New People Questions! ~~~<3 [Lost?! Confused?! We're here to help!]

Thanks I’ll check those out.

I must’ve misunderstood your wording - it sounded like you were saying getting one half of the item right would potentially push the other half to theoretically 400 items away, rather than keeping it within the set of 10 at the front.

That’s how your explanation sounded to me, anyway. Especially because of your final sentence.

I agree with your amendment (and feel it’s more clear for new folks).

I have a question! What are the little coloured numbers on peoples’ icons? I believe that the lower number indicates your level, but I’ve also seen some black numbers at the top. What is that?

1 Like

The number on the badge at the bottom right corner of the avatar represents the WaniKani level. Another difference is the color of the badge:

grey = unsubscribed user, has access the the free levels:

blue = subscribed user:

purple = lifetime user:

orange = level 60, official title “Master of Kanji”

Another feature of the forums are titles, these show up to the right of the username. Mine is “Tsundere Durtle”. These are rewarded based on participation in conversations, usually the staff members bestow these, but there are some like “Regular” who are based on the level of activity on the forum.

Not sure what black numbers on top you’re referring to though, can you elaborate?

5 Likes

We call this orange now, do we? O:

If I knew I was going for orange rather than for gold, I wouldn’t have bothered signing up. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

:grin: call me colorblind

3 Likes

Thank you for the reply! I see ^.^

There’s black numbers here on these icons on top of the level.

1 Like

Aaah that’s easy. That’s how many times they posted in this thread :grin:

5 Likes

Ah, gomen. ^^ I was just being facetious.

Aaaah, that makes sense ^.^ Thanks!

Me too :)))

5 Likes

You’re such a nice person that you make me wanna visit Romania.

4 Likes

N-no, you’re such a nice person!

B-BAKA!

4 Likes

Figured I’d say hi for the user checklist!

3 Likes

Hello! You probably noticed by now, but the checklist isn’t actually connected to the forum. It used to be, but they moved the forum to a new platform and left the checklist the same as it was. Thanks for stopping by though!

5 Likes

Why are my insides wet?

6 Likes

Dry insides sound painful.

9 Likes

I prefer my insides not dry, but instead moist.

How do I dry my insides out?

6 Likes

Eat a hair dryer, of course.

Or you could try putting your face in front of a fan.

5 Likes

Do I have to eat the hair dryer whole, or can slice it into edible pieces?

7 Likes