New People Questions! ~~~<3 [Lost?! Confused?! We're here to help!]

If you look at the The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps, you will find a short description for a lot of the scripts available.

1 Like

How do you change the user description? Mine is no longer up to date, and I only remember the old way from the old site layout.

On the main wanikani site, you can go to settings->profile->about, there’s a textbox there where you can edit the description.

2 Likes

Thank you! I wasn’t aware the forum page and the main page gave different options. Big help!

1 Like

What’s a POLL? I couldn’t find any info in the campfire thread

2 Likes

A magical place full of Coelacanth :grin:

More seriously, the POLL thread is basically this forum’s equivalent of a general conversation thread. It just has a lot of polls sprinkled in. The title of the thread also changes often, but always has the word POLL in it.

2 Likes

What is the POLL thread?

• Clicky clicky
  • A magical place full of Coelacanth :fish:
  • Just your normal convo thread
  • I don’t know, what are POLLs? :thinking:
  • Durtle cake with POLLs sprinkled on top :stuck_out_tongue:

0 voters

1 Like

I’m sure this answer is easy to find. I’m not looking in the right spot.
How many kanji and vocabulary does wanikani teach? I

1 Like

This what you’re looking for? :wink:

2 Likes

483 radicals
2055 kanji
6358 vocabulary
according to wkstats

7 Likes

Hahahhahaha I knew it would be easy to find

2 Likes

Sorry if this is a silly question, I’ve been studying for a while but only just started on WaniKani so playing the slow game… sometimes when I input a reading, it tells me that the Kanji also has other readings but when I try to put both readings in I get the shakey shake. Am I only meant to put one but remember that there’s more? Or is it hinting at me not including both?

Thanks in advance! :heart:

You should always only enter one reading at a time. It will sometimes give you a popup if there’s more than one reading thought in the lesson, and any of those count as valid answers. They’ll usually pick several vocabulary items for such kanji so you’ll still be quizzed on all readings when doing those reviews.

1 Like

Oohh awesome, thank you so much for that! I felt like it was trying to hint at me that I’d missed something haha. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s just a little reminder. I always try to input the one I’m least familiar with already, if I happen to already know the kanji/vocab. Or I try to enter one the first time, and another one the next time.

1 Like