Pros & Cons of "Vacation Mode"?

Well no it isn’t ironic. The website provides a service that requires me to learn it, it doesn’t do anything to automagically fill in to make shure I have a higher percent of correct answers. If I want to be right I have to know it and not use an app to cheat or create a shortcut. Little bit different

Also the book comment you said is just kind of dumb but ya

Based on your prior logic, it actually does “automagically fill in” what you can’t know in your head.

WK is a service in which carefully selected words are used to reinforce the Kanji, Kanji readings will depend on the words that they chose, and you then have to follow and respect WK’s intervals (i.e. the times when an item is re-reviewed) instead of reviewing them whenever you want. All of these running in an “evil device” to trick your brain that you’re learning something through repetition. You just have to spit out what the evil machine have fed you in the correct time instead of learning things using your head (i.e. designing your own method for learning Kanji) and naturally encountering them when reading anything in Japanese.

So yeah, using WK and demonizing computers at the same time is kinda dumb but ya.

Are you really this worked up about me jokingly saying I don’t want to use third party apps? Sorry it’s such a big deal to you. Seems kinda dumb but ya

1 Like

I’m just so surprised to the point that I found it entertaining to find a Luddite in this day and age. A Luddite claiming one thing (computers r EVIL) and then changing their stance to another (dun’t wanna use 3rd party apps) is kinda dumb but ya.

This thread is starting to have some weird vibes and since there’s been enough input on the original post, I’ll be closing this now.

5 Likes