„ใพใ  ใฎใถใ—ใ’ใ€

22 Likes

May 11, Thu of Week 7 of Spring Q2 2023 :cherry_blossom:

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ

Not much today. One section of this, at least.

Words of the day
  • ๆ—ฉ(ใฏใ‚„)ใจใกใ‚Š = jumping to wrong conclusions. ใจใกใ‚‹ is about acting and speech in a show.
  • ๅŠ›่ชฌ(ใ‚Šใใ›ใค) = putting on a emphasis
  • ็ฉบๅ’ณ(ใ‹ใ‚‰ใ›ใ) = dry cough, intentional throat clearing to draw attention
  • ้ž(ใฒ)ใฎๆ‰“(ใ†)ใกๆ‰€(ใจใ“ใ‚)ใŒ็„ก(ใช)ใ„ = impeccable
  • ็‰ฉ่…ฐ(ใ‚‚ใฎใ”ใ—)ใฎๆŸ”(ใ‚„ใ‚)ใ‚‰ใ‹ใ„ = gentle-mannered. ็‰ฉ่…ฐ(ใ‚‚ใฎใ”ใ—) is about manner and words.
  • ๆ™ด(ใฏ)ใ‚Œใ‚„ใ‹ใช็ฌ‘้ก”(ใˆใŒใŠ) = a beaming smile
  • ่ฆ‹ๆง˜่ฆ‹็œŸไผผ(ใฟใ‚ˆใ†ใฟใพใญ) = learning by imitating others
  • ็•™ๆ„(ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ„) = taking heed; paying attention
  • ๅฅฎ้—˜(ใตใ‚“ใจใ†) = strenuous effort. Not always about fighting or ๆ ผ้—˜(ใ‹ใใจใ†), but can be.
  • ๆฐ—(ใ)ใ‚’ๅผต(ใฏ)ใ‚‹ = to brace oneself; to steel oneself
  • ็™ฝ็พฝ(ใ—ใ‚‰ใฏ)ใฎ็Ÿข(ใ‚„)ใŒ็ซ‹(ใŸ)ใฆใ‚‹ = to select someone out of many
  • ็‚บ(ใŸใ‚)ใซใชใ‚‹ = to be beneficial; to be useful
  • ๆฎŠๅ‹(ใ—ใ‚…ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†) = admirable
  • ่ตค(ใ‚ใ‹)ใ‚‰้ก”(ใŒใŠ) = red face
21 Likes

:cherry_blossom: Day 41, 5 ๆœˆ 11 ๆ—ฅ :herb:

:open_book: Back to my Home Post

:jigsaw: Graded Reader: ใ™ใฟใพใ›ใ‚“
Extremely little content, though I guess it was good to see how the phrase was also used as a sort of โ€œthank youโ€.

:princess: Tileworld Chronicles - Markus Ascent Chapter 2, p. 8 - 10
I have never seen father written as ็ˆถ่ฆช(ใกใกใŠใ‚„) before, youโ€™re telling me there are even more terms to describe family???

Anyway, using the word for โ€œpaleโ€ that consists of the Kanji ้’ and ็™ฝ while having the person it refers to be surrounded by blue and white colors does not teach you the vocab for pale. I truly had assumed that it just refered to his white hair and blue headband somehow. I only noticed when I spied the link name in the address bar.

23 Likes