Odd behavior of the (non-updated) ky.is site

I use the ky.is site to track my progress on each level and see when I am headed for leveling up - I am not trying to sprint through, I’m just using it for motivation.  Sort of ‘ooh, gotta be careful, I’m almost there’.

Last night everything was normal, and it had accurate records for my progress at each level.  This morning, although it knows that I’ve only been here for 58 days, the bar graph under the Stats link shows that I spent 50 of them in level 6, a negative number of days in level 5, and the correct number of days in all the other levels.  Wut???  My average time per level has slightly increased, I haven’t done the math but it’s about the increase that would take into account that extra time at level 6.

I am using it on my phone, so haven’t used (installed?) the recent script for updating it.

Any ideas what’s going on?  It’s no big deal, the data is all still there, it’s just odd.

Yeh mine did exactly what you described - negative level 5 and like 50 days in level 6.  It is probably due to the recent updates involving extra levels and various items moving from one level to another.  I installed the recent update script and it went back to normal.

liquidcow said... Yeh mine did exactly what you described - negative level 5 and like 50 days in level 6.  It is probably due to the recent updates involving extra levels and various items moving from one level to another.  I installed the recent update script and it went back to normal.
 Interesting!  Your explanation sounds reasonable.  I'll experiment with the update script on my phone and see what happens.  Thanks for the feedback :)

The Lion radical moved from Level 2 to Level 6.  Ky.is uses the earliest timestamp of radicals on each level to determine the start time of a level.  So, now level 6 looks like it started at the time that you actually started Level 2.  And since each level duration is the difference between two neighboring start times, Level 5 is affected as well.

In my script, I just told it to put Lion back in Level 2 for calculation purposes.