Hello, fellow acolytes!
WaniKani Kanji Wallpaper Generator
I’ve written a new WaniKani Kanji Wallpaper Generator with some advanced features.
It’s here: http://wkw.natural20design.com/
- The kanji in the wallpaper have a different color according to your WaniKani progress (i.e. Apprentice vs. Enlightened vs. Burned, etc.).
- Automatically update your wallpaper in two clicks without opening your web browser
- Choose from over 21 different kanji sets, including Heisig, JLPT, WaniKani Levels, etc.
- There are over 10 different color schemes, and you can modify them with your own colors
- There are 5 different fonts
- There is support for Multiple Monitors, Phones, and Multiple Devices
- You can split your kanji into sections with optional section titles
- You can add your own wallpaper title
- And more
Refreshing your computer wallpaper is super easy
You can set up your computer so that refreshing your wallpaper is as easy as double-clicking on a batch file or as right-clicking your desktop as in this picture (instructions to do this are on the site).
Microsoft Edge ver. 18+
Microsoft Edge before ver. 18 (if you use Edge and it doesn’t work, try updating or switching your browser)
Mac OS X
How to use this
- Firstly, grab an API v2 “Personal Access Token” from here: https://www.wanikani.com/settings/personal_access_tokens
- On my site, paste your API key into the login form, and click “Log In”
- Adjust the settings and click “Save Settings” (that’s important!)
- Scroll down to the bottom and click “Download Wallpaper”
That’s it for the basic usage. If you want to enable the advanced features (like automatic updating or multiple monitors), follow the instructions on the site.
If you like this, let me know! I would love to hear your feedback, and I will gladly accept new feature ideas, public-domain fonts, and color schemes to add to this.