Race to Your Goal! December 2020 JLPT

That’s it, I’m finished university. I have no more excuses. :sweat_smile:

P.S what is the leader-board people mention, other than the one at the top of this post?

1 Like

It’s a userscript. You can input users’ names and it will display a leaderboard with their levels on your dashboard (it will also notify you when they level up): Wanikani Leaderboard

3 Likes

Congratulations!

This is great! Thanks for the link.

2 Likes

This is quite cool, thanks for the link.

1 Like

Good luck everyone! Looking forward to hitting lv 60 with you in a year or two :slight_smile: 頑張って!!

3 Likes

Just added a notice about the ranking order above the list as a reminder to help things run a little smoother in the future hopefully :grin: If anyone has objections I’m fine with having it removed, but I just didn’t think it was sufficiently obvious to people skimming through.

1 Like

This sounds fun. Not sure whether I’ll be able to get there given how many review relapses I have whenever a holiday or something comes around and I miss a few days reviews. Trying to get myself out of a 700 item review stack now actually (my second one in the past two levels thanks to Golden week here in Japan) and it’s proving tough. The reviews stack up so quickly and take so long to get back under control.

Good luck everyone! I hope we all manage to meet our goals!

3 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t realise actually until I read your notice :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Perfect, thank you!

Welcome! Let’s do our best with all our might together!

Welcome and good luck! One by one, and you’ll eventually get them done!

3 Likes

(@DarkMelody42)
how did you level up 3 levels in 5 days, but also spend 10 days on your last level? :thinking: if I am overtaken by anyone on this leaderboard, it’ll be you, I suspect! 追い越してこい!:wink:

1 Like

She probably copied her “joined at:” level from the other thread :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

yeah thought so, too

1 Like

@Kare-uso thanks for crunching those numbers for me :slight_smile: 11 days per level seems doable indeed. Let’s see if those painful-death-hell levels are as scary as their name implies.

1 Like

@FennelFox Update: Lvl. 10, Speed: 14 days

I’m gonna give myself some leeway and say a goal of level 55 by the early December JLPT, hopefully I sign up in time and don’t miss it like last year…

For speed I’m not sure if you mean an average of your current level and the level before, wouldn’t that number be pretty skewed if you had just started a level?
2 levels ago: 8 days 2 hours
Last level: 9 days 23 hours
Current level: 8 days 11 hours, estimated completion ~9 days 13 hours

I got a 42% on the N2 two years ago mostly because of kanji, so as long as I didn’t forget a bunch of stuff… maybe I’ll crush it this time haha

3 Likes

9 days and 12 hours later, Level up!
Not half bad :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I did the math: in order to get to Level 60 by the first of December 2020 i have 12 days for each level. In the Olypians group it would have been 9 but that seems a little bit to ambisous given that i want to practice reading and grammar as well. However 12 days feels alright. And a little bit of accountability will hopefully help to keep my motivation up…
Good Luck everybody!!

5 Likes

I moved your entry into the ranking order :wink: Welcome!

2 Likes

No, don’t average anything. Just list how long you spent on the previous level, so your speed would be 9 days 23 hours! The leaderboard is ranked by level, so I’ll move you to the top. Welcome!

yes sorry was I not suppose to do that? I can go through and change. @Saida I’m not gonna lie level six is kicking my butt. I think I will be stuck here for a while.i had to slow down on my lessons to not get overwhelmed lol.

2 Likes