Percentages

I hate when that happens.

I have found this helpful for me.

I print off both items in a large font in Word. When I stare at them side by side, the difference becomes clearer for me. Then I tend to confuse them less often.

I will also make up my own mnemonics.

For example, force and hot used to kill me. After I printed them off, I saw the difference. Now I never miss them because hot has flames under it making it hot.

3 Likes

You’ve already done 30 levels of WaniKani, and I think it’s something to be proud of. I have just started and I am already suffering with this, and I know that it does not matter what my percentage is if I end up giving up later. My challenge is to keep moving forward, not my record. Maybe you can see it that way too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Basically everyone else is like this! The community affectionately nicknames these items that don’t stick “leeches.”

You can use Item Inspector to identify them if you want to see a list of them (for self-study or whatever)

4 Likes

Where did that screenshot come from?

Wanikani review accuracy by SRS stage . I don’t remember the author :thinking:

2 Likes

I feel ya. LoL.

But at this level, I’m good with 70% on anything Master and above.

My obligatory screenshot. :smiley:

Here’s my takeaway: I’ve failed over 14,000 times. But I’m still here. :wink:

Also, I’m a lot more permissive with using the ability to mark an item as correct after reviewing. Before, if it was “explode” and I put “explosion”, I’d take the hit. But after I started reading, I’ve realized that those distinctions will be available in context.

3 Likes

14,000? That’s some chump change. :laughing:

Excited to see what my prize is for when I hit that millionth review.

6 Likes

1 Like

I feel like my number of total reviews is very low considering, haha.

4 Likes

I know we talked about accuracy possibly dropping as you get to burn stuff, and as level difficulty picks up.

I’m still much the same as before though. We’ve got pretty similar stats, with minor differences in what we get right I guess. :slight_smile:

I’ve also not done as many reviews as you yet, so I look to you for a bit fortune telling about how things might look for me in about 10 levels or so. :wink:

…and yeah, I still go pretty fast. ^>^

3 Likes

Interesting how it falls off at Master/Enlightened

3 Likes

Like 75-80% lol

Actually better than i thought on wk stats :o

2 Likes

I think the problem I’m having is Kanji that have very few vocab. For example, 逮 only has two and one of them is a する verb, so I’ve got 逮 on my leech list since I’ve burned the vocab and I forget when it comes up.

Not to mention the fact that it seems like the more Kanji I learn, the more I confuse them with earlier Kanji, lol.

You’re looking good so far though.

Haha, yeah, you’ll probably overtake me at some point. I’m comfortable with my 10-11 days per level pace. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah. I also find it harder to deal with the kanji, on their own and with more stuff to confuse them with now than before. I’m probably relying a bit too much on context as it stand for meaning and reading (which works fine when reading, but not when WK reviewing) - darn! But, I’m trying to work a bit harder on my leeches now. I don’t wanna drag them around to the very end. ;>_>

1 Like

@OmarHadhoud That doesn’t seem like bad accuracy… don’t worry about percentages so much!

2 Likes

Thanks for lifting me up! :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t think it’s that relevant since the more mistakes you make, the better you’ll learn something (it’s negative reinforcement). The only downside is that it takes longer.

3 Likes

accuracy
That’s my accuracy, although as you can see I have reset from around level 10 to 1 when I came back from a long absence at the end of last year.

1 Like

Percentage

Some really have an impressive accuracy! I might never be able to hit the 90%+ numbers, but I would be glad if my future accuracy will increase!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.