📚📚 Read every day challenge - Spring 2022 🌸 🌱

As usually happens for me, I stopped posting updates at some point. :upside_down_face: I wonder why it’s so hard to get back to posting after a break? I’m only posting today because the deadline is looming. :sweat_smile:

25.4.-31.05
I did actually manage to read some French everday, even if it sometimes wasn’t more than a page or so. On May 5 and 14 I read my ‘no energy graded reader’, and on the 15th I believe I counted duolingo stories as my ‘read’ for the day. :upside_down_face: On the 19th I counted my re-read along with the audiobook as my reading for the day. Other than that, I read some of La quête d’ewilan every single day. I am now at 80% read. While I didn’t manage to finish the book, I am more than satisfied with the progress I made. Reading got much easier over these 2 months, and I recognize more than a few words while reading just from looking them up so much.

Today I have re-read a chapter along with the audiobook, but I’ll read a bit more new content now, too. (So my total will probably be closer to 81/82%, but that’s okay.) Having come this far, I’m confident I’ll be able to finish the book in June! Le petit Nicolas took me 3 whole months, and it was maybe half the length of this book. (To be fair, I am able to use kindle look ups for La quête d’ewilan, while I read Le petit Nicolas on paper. Still:) Progress!

I’m super thankful to this challenge. For all that I didn’t post updates this last months, the thought of this thread and my challenge pushed me to read ‘something’ on days I might have let just slide. And my inactivity here after falling off the posting wagon is a fine example of what letting it slide once twice does to my habits. :upside_down_face:

My progress since last time

La quête d’ewilan: d’un monde à l’autre :headphones: (108→252/334m) :open_book: (32→80%)
A1 5 Minuten-Lektüren Où est le thym (3→50/20 stories)

Over the course of these two months, I read: 100 pages of Le petit Nicolas. 80% =~251 pages of La quête d’ewilan. 37 pages of very short A1 Graded Stories. I also listened to 4hr 12min of the audiobook for La quête d’ewilan while re-reading the corresponding parts (75% of the book).

:pray:
Now I just need to get started speaking.:dizzy_face:

28 Likes