New People Questions! ~~~<3 [Lost?! Confused?! We're here to help!]

Thank you very much!

Hi there. I’m new and happy to be there. In fact, I didn’t really understand how i got here. The interface is confusing my brain…

Give it some time, it will all become clear :wink:

@ArnaudD, Welcome. Take the time to read these. They will help you understand the interface:

WaniKani Official User guide

WaniKani Official FAQ

Unofficial FAQ - questions not found in the Official FAQ.

Koichi’s guide on How to type Japanese characters. For more info about japanese characters, go to the FAQ again and scroll down to common first-level problems

Thanks all for your welcome message. You were right, I begin to find my path in the interface…

In which topic do you advice me to post a contribution to improve method accessibility for english-langage non-native people?

Thanks again!

Um, possibly WaniKani Feedback?

However if it’s about having WaniKani in another language other than English, there have been quite a number of threads regarding that before - and I believe the answer (for now) is “we’re not doing that”. (Oversimplified answer.)

You may want to look into adding synonyms for meanings in your native language, as well, if that helps you to remember it better. Try searching for either of those things - the search function of the forum is in the top right of every page.

Heello, i am not new but have a problem!! english is not my fitrs lenguage and there is a word that I have seen many times on Mnemonic and dont know what it means! it is “JO

When you imagine this woman, she has a jo (じょ) weapon. She’s standing in a battle stance, and yelling “I’m the mighty jo fighter woman!”

With your newfound helping powers you materialize a jo (じょ) fighting stick in your hands to help get rid of bad guys. You’re a helpful super hero with a top hat and a jo!

what is a JO??? :frowning:

It’s a fighting staff.

It’s not commonly known in English either, that’s why the mnemonics define it (weapon, fighting stick).

thaaankyou!!! it will helpme a lot thinking in those fights :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, thank you! I had no idea it was real, I just thought it was a crazy made up thing. So in my imagination it was my preschool daughter (whose real nickname is Jojo) clumsily wielding a large branch she had managed to pick up from the ground.

3 Likes

That’s what I thought at first, too. Completely by chance, I also use Jojo for mnemonics occaisionally, though for a different reason.

1 Like

I think she meant she accidentally replied to @AnimeCanuck when she said “thank you” instead of making it a general reply :stuck_out_tongue:

I should really learn to read past the comment I want to reply to

how do i finish the whole beginner checklist because i cant check the “saying hi in community chat” part :confused:

Due to the fact that the main website and the forum aren’t the same actual platform, there seems to be a delay (if it ever updates it at all). The checklist will automatically disappear when you get to level 2, regardless of how many checks you’ve checked.

Is Tae kim working for anyone?
I get redirected to a page that says “Sorry, the page you requested is missing or no longer on ibiblio.”

A topic has just been created about this issue, with a link to a backup:

1 Like

It’s cool, I do it too!