New iOS app

I have been recently using the android app while waiting for this to be released and I notidec it has dictionary meanings in the explanations in the details. Could some thing like be included in the release, as well as forum and kanji and non review info access.

Sorry if tis a lot . i dont know what the end result is as im not a tester just trying to make suggestions now that im really taking a look at the android  version.

Hi, thanks for adding me to the pre-release testing, so far the basic features are working like they should and I haven’t had any issues/bugs at all (I recently did a reset, so my testing was rather limited). One thing that I noticed is that at the end of my review session, I get the recap screen. However, to leave that screen the only option is to click “Cancel” at the bottom, which gets confusing, perhaps should be replaced by “Done” or “Return home”. As someone mentioned before, there is a typo on Available on the main screen.

It would be useful to have name/current level somewhere, as well as the estimated time to graduate from the current level at some point. So would an item status (perhaps a counter showing % of gurued items).

Thanks for the good work on this, super helpful and looking forward to next improvements to the app for which I would definitely be willing to pay something to support the development efforts as it’s really useful.

All the best, 
Julien

{}
Begin typing here...
yoshindustry said... Hi, thanks for adding me to the pre-release testing, so far the basic features are working like they should and I haven't had any issues/bugs at all (I recently did a reset, so my testing was rather limited). One thing that I noticed is that at the end of my review session, I get the recap screen. However, to leave that screen the only option is to click "Cancel" at the bottom, which gets confusing, perhaps should be replaced by "Done" or "Return home". As someone mentioned before, there is a typo on Available on the main screen.

It would be useful to have name/current level somewhere, as well as the estimated time to graduate from the current level at some point. So would an item status (perhaps a counter showing % of gurued items).

Thanks for the good work on this, super helpful and looking forward to next improvements to the app for which I would definitely be willing to pay something to support the development efforts as it's really useful.

All the best, 
Julien
 Thnx for kind words. Will take that in count. 
As for now user info screen is low priority task, and will be implemented in far future. I would like to polish up this small core functionality and to roll it out ASAP. 

App will be free of charge and without in app purchases. WaniKani kindly gave me free year of subscription, so I think I'm good. Also all the cheering here and my own need in this app is good enough reason to make it.

So keep giving your feedback, I will take it in count sooner or later.

Pleeeeeeeeeease implement the override button! Top priority!! :smiley:

gregorspv said... Pleeeeeeeeeease implement the override button! Top priority!! :D
Few mistakes here. 

1) As someone who uses WaniKani for few months I have no idea what an "override button" stands for.
2) Priorities are decided by me after listening to request and trying it out first
3) The number of "e" in please has no effect on request priority  (same request from multiple users has)

If you have a request, here's a small pattern you may use:

I think it would be useful to add it to iOS app because ...

Really curious about this feature that you mentioned. Waiting for details. Cheers!

here’s the original override script: /t/Wanikani-Override-Userscript-112-Ignore-Answer-Button-No-longer-supported/2846/1
here’s a script intended to do a similar thing: /t/UserScript-WaniKani-Double-Check/8396/1

they’re useful because it’s really easy to typo on a small touchscreen keyboard and press enter before realizing.

There is a bug while scrolling in the forums, it always jolts to the top of the page. Also please add a way to access the forums besides ending your reviews/lessons.

There is a bug while scrolling in the forums, it always jolts to the top of the page. Also please add a way to access the forums besides ending your reviews/lessons.

Dude my apologies for saying i didn’t receive the email to become a tester. I just realises how being added as a tester worked, and i am now downloading and testing.  Thanks for the opportunity.

Murtada said... There is a bug while scrolling in the forums, it always jolts to the top of the page. Also please add a way to access the forums besides ending your reviews/lessons.
Lessons / Reviews webviews are tuned for lessons and reviews, there is a small hack with a keyboard to work well with script.
I will make a separated browser so that you can go to WaniKani's main page or forums.

Sorry for inconvenience, had to make this trade-of. That's the main reason why Lessons / Reviews are available only when there are reviews, they are not for common browsing.

Rolled out a new version, and updated thread header.

I’ll be happy to test it.

iphone 6 iOS 9.0.1  contacto [at] proyectomx.com

I would love to try it. sglinert@aol.com

iPad Air

sglinert said... I would love to try it. sglinert@aol.com

iPad Air
It's not optimised for  iPad yet, sorry about that. (You can blame my day job for that :)
You still can download it though.

Hopefully will make iPad specific version, since I'm an iPad user as well. 

Some advices on design would be great!

Hey, I’ve been testing this for a few days now and am really enjoying it.

A couple of comments;
1) It seems to take a long time to load after every session. Not sure if this is the app being slow or wanikani itself but why does it need to check vocabulary, etc, etc after every refresh??
2) The only thing I miss about the old app done by Kyle that got taken off the app store is the part that tells me the prediction for how long it will take me to level up. Would be a nice addition imo.

Anyway, minor quibbles. Really appreciate your effort. The app is beautiful. 

{}
Begin typing here...
iamcosta said... Hey, I've been testing this for a few days now and am really enjoying it.

A couple of comments;
1) It seems to take a long time to load after every session. Not sure if this is the app being slow or wanikani itself but why does it need to check vocabulary, etc, etc after every refresh??
2) The only thing I miss about the old app done by Kyle that got taken off the app store is the part that tells me the prediction for how long it will take me to level up. Would be a nice addition imo.

Since there is no "check vocabulary" in my app, I assume that you are posting in a wrong thread. In my app refreshes are fairly quick.
haawa said...

iPad Air
It's not optimised for  iPad yet, sorry about that. (You can blame my day job for that :) You still can download it though.

I will give it a try! I also have an iPod Touch, so I can play with it on that.

sglinert said...
haawa said...

iPad Air
It's not optimised for  iPad yet, sorry about that. (You can blame my day job for that :) You still can download it though.

I will give it a try! I also have an iPod Touch, so I can play with it on that.
 Do you often use iPad for reviews? Are there any problems with using WaniKani from safari directly?
iamcosta said... Hey, I've been testing this for a few days now and am really enjoying it.

A couple of comments;

I am assuming this was directed at me, so I've replied in the other thread:
/t/iOS-Mobile-AlliCrab-for-WaniKani/10065/48

gregorspv said... Pleeeeeeeeeease implement the override button! Top priority!! :D

Added ignore button (see updated header). I pretty much figured out how to tune scripts to work well on iOS, if you have any other that you want to see, leave me a note.