📚📚 Read every day challenge - Spring 2022 🌸 🌱

May 11

Oops, it’s been a minute.

I’ve been a little stressed this week working on the medical exam portion of the MEXT application. It’s all going to be fine in the end. I planned for unexpected circumstances, so I should still have plenty of time to submit the application.

But enough about that, the fun thing to talk about is I visited Kinokuniya today! I asked my friend to take me to the Japanese market in the suburbs as a belated birthday gift. We went shopping for groceries and stopped by the bookstore. I had a list, but didn’t have time to write furigana for author’s names. Despite that, I managed to snag some of the books I was looking for!

Here’s my haul (clockwise from left):

• What turned out to be a recipe book for people with diabetes (which is not me, oops!). It was the first book I grabbed when I walked in. I like food, I want to learn more food vocab, and how to follow recipes in Japanese, so hey, still good practice.
  • A Dictionary of Japanese Particles published by Kodansha (because why not have more reference books)
  • せつない動物図鑑 (Sad Animal Facts illustrated book) (perfect timing with the recent Tofugu article on ehon)
  • 魔女の宅急便 (Kiki’s Delivery Service) (will be checking out the previous repeat book club, よろしく)
  • ハイキュ−!!ショ−セツバン!! (Haikyuu!! short stories) (novelization)

I started reading the zukan. I liked that the ワニ and カニ pages were right next to each other :laughing:

28 Likes