Race to the Cake šŸ°

I wasnā€™t sure, but that makes sense. Sadly, Iā€™m not old enough to eat :cake: yet.

How is it in Japan, though. Iā€™ve heard that itā€™s not difficult for teenagers to be served alcohol there. (Not that I believe you are (or arenā€™t) a teenager).

2 Likes

i am old enough for the american law :smiley: at least as a foreigner its very easy. they never and really never ask you. you just have to push a button at the cashier that confirm that you are over 20. so you have to be 20. if its that easy for teenager i really dont knowā€¦ but to be honest i have the feeling that japanese are drinking just one beer and are game over (and thats not just a feeling) XD on the other side, they also have alc called ā€œstrong zeroā€ with 9%. quite good stuff :smiley:
its always quite funny, because in Germany you can already drink alc with 18, and with 16 alc with 3% or less. so every semester when new japanese students are coming to my home university in Germany, we have to take care of the young japanese under 20 lol they often exaggerate as they can drink it legal.:joy:

1 Like

Certainly some Japanese are intolerant of alcohol due to genetic factors. Others, like my wife, could easily drink a bottle of wine and be ready for more.

with 16 you can drink every kind of beer, or did that change recently? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

They have alcohol vending machines donā€™t they? It seems it must be fairly easy. Lol

I think they need to show their ID or some sort of card? One of my JP friends mentioned that once, but I donā€™t remember exactly how it was like. Nevertheless, the impression I got is that theyā€™re not really that common.

1 Like

I thought you could just walk up and buy it. Idk Iā€™ve never been there, maybe Iā€™ll research it.

1 Like

the cake is a lie

No that I know. Every kind of beer and wine as well.

Okay guys, how exactly is the proper way to join one of these groups?

Yep you have to put your 免čرčؼ into the machine. So at the vending machines itā€™s impossible to get alc if you donā€™t have a friend over 20 xD

@MikaelBaka just edit the first post of this thread and write your name, speed and level in a group :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting. When I lived in Japan many years ago, there was no such thing. Every liquor store had a vending machine or two that you could use after the shop closed. You just inserted your 200円 and enjoyed your beer or One Cup Sake.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a little green edit widget next to the top post under the explanation. You click that and then click Edit Wiki. Then add yourself where you fit.

1 Like

Thatā€™s really interesting. Maybe they changed it. Or I just never see the vending machines without the ID thing :smiley:

The only type of machine I have seen that require a permit are the one selling cigarettesā€¦
For alcohol, I donā€™t think thereā€™s such limitationā€¦ (Or they changed it recently and I never noticed).

When I was in Japan last year, it didnā€™t seem like they took IDs at the vending machines for beer :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Maybe depends where you are. Who knows :sake:

1 Like

When I was in Japan, I was a little under 21 (but probably looked even younger), and I bought a cup of sake at the konbini. Nobody asked me for an IDā€¦ Guess because Iā€˜m a foreigner and the lady in the shop spoke no English whatsoever.

1 Like

My dear native speaker!

Is there a good synonym for ā€œfordā€ ęø‰ ?
I never heard this word before and even in my mother tongue I almost never using this word.
So for me itā€™s quit hard to remember. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Crossing (of a river)

3 Likes