📚📚 Read every day challenge - Spring 2022 🌸 🌱

May 4, Wed :cherry_blossom: calendar post

Week 6 of Spring 2022’s progress

SPYxFAMILY plots and characters are crazy - I like it. I just quickly read 2 chapters (to see the mom), and 70 pages per chapter? That’s crazy.

Thanks. I might join in.

There is this , (and you can click your own to tick, not necessary to press edit :pen:); but yeah, it is less standing out than :white_check_mark:.

I never used SRS too; but reflecting on it, a large part is learning vocabulary roots; and more than that, a lot of rhymes. Though I tackled a lot of reading native English materials long before that. (In particular, a lot of encyclopedia articles and Wikipedia.) I also was an exchange student (pre-adolescence) in New Zealand as well.

I can easily say that I don’t believe in immersion alone; although of course, it is a big part.

Another part is grammar, there was being taught, as well as I owe a lot to my particular meticulosity.

Regarding the vocabularies, in the end, both quantity and quality are important. I can’t omit either. In my eyes, Anki, in particular, can help with quantity (and I also write my notes) and pinpointing what about to be forgotten, but that’s not the only way.

25 Likes