📚📚 Read every day challenge - Spring 2022 🌸 🌱

May 1, Sun :cherry_blossom: home post

Week 6 of Spring 2022’s planning (1st week of May 2022)

• Committed, and paced - for the sake of discussion
    • Night Cafe :shrimp: Ch.5
    • Death Note :notebook: Vol.3 Ch.11
    • Happiness :drop_of_blood: Ch.5 (It’s somewhat re-reading, but who cares)
      • Also, I am already committed to the whole series, even if the discussion after the first vol dies down. But what are the pace and methods of reading, that I still learns well?
  • Committed, with マイペース(my=pace)
    • Yuru Camp :tent: vol.1 - first half = 3-4 chapters
      • Reason: it’s a kind of manga that I research around a lot on real places and real activities (camping / food). I will also read real non-fictional Japanese, if I have to.
      • Of course, I have already bought and read a little.
    • JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, Part 2 - A few more chapters
    • (1/5) Wanted :skull_and_crossbones: - Eiichiro Oda - will try to finish the whole book.
  • Listening (Yeah, I can’t find :sound::sound: Listening everyday challenge…) and my focus is not Extensive Listening :ear: yet; more of learning to graze.
    • 3 grammar listening
    • 1+ casual listenings

I might start Japanese writing later once I get more comfortable with listening; and has some nice inner voice.

April 2022’s recap

I think that the most important factor is to set learning goals here, is that it is not too short, nor long. Too short (imo, daily), is hard to keep consistent in the first place, and can be tiring / burdensome; or too long (imo, monthly; but it is too easy to speak ill of something in retrospect), and it will be inconvenient to push forward to reach the goals.

Still, I might eventually slow down to monthly, if I want to focus a little less on Japanese language.

About the vocabularies, I feel like there are too many vocabularies to learn in depth. I could as well give all enough attention; but not too seriously…

Other than resources I previously found useful (Goo progressive JE; Wiktionary; Jisho/ichi.moe’s parsing; Prosody Suzuki; Japanese Wikipedia; ググる), I found that Kotobank may have the definitions or explanations I need (more than Goo JJ or Weblio sometimes).

May 2022’s planning

I plan to get into two areas that were too hard to reach before.

• Listening - while I can listening to anything, and not making so much sense; it might be better to listen to something I can’t afford to miss - grammar. And of course, grammar can be apply elsewhere as well.
  • Writing - I can indeed write, and open a dictionary a lot; but that would be unnatural, and perhaps unfun. I want to do it better, and not feeling uneasy enough, to make writing a regular activity.

As always, I am finding better ways to learn from reading (language-wise; also, Kanji-wise); and listening.

I think it is only the second month of the challenge, that I can still say so much.

26 Likes