Paperhana's Study Log

Hello everyone. Yesterday, I leveled up after being stuck at level 4 for well over a year! WOOOOO HOOOO! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Took my time whittling down my review pile before I started 10-15 new lessons a day. I think I spent about a week just reviewing? I didn’t want huge piles to come back at me so I kept my review sessions short.

Life has been unbelievably rough the past few years and my Japanese studies had taken a backseat. Happy to say that I’m now back! I’ve been keeping up with daily reviews all month and now that I’ve leveled up, I feel confident in announcing my return and starting this study log.

I have been reading everyone’s study logs and wow, you guys are so inspirational! I will probably update this post to be all organized and beautiful. I aim to report weekly on my goals and progress.

MY MOTIVATION

Why am I learning Japanese?

(wip but basically I wanna read manga lol)

12 Likes

READING GOALS

(updating)

1 Like

MANGA MASTERLIST * Series I’m reading

からかい上手の高木さん (BC)
それでも歩は寄せてくる (BC)

MANGA BUCKETLIST * Series I want to read (wip)

NANA
らんま1/2
Fairy Tail
美少女戦士セーラームーン

(need to learn how to make those cool charts and checkboxes lolololol I’m a forum noob)

1 Like

THIS WEEKS GOALS 7/19 - 7/25

• Daily reviews WK and bunpro

• Finish reading vol 1 of からかい上手の高木さん. Only 2 chapters left! This will be my first manga read cover to cover :smiley:

• read chapter 2 of それでも歩は寄せてくる vol 1

Bunpro is new this week! We’ll see how it goes. I really need to study grammar more. Reading からかい上手の高木さん (the first manga I’ve read past page 3!) has really given me a boost in confidence! I still have so so much to learn of course, but omg reading is possible and even enjoyable! I’ve been having so much fun reading vol 1 and I’m excited to read the next vol along with the book club. Yay for progress!

Itching to add more goals for the week but keeping it casual. I have a problem with getting super excited and hyperfocused and then speeding full speed ahead and hitting burn out wall after a couple weeks. Keeping the brakes on for now so that doesn’t happen :stuck_out_tongue: So far so good.

3 Likes