No mnemonic on first time reading

So, I just gurued my Shield Kanji, while still on same level (48)

I go to learn my new vocab lessons.
First one I get is this:

Erm… we get nothing for that new reading “Oh it is that reading you never saw before”…

This is the one we learned with the kanji:

We learn that reading here, but I haven’t gotten this one yet: (it should be in my lesson queue)

So I suggest one of two:
Force what order we learn the two vocab by moving it to next level.
Or better yet, just repeat the reading mnemonic (copy it over, have it on both. Then it doesn’t matter which one is thrown at you first)

I will copy it over to my own notes for now, but thought it was worth mentioning since it did make extra effort having to go hunt it down.

5 Likes

I think the @Mods might want to look into this one?

2 Likes

I believe lessons do have an intended order already. Are you using any reordering script?

2 Likes

I have the ultimate reorder on, but should it jumble the lessons when everything is Vocab at 48? I haven’t “told” the script to do anything, but it might at default make a scramble for all I know

1 Like

Hmm, I’m not sure. I haven’t looked into how the script works

1 Like

Yes, I think it scrambles the lessons even if you tell them not to reorder anything. Still, I think your point is valid and it should not be an issue to move this vocab to the next level.

3 Likes

I don’t remember this vocab being problematic in how it was taught. :eyes:

WK does teach us shield as a vocab item also, not just backing.

…on the other hand…I knew shield = tate from before WK. It is possible I just didn’t notice? :thinking:

2 Likes

You probably got the Shield Vocab first, as it is in the same lesson queue I assume (I am working through them now)
I just got them in wrong order

I would assume so, since they teach it. It would make more sense. But, it doesn’t hurt I guess to ask the mods about this. Since I can’t remember what happened 10 levels ago! :crazy_face: :joy:

1 Like

And is such a simple solution too. Just copy the mnemonic over, so it doesn’t matter what order you get them =) (or bump the second vocab to next level. I think copying the mnemonic is easiest. I prefer having them on both, in case you fail a review and want to see it again there anyway)

I will probably not forget this reading though. It was an easy one to begin with, and talking about it always helps make it stick :wink:

And since Mods have been tagged already, I keep getting this error constantly: (on posting, editing, liking, anything really!)

Or was that also script related? @Kumirei ?

2 Likes

Are you using the like counter? If so check that you’re on v.3.1.2

1 Like

Got a new error when trying to add this XD

2 Likes

Hmm. I know there was a risk for people to get 429 errors with the previous version, but I thought it would be fine with this one. Do you have a lot of (forum) tabs open?

It only started happening recently (a week or so) but seems like it is getting worse.
Also been falling out every night (Have to log in again in the morning. That has hardly ever happened before, and never this often)

And… maybe… =P (I always do =P I keep up tabs of my book clubs and such)

2 Likes

O_O How do you know which tab is which? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That makes sense then. I changed from fetching every time you liked something to fetching once a minute… With a lot of tabs you’ll be fetching many times a minute :sweat_smile: I guess I’ll either make tabs share data, or make it fetch at most once a minute when something is liked

3 Likes

I have them in a set order, sometimes get it first try, if not it is around there somewhere :wink:
I also try trim it down to see enough letters to tell =P
I do have some I can remove, but always end up leaving some “dead” ones (no longer needed) for later clean up XD

I am a scatter brain :crazy_face:

1 Like

You can downgrade in the meantime to fix your problems. Remember to refresh the tabs, otherwise they’ll keep fetching

1 Like

If I click OK:

Errors be me :crazy_face:

I’ll try remove some tabs.

1 Like

Huh, weird. I get the same thing. You could just copy the code from here into the script
WaniKani Forums: Like counter - Source code

2 Likes