Partners into Pain Level 11 in April 2019

OOO you are at almost 700 burns. The differences between our guru and master is about the same. I don’t feel so bad now… just worried those leeches I got to master by brute force are gonna wind up at apprentice again.

1 Like

Your numbers look amazing. What is your secret? I keep getting some caught in the cycle of hitting master and then getting it wrong.

1 Like

I feel you. Mine keep going up and down with guru and master, but it’s good to remember that some are moving on to enlightened (and eventually burned). I have some stuck in a cycle and some is just the natural progression.

1 Like

I’m almost there. I’m nearing the end of Level 10. Can’t wait for the pain!

2 Likes

Do you know how to turn on the subtitles on the video? To be honest, I could not understand what Abe president was saying.

Haha don’t worry, the mnemonics may come to your rescue when you least expect it. If you’re worried about accidentally pushing some words back to apprentice, I recommend using the Self-Study Quiz script! You can use it to review leeches anytime before/after the ‘real’ review, for when the regular SRS isn’t enough to cement it in memory. It’s helped me remember more terms much better. Hope it helps! :smiley:

2 Likes

I have that same issue too actually, I found that only doing the review that WK gives wasn’t enough for me to remember, so I’m using the Self-Study Quiz! I like it since I can practice words as many times as I want regardless of what is queued in the reviews. That, and going over the mnemonics and radicals again to tell them apart has saved me a few times as well. Good luck! :smiley:

2 Likes

On YouTube, there is a closed caption buttons if close captions are available.
Also the speech is on the highest honorific level possible, because ABE is speaking to the Emperor. So it was more a matter of seeing kanji and hearing corresponding sounds than it was about actually understanding what he was saying.

I’m having a major health scare atm and there’s so much waiting. I’ve struggled with WK recently due to it but I’m proud that I keep coming back to do reviews and trying to keep to the habit :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I hope things turn out well. Due you have the speed WK app on your phone? I use it while waiting… If you want to be a purist you can use it just for burned items, but I use it to drill Apprentice in the hope that they will stick better.

1 Like

Finally!

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ll check out that app if I can :blush:

For level 11 that I started yesterday afternoon (May 7th)

1 Like

Level 31… I’m scared

1 Like

Actually, I am in pain at this very moment. :crabigator:

2 Likes

i got into it 3 hours ago and right now i feel the same pain as always so no changes ATM. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Welcome! I just reached level 14 and I’m drowning in lessons and reviews…

1 Like

Oops, not this time! I still had 45 “first half” level 13 vocab to go when I finished the level and unlocked another 50… It was an eight day level, but with just a bit more than a quarter of the vocab even seen, does that count? 18 now awaiting their first review! 56 level 13 lessons to go (but I have already unlocked the radicals).

SEMPAI! You have entered HELL… but have passed the halfway mark of levels, guide us…

1 Like

When I was ill, we had a saying; “Hurry up and wait!” Rush for appointments and then sit in reception areas waiting for appointments, and then of course, the waiting for results. I found focusing away helped, and if I had something like WK or YouTube it would have helped.

我慢しましょう!