Re Zero Volume 1 week 3

:woman_shrugging:

Well, I am older than the average forum user, so I guess I just have different habits.
It feels much more satisfying to watch something if you have to go get a dvd rather than just click on a button too, but that’s probably just me.

2 Likes

I don’t even have a DVD player (unless you count the PS3) and rental shops have gone out of business long ago in my city :man_shrugging: so…

Just be a little bit patient. Everything will be clear soon enough :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

? I wasn’t aware something wasn’t clear yet.

2 Likes

Meanwhile, Tsutaya (the main rental company in my area) has made record profits last year. :thinking: on the other hand, VoD isn’t super convenient (yet, I guess). I’m glad Japan is behind the technological curve :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s available on Amazon prime or for rental for individual episodes. Idk how much your dvd shops charge for renting. I’ve legit not seen one in years.

1 Like

Episode 1 is free on Amazon, so that definitely beats the rental place. Anything after that is about 2.5 times as expensive as going to the shop :thinking: In fact, the monthly fee of amazon prime is just the price of 2 episodes (or just a bit less than 6 episodes if I go to the shop), which makes me wonder who would just rent individual episodes. That’s about exactly what I have been spending monthly over the past year, but then I wouldn’t have any limit :thinking: That sounds dangerous nice.

4 Likes

Netflix basically put rental stores out of business in the U.S.

2 Likes
Getting really off track

I pretty much expect the same thing to eventually happen in Japan, but we’ve been spared so far. That being said, rental chains are aware of that and are starting their own VoD services (e.g. Tsutaya tv). Speaking of Tsutaya, they have also a monthly subscription that lets you rent as many dvd as you want (except for recent ones). Both services are a bit too expensive for me though, especially considering Amazon prime seems much cheaper :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Next week is up Re zero Volume 1 week 4

1 Like