Race to Your Goal! December 2020 JLPT

Level 53 - 4 days and 21 hours. I may try to do this level a bit faster!

3 Likes

Level 31 for me! Seems like someone moved me up the chart, because I was expecting to find myself at level 21, but I was at level 24.

Now I have 2 months left to reach level 40. Seems unlikely that I’ll make it. I’d have to go pretty much full speed.

5 Likes

Long time no see everyone :sweat_smile:

After dropping of the grid back in June because of work getting too busy I’ve tried a few times to get my reviews back under control, unsuccessfully :cry:
Work and life haven’t really let up these past few months but since I signed up for JLPT N3 I really need to get back on track with my kanji study. And so, I’ve made the decision to reset back to level 30 to clear out a good bulk of those apprentice reviews and make it easier to return to a normal WaniKani study routine quickly.
I don’t think I’ll be making it to my goal of 60 by December but I’m gonna get as close as I can without burning out :grin:
頑張ります!!

9 Likes

Welcome back! I started on these leaderboards at level 33 and it honestly feels wack that I’m already lvl 55. It goes by pretty quickly when you don’t expect it. Consistency is key though. Keep crushing it and you’ll get there before you know it!

6 Likes

Woah! thanks for this leaderboard. Is anyone allowed to join? Or is it open to everyone?

3 Likes

It’s open to everyone, but the deadline is in less than 2 months already. Maybe you’d like to join the latest leaderboard thread over on Olympians XXXII (2021 - not the original 2020 thread).

3 Likes

Leveled up to 33 in 7 days. I should probably change my username to Shinkansen express. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :joy: :joy: :joy:

I was pretty lazy the last few days hardly learnt any japanese outside of Wanikani, Bunpro and my daily writing by hand training. But I will do my next japanese test soon so I will need to spent lots of time on japanese every day for a whole week then.

5 Likes

Reached Level 54 in exactly 4 days. Getting near the end!

4 Likes

Can almost taste that cake!

No lie though, I am super ready for level 60, as I’m sure you are too. I’m not exactly sure how much time I spend a day doing WK, and I’m not sure I want to find out :joy:, but I’m excited to spend that time doing other things like reading, grammar study, and just immersing in more native content overall. and also not having to crush 150+ reviews every morning, yeeclaw

3 Likes

Yes, looking forward to it. I need to work on my grammar and other stuff, plus catch up on reading.

4 Likes

Finally back on track. Should make 52 before the test!
Also anyone else even close to as inconsistent as I have been? lolllllllll

wkstats

5 Likes

Me on my first run through, yes! I don’t have any screenshots, but I made it to about 52 with a lot of ups and down on my graph.

Edit: And apparently there was a time where level 19 was a fast level?!

3 Likes

I finally made it to level 49. Just took me about 48 days, which is by far the slowest level I have ever done.

Still, I managed to do some reviews every day, but I often didn’t get them down to zero. Honestly, the only thing that kept me from falling off the wagon completely was my streak of now 376 consecutive days of doing at least some reviews every day.

On the plus side, even though Wanikani has been going quite slow recently, there is a reason for it - quarantine got lifted a bit so my girlfriend was able to visit me for the first time after five months of separation. I literally got the 48 level up while waiting at the airport to pick her up. And she is still staying with me :v:.

Another good thing is, that my guru items went down from 1200 to 500 or so, which has made the amount of daily reviews noticeably smaller. I feel now ready and motivated to finally reach the 50s and be done with the Wanikani grind.

5 Likes

Leveled up to 44 today, been a month or so since the last one. I have 131 lessons waiting for me already, I think I’ll do a few now. Spreading the kanji this level was working better than last time, despite the drop in pace.

4 Likes

Reach 32 in 12 days and 23 hours.

For my recent achievement of studying kanji for a whole year, I’ve treated myself with a Kindle Oasis 3 that I’ll solely use Japanese for Manga and Light Novels. The 32GB model was pretty affordable during Prime Day and it will save myself a lot of shipping and tax to Europe, so it’ll break even pretty quickly.
I’ll be getting とらドラ!、 Hi Score Girl、からかい上手の高木さん (and especially all of it’s spin off Manga like からかい上手の(元)高木さん, あしたは土曜日, 恋に恋するユカリちゃん) first, because I’ve already watched these as Anime in Japanese and I want more of these.
The Kindle should probably and hopefully arrive by 土曜日。

6 Likes

I was thinking about getting a kindle but I wasn’t sure between the paperwhite and the oasis, especially since some are ad supported. What made you choose the Oasis specifically if I may ask?

2 Likes

The larger screen, I tried a sample manga on the old PW1 of my gf, but the text was a bit too tiny for me.

3 Likes

That’s good to know, thanks!

1 Like

I reached level 34 today it slightly gets harder every level but it’s still manageable. Finally learnt over 1111 kanji.

Now that I started my japanese test I will be pretty busy the next two weeks. I hope your all doing fine only 51 days to the deadline.

4 Likes

I applied to do the JLPT in Vienna, but it got cancelled due to COVID measures. Was anybody else still signed up to take it? Will it still be held at your location as it stands now?

2 Likes