Now, I realized that spoiler prevention is as easy as, searching in Japanese vocabulary + " JoJo". Not a completely perfect avoidance of spoilers, though, but at least hundred times safer than Wiki.
I wonder what kind of device people here use to read on Bookwalker (or Kindle)? Smartphone? Tablet?
- Smartphones (5-inch or lower)
- 7-inch tablets
- 10-inch or larger tablets
- Something else electronic
Personally, I also read on working shifts, but I might not be holding a tablet. As for now, I would read JoJo on a Smartphone, and regularly switching to dictionary apps (Akebi, Kotobank) and web browser. Tablet feels more productive and more like learning, though.
Kotobank is better, but I still use Akebi to send to Anki. Also, Akebi, like most other JE dictionaries, can parse conjugations.
Death Note might be possible, but won’t work well (for me) with novels like Yoru Cafe (mainly because - too long a section); and perhaps not yet Yuru Camp.
May 18, Wed calendar post
Week 8 of Spring 2022’s progress
This week, I have energy to post like several days straight, lol.
I also look a little more into Netflix, and reach a conclusion of, I am not ready to listen on Netflix. Though, I might make reading club’s watching along, an exception. 遺憾 isn’t it? Somehow, JoJo likes to use 遺憾.
But now I have an additional reading goals, but not yet the grammar (i.e. maybe later).
3 freestyle articles / blog posts, to be read seriously (one of them is already selected JoJo’s)
- Probably will be 5 per week, starting next week.
- 真蜱 tick - the second Kanji seems specific to tick / mite - see also 姫蜱 (this one is from 呪術廻戦 EP.1)
- パープリン - バカ・アホ・気違い - 漫画東大一直線に出てくる用語で、「(頭が)パーなのでまるで脳がプリン」を意味する。 - par (on the level of Tokyo Uni), but pudding (プリン) brain
- 館 mansion, much bigger than 屋敷
- 断末魔 death agony (painful death), can also be written 断末摩 (last Kanji is for rubbing)
- 事務的 of business (like business talk)
- お辞儀 bowing for politeness. Typing お in front makes JE dictionary smarter.
Same reading (and pitch) for 児戯 (child's play) and perhaps a few other words
- 神秘 mysterious (seems like doings of god)
- ひと月 also written 一月 and means 一ヶ月
- 試練 trial, ordeal - I guess it works for trial of courage too.
- 好みはうるさい difficult to please. An alternate meaning of うるさい.
More spoiler’ish, but I want to show it anyway
- 昇柱器 (しょうちゅうき, ツヨロン) - https://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q1139239036 - pole climbing equipment, I think
First third of JoJo part 2's training
Now JoJo and Caesar fell into HellClimb Pillar (yes, there is only ・ between Climb and Pillar)
And, also young JoJo’s personal history… at おまけ!
Persons and places
- ジャン・ギャビン JoJo’s fav actor - Jean Gabin seems to be a famous and influential French actor from 1940s on.
- Fictional names
- ジョセフ・ジョースター Josef Joestar (I can’t correctly spell this in English before.)
- Fictional places
- エア・サピレーナ島 Air Supplena Island - supposedly can be reached from Venice, Italy. / ref = Air Supply. I think I have heard their songs before.
- 地獄昇柱 Furigana’d HellClimb Pillar , but I assume it can also be read 地獄昇柱
- 感心 admiration
- 矯正 correction
- 支障 restriction, hindrance - Lisa want to correct JoJo’s breath with restrictions
- 投獄 imprisonment (who do you think this JoJo really is?)