New iOS app

Pleeeeeeeeeease implement the override button! Top priority!! :smiley:

gregorspv said... Pleeeeeeeeeease implement the override button! Top priority!! :D
Few mistakes here. 

1) As someone who uses WaniKani for few months I have no idea what an "override button" stands for.
2) Priorities are decided by me after listening to request and trying it out first
3) The number of "e" in please has no effect on request priority  (same request from multiple users has)

If you have a request, here's a small pattern you may use:

I think it would be useful to add it to iOS app because ...

Really curious about this feature that you mentioned. Waiting for details. Cheers!

here’s the original override script: /t/Wanikani-Override-Userscript-112-Ignore-Answer-Button-No-longer-supported/2846/1
here’s a script intended to do a similar thing: /t/UserScript-WaniKani-Double-Check/8396/1

they’re useful because it’s really easy to typo on a small touchscreen keyboard and press enter before realizing.

There is a bug while scrolling in the forums, it always jolts to the top of the page. Also please add a way to access the forums besides ending your reviews/lessons.

There is a bug while scrolling in the forums, it always jolts to the top of the page. Also please add a way to access the forums besides ending your reviews/lessons.

Dude my apologies for saying i didn’t receive the email to become a tester. I just realises how being added as a tester worked, and i am now downloading and testing.  Thanks for the opportunity.

Murtada said... There is a bug while scrolling in the forums, it always jolts to the top of the page. Also please add a way to access the forums besides ending your reviews/lessons.
Lessons / Reviews webviews are tuned for lessons and reviews, there is a small hack with a keyboard to work well with script.
I will make a separated browser so that you can go to WaniKani's main page or forums.

Sorry for inconvenience, had to make this trade-of. That's the main reason why Lessons / Reviews are available only when there are reviews, they are not for common browsing.

Rolled out a new version, and updated thread header.

I’ll be happy to test it.

iphone 6 iOS 9.0.1  contacto [at] proyectomx.com

I would love to try it. sglinert@aol.com

iPad Air

sglinert said... I would love to try it. sglinert@aol.com

iPad Air
It's not optimised for  iPad yet, sorry about that. (You can blame my day job for that :)
You still can download it though.

Hopefully will make iPad specific version, since I'm an iPad user as well. 

Some advices on design would be great!

Hey, I’ve been testing this for a few days now and am really enjoying it.

A couple of comments;
1) It seems to take a long time to load after every session. Not sure if this is the app being slow or wanikani itself but why does it need to check vocabulary, etc, etc after every refresh??
2) The only thing I miss about the old app done by Kyle that got taken off the app store is the part that tells me the prediction for how long it will take me to level up. Would be a nice addition imo.

Anyway, minor quibbles. Really appreciate your effort. The app is beautiful. 

{}
Begin typing here...
iamcosta said... Hey, I've been testing this for a few days now and am really enjoying it.

A couple of comments;
1) It seems to take a long time to load after every session. Not sure if this is the app being slow or wanikani itself but why does it need to check vocabulary, etc, etc after every refresh??
2) The only thing I miss about the old app done by Kyle that got taken off the app store is the part that tells me the prediction for how long it will take me to level up. Would be a nice addition imo.

Since there is no "check vocabulary" in my app, I assume that you are posting in a wrong thread. In my app refreshes are fairly quick.
haawa said...

iPad Air
It's not optimised for  iPad yet, sorry about that. (You can blame my day job for that :) You still can download it though.

I will give it a try! I also have an iPod Touch, so I can play with it on that.

sglinert said...
haawa said...

iPad Air
It's not optimised for  iPad yet, sorry about that. (You can blame my day job for that :) You still can download it though.

I will give it a try! I also have an iPod Touch, so I can play with it on that.
 Do you often use iPad for reviews? Are there any problems with using WaniKani from safari directly?
iamcosta said... Hey, I've been testing this for a few days now and am really enjoying it.

A couple of comments;

I am assuming this was directed at me, so I've replied in the other thread:
/t/iOS-Mobile-AlliCrab-for-WaniKani/10065/48

gregorspv said... Pleeeeeeeeeease implement the override button! Top priority!! :D

Added ignore button (see updated header). I pretty much figured out how to tune scripts to work well on iOS, if you have any other that you want to see, leave me a note.

Could you add a dark mode? Also, could you maybe implement a way to see when your current level reviews will be? 

Izana said... Could you add a dark mode? Also, could you maybe implement a way to see when your current level reviews will be? 
1) Do you have any view how this dark mode should look?

2) I'm investigating that :)

Haha dude, the settings page slayed me :slight_smile: keep up the great word!