📚📚 Read every day challenge - Fall/Autumn 2021 🍁🍂🦝

Summary post

Day 4: September 4
What did I read?: ハイ☆スピード!
How much did I read?: 4 pages
How long did it take me?: 1 hour 58 min

I read a lot longer than I thought I was going to today…my brain has been kind of unplugged the whole day, so I thought I would get through a page, maybe, at the most, but once I got started it wasn’t really that hard to keep going.

Chapter 2 starting off with a description of the town, which I loveeeee <3 Their town is so pretty, I love where they live. (I’m in love with the shrine-in-the-middle-of-a-residential-area aesthetic and this is, like, the epitome of that, plus ocean views - I mean, come on) It’s based on a real town, Iwami, which I would like to go to someday (but it’s hella out of the way, so I feel like I need to work on my nonexistent speaking skills first :sweat_smile: But they have little maps for the anime locations and everything definitely did not just get sidetracked for a ridiculous amount of time looking at the maps while I was writing this post whoops). Also in these first few pages we have the introduction of a character who to my knowledge is not in the anime :thinking: Iiiiinteresting.

I just need to talk about this Haru moment for a quick sec

There’s this moment when Haru comes upon this new character, Aki, on his way to the swim club (Aki is in his class and goes to the swim club also, so he sort of knows her) and he’s like…she looks kinda upset, should I just go by without saying anything, should I call out to her, what do I do…and his first instinct is basically to look around like “where is Makoto, maybe he’ll know” :pleading_face: That just…so relate. So love. My socially-challenged child <3

Favorite words/phrases from today:
拍手を打つ (かしわでをうつ) - to clap one’s hands in prayer (at a shrine)
当てにする (あてにする) - to count on; to expect; to put confidence in; to trust in; to depend on
見え隠れ (みえかくれ) - appearing and disappearing; slipping in and out of view

It is such a cute novel, I’m enjoying it a lot so far :blush:

17 Likes