Olympians (medalists announced - congrats everyone!)

That’s great sad. But a week isn’t even one level… :worried:

You mean with your current average speed? :thinking:
8 days/level should get you to 60 before July

4 Likes

Oh, I am stupid :smiley: I read the wkstats wrong, I was looking at “All Burned”.
So yeah, 60 might be doable, but wkstats knows me and my dropouts well and it’s estimate (2022) might be more realistic.
But we will see :upside_down_face:

stats

4 Likes

That won’t stop us ! :triumph:

5 Likes

Lets do this :3

4 Likes

Added myself to the list now I’ve been granted member status. I need to level up every 8 days to reach 60 at the beginning of August which is a long shot, if there’s even a slight chance then I really need to up my accuracy.

3 Likes

Since there is roughly 8800 Items on WaniKani over 60 levels, you “only” need to do 18.33 lessons every day. So if you can get yourself to do 19 or 20 items every day and use [Userscript] WaniKani Lesson Filter to always do your Radicals and Kanji as soon as they’re available, going at 8 days/level isn’t all that daunting.

If you want to increase your accuracy, you can use [Userscript] Self-Study Quiz to

• quiz yourself after lessons to make sure you actually learned those items properly
  • quiz yourself on failed items with Self-Study Quiz and additional filters to get rid of those pesky items that you just can’t seem to get right

Theres some good advice here: Do you do anything special to remember new words? if you want to read up on what other people do to increase retention after lessons

P.S.: I love giving advice that people didnt ask for - Sorry!

6 Likes

I appreciate the advice, it’s good to know what options are available. I’ve not looked into the user scripts yet but I’m definitely open to them if they make things more manageable.

It’s the different readings that keep tripping me up. I’m starting to understand where and when the on’yomi/kun’yomi readings should be used but there’s so many quirks. 一千 is a good example, the change from いち to いっ still catches me out even though I’ve attempted the reading over 20 times.

2 Likes

Yeah! :muscle: (But I will be faster by three days! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Over time you kind of get a feeling for when the reading changes due to rendaku or the reading gets funny. But for me there are still things I keep mixing up (for example 六日 and 六つ)
So it gets better, I guess

2 Likes

The Tofugu article Rendaku: Why hito-bito isn’t hito-hito or rather the accompanying podcast epsiode helped me with some of that.

Pah! I’ll sneak in a four day level and beat you by one day! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Added myself to the leaderboard! Let’s do this, everyone!
Planning 8 days for regular and 3-6 days for fast levels, let’s see if that’ll work out!

2 Likes

I actually read the Rendaku article over the weekend, it’s really helpful. 玉 is the one kanji I’ve seen it applied to so far and I seem to be doing ok with that at the moment.

2 Likes

How do I add myself to the board? And how to update it when I lvl up?

2 Likes

Its all in the first post. But you have to be member status first, so hopefully someone else can add you for now. Otherwise I can add you when i get home and have my laptop. Welcome to the team!

4 Likes

I’ve added you Runkosx3 :+1:

6 Likes

@pensei How many days are you into level 9? :thinking:

2 Likes

Now this a nice goal. I’ll join :3

4 Likes

Finally someone that appreciates my awesomeness.

6 Likes

Nihihi :3c

4 Likes

About 3.5 days in (gonna get my next kanji lessons in 2 hours)
Also congrats on level 9!

3 Likes

There was this hit song in the 80‘s: In the year 2525

1 Like