๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Fall/Autumn 2021 ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿฆ

Summary post

Day 52: October 26
What did I read?: ใƒใ‚คโ˜†ใ‚นใƒ”ใƒผใƒ‰!
How much did I read?: 3 pages
How long did it take me?: 1 hr 18 min

No, I did not forget to update the page/time count, it was actually dead same xD Weeeird.

Time to gush about Rin because I love him

I know very little about swimming technique/form but honestly, I would listen to Rin talk/think about it forever. I love it. The dedication of this kid <3 The way his thought process is written, the way he tries to analyze his form and his swimming and find those possible weak points, just oozes passion and dedication to me. I can just imagine him thinking like this as he gets older too, studying up on all the swim theory books so he can perfect his swimming technique, and I just <3 Iโ€™m living for swim nerd Rin.

Heโ€™s alone at the pool this time, and heโ€™s not practicing his butterfly for the relay :o No, what heโ€™s doing is swimming freestyle and trying to beat Haruโ€™s time from the last time they matched up at a tournament xD It bugs him so much, that he canโ€™t seem to catch up to Haru - whenever he gets faster, Haru gets faster too. And heโ€™s trying so hard to figure out why. And you can just see, that heโ€™s going to practice and practice until he can finally beat Haru in the 100m free. That obsessiveness, which (sort of anime spoiler) turns a bit toxic and destructive later onโ€ฆI feel like you can see it taking root here.

Also I stopped before getting too much into this next scene because I knew I wasnโ€™t going to be able to finish it right at this moment but Gou is here this is not a drillllll
Gou = Rinโ€™s little sister and she is heeeeerrrrreee, what new Matsuoka sibling moments await ahhhh

Good words
  • ๅผพใ (ใฏใ˜ใ) - to flip; to snap; to flickโ€‹ (as in, the thing Rin does with his goggle strap)
  • ้ก”ใ‚’ๅˆใ‚ใ›ใ‚‹ (ใ‹ใŠใ‚’ใ‚ใ‚ใ›ใ‚‹) - to be matched; to face against; to meet; to face someone
  • ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ‹ - far from; anything but; not at all
  • ็„ฆ็‡ฅๆ„Ÿ (ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใใ†ใ‹ใ‚“) - irritability; feeling of impatience; sense of uneasiness
  • ๆถˆ่€— (ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ‚‚ใ†) - exhaustion; consumption; using up; dissipation; waste
  • ใ‚ใ ใ‹ใพใ‚‹ - to lurk; to hover in the backgroundโ€‹
  • ๅฟƒ็ฝฎใใชใ (ใ“ใ“ใ‚ใŠใใชใ) - freely; frankly; without reserve
  • ็ฎ‡ๆ‰€ (ใ‹ใ—ใ‚‡) - place; point; part; spot; area; passage; portion
  • ใ—ใชใ‚Š - bending; warping; flexibility; pliabilityโ€‹
  • ๆ‰‹ใซๅ…ฅใ‚Œใ‚‹ (ใฆใซใ„ใ‚Œใ‚‹) - to obtain; to procure
  • ใ“ใฟไธŠใ’ใ‚‹ (ใ“ใฟใ‚ใ’ใ‚‹) - to well up (of tears, anger, joy, etc.); to surge up (within oneself); to rise; to fill oneโ€™s heart; to overcome one
12 Likes