Post the weirdest vocab sentences you've seen on Wanikani

Just had this one for 打つ:

ママは狂って、人参で僕のおしりを何度もひどく打った。
My mom went crazy and pounded my butt with a carrot.

What are yours?

母は、父が悪趣味な人形を集めることを禁止しました。
My mom forbade my dad from collecting tasteless dolls.

This family has some issues, I guess. Koichi must have had it rough as a child…but look how well he turned out…guess I’ll be ok.

寿司屋に行く途中、寿司に醤油をかけたら殺すぞ、という脅しを受けた。

It’s for 脅し, I burned this vocab over a year ago at this point and I still remember that sentence.

Or he just has an interesting sense of humour :sweat_smile:

What’s the english translation of that sentence?

“On the way to the sushi bar I got a threat that said I’ll be murdered if I put soy sauce on my sushi.”

Hahaha amazing

Nothing to this extent of course, but there’s a sushi restaurant near me, where the chef is very particular about the sushi he serves, and the way people eats the sushi. He specifies when to use soy sauce or not - and will yell at you if you put soy sauce when he says not to.

Never been (out of my budget), so it’s just based on stories that I’ve heard.

For the vocab: 幻

恍惚状態の中でサーモンの幻を何度も見た後に、フグはようやく彼女が12年前に死んだことを思い出し、自分が幻を見ていたことに気づいた。

After a series of ecstasy filled visions of Salmon, Fugu finally remembered she had been dead for 12 years, and he realized he was seeing an illusion.

I believe the appropriate response to him is, ふざけんじゃねーぞ、黙らなかったら、殺すぞ I should create example sentences.

This isn’t from this site, but you’ve made me remember 以前因为他很胖,所以大家都叫他小胖子。“Because he used to be fat, everyone called him ‘Little Fatty.’”

コンドームも全く安全だって訳はない。俺の友達はゴムを着けてたけど、軽トラにはねられたしな。

Condoms aren’t completely safe. My friend was wearing one and got hit by a pickup truck.

It took me just a little too long to realize that wasnt Japanese :upside_down_face:

彼女は豊満な胸をもっており、いつも美しい谷間を覗かせている。
She has full breasts and always has lovely cleavage.

:roll_eyes:

Vocab: 豊満