📚📚 Read every day challenge - Fall/Autumn 2021 🍁🍂🦝

Summary post

Day 38: October 8
What did I read?: ハイ☆スピード!
How much did I read?: 2.5 pages
How long did it take me?: 1 hour 10 min

A tiny read today, but a good one <3 I guess it doesn’t look that tiny time-wise, but that’s because I spent some time learning about swimming from Youtube during that time also xD

Literally these pages were just Makoto swimming backstroke, but :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: He’s so happy, you guys :sob: He’s not swimming like he’s trying to run away. The scary monster in the water’s suddenly not so scary anymore. He can see the sky :dove: And he can swim the way he was always meant to swim, feeling the water without fear <3 I’m so happy for him, this sweet baby angel

I also learned about S字プル today (which I awkwardly misread as S字プール at first :joy:). As this fine gentleman on Youtube demonstrates, it’s basically moving your arm in more of an S shape as you move through the stroke, instead of just keeping your arm straight (which is ストレートプル). It’s faster :swimming_man::dash: I feel like I actually knew this at one point but forgot…I did swim quite a bit as a kid, but I pretty much stopped some time in middle school

Good words
  • お負けに (おまけに) - to make matters worse; besides; what’s more; in addition; on top of that​
  • 束の間 (つかのま) - moment; brief space of time
  • 魔物 (まもの) - demon; devil; evil spirit; monster; goblin; apparition
  • 竦む (すくむ) - to cower; to shrink in on oneself​ (can also mean to freeze (from fear, etc.); to be unable to move (e.g. from surprise); to be paralyzed (with horror, etc.))
  • 海獣 (かいじゅう) - marine mammal
  • 充実感 (じゅうじつかん) - sense of fulfillment; sense of completeness; sense of accomplishment; sense of contentment
  • 満たす (みたす) - to satisfy (conditions, one’s appetite, etc.); to meet (e.g. demands); to fulfill; to gratify
  • 高揚 (こうよう) - elevation (of spirits); raising (of morale); uplift; upsurge

Me: immediately worried I used the word wrong
I think we’re ok wipes sweat from brow

Woohoo! Welcome, glad to have you join us :partying_face:

16 Likes