Nuke Reviews Command

I’ve been looking under the hood lately and I’ve come up with a rather insidious command that will make short work of your lessons and reviews.

You are only cheating yourself if you use this command!

if entered into the console, it should clear out all of your lessons and reviews.

["lesson","review"].map(function(Q){$.getJSON("/"+Q+"/queue?",function(data){if(Q=="lesson")data=data.queue;
var i=data.length,str="";while(i--){str+=((t=data[i].rad?"r":data[i].kan?"k":"v")+data[i].id+"[]=0&").repeat(t=="r"?1:2);if(str.length>=1980||!i)if(str)$.getJSON("/json/progress?"+str),str="";}})})

If WaniKani had a big red button, this would be it!

If you want to get them all wrong, try this one:

["lesson","review"].map(function(Q){$.getJSON("/"+Q+"/queue?",function(data){if(Q=="lesson")data=data.queue;
var i=data.length,str="";while(i--){str+=((t=data[i].rad?"r":data[i].kan?"k":"v")+data[i].id+"[]=1&").repeat(t=="r"?1:2);if(str.length>=1980||!i)if(str)$.getJSON("/json/progress?"+str),str="";}})})
1 Like

I’m not sure it was a good idea to make this in the first place. Giving such great power to people shouldn’t be this easy.

you go ethan.

I… um… errr…

Oh, why do you give us so much power Ethan!? D:

(Totally didn’t press the big… shiny… red button…)

I think your name aught to have been Prometheus, or maybe Pandora.

alternatively you could change the ‘=0’ to ‘=1’ and get every answer wrong (it will still clear out the reviews/lessons, but you’ll see the reviews again a lot sooner)

Oh… My… Goodness… Must not push… the shiny, red button… -fingers twitch and I contemplate having someone restrain me- 

Even though I have 0 lessons and 0 reviews, I am deathly afraid of this. Just the thought of it existing is scary.

pushindawood said...

This... Exactly this... 

wow ethan you’ve done it again.

i hope you’re insured for acts of god because the crabigator will not be merciful.

xX-Lupa-Xx said...
pushindawood said...

This... Exactly this... 

Oh Ethan...   .。・゚゚・(>_<)・゚゚・。.

Are people joking when they talk about restraining themselves from clicking the big red button? Since well, as much as it’s nice to know this exists and all, I’d never actually consider using it.

Dusk252 said... Are people joking when they talk about restraining themselves from clicking the big red button? Since well, as much as it's nice to know this exists and all, I'd never actually consider using it.
 I'm banking on the notion that most of us are smart enough not to use it,
For me personally it was just a scripting exercise.

I currently have 2600 reviews to get through which I plan to do the honest way of course, but If I have to live with temptation so does everyone else!

PS. i figured this was the forum to post it in, since it was all scripty and whatnot, but I don't believe it does much to "Enhance the WaniKani experience"
Dusk252 said... Are people joking when they talk about restraining themselves from clicking the big red button? Since well, as much as it's nice to know this exists and all, I'd never actually consider using it.

GreenWarrior said...

This gif is adorable.

@Ethan,
Looks like you’re having as much fun under the hood as I am :-).
Hopefully, I’ll be ready to announce some new scripts soon, and some enhanced old ones.  I’ve got some things I think you’ll like and can use.  Not so scary as yours, though… lol.

I…

I never asked for this…

rfindley said... @Ethan,
Looks like you're having as much fun under the hood as I am :-).
Hopefully, I'll be ready to announce some new scripts soon, and some enhanced old ones.  I've got some things I think you'll like and can use.  Not so scary as yours, though.. lol.
 :DDDDD

bro. i love your scripts. like, srsly. i am super excited to see what you make. :DDDDDDD
Dusk252 said...Are people joking when they talk about restraining themselves from clicking the big red button? Since well, as much as it's nice to know this exists and all, I'd never actually consider using it.
 haha I'm joking. I can't speak for others but there was a moment... I was just like this is dangerous! I've been sitting at slightly over 2,000 reviews for a while and it was tempting for all of half a second but really who would it actually help? I'mma have to deal with those reviews eventually anyways. 
It's just rather fascinating that people are tinkering around under the hood and can come up with this kinda stuff! Like, super impressive. :)  
And plus... It's a big, shiny button.... How can we resist? :D
Gex said...
GreenWarrior said...

This gif is adorable.