Official Android app

It seems like there is no official Android app, and I’d very much like to see one.

I understand there are 3rd party apps but I would feel more comfortable in buying a lifetime subscription if there was an official app, as 3rd party ones seem to be quite unreliable (a good example is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tr.xip.wanikani).

1 Like

They were working on an official iOS app earlier in the year (to be followed by an Android app), but early testing didn’t go well. I think they decided to go back to the drawing board, and there hasn’t been an update in a while.

Try the “Flaming Durtles” Android app. It’s free, it’s great, and it’s worked flawlessly for me.

1 Like

I second Flaming Durtles. It’s great

I third Flaming Durtles (if you can second you should be able to third too IMHO)

The only downside (well depends on what you consider a downside) is that it takes a while to get used to all the ways you can set it. Just explore the settings and see what kind of things it can do, it can be a bit confusing at first.

I’ve never experienced any issues with the one I use, though obviously an official app would be more “future proof.”

1 Like

U can make a shortcut to the website on your phone. Its an “original” app then

1 Like

Welcome to the forums. @Kumirei has more details, but one cool feature of some apps is native (offline) reviewing. You can’t do that with a website.

I basically only use the website on my phone (and I rant sometime when I am disconnected)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.