I know there are already countless wallpaper generators, so I wanted to take a stab at something a little bit different. A little bit more… animated and hopefully pretty
Proudly presenting the first acceptable version of my screensaver!
It runs entirely in-browser (no backend, etc.) and is currently available at the following URL (replace “api_v1_key” with, shockingly, your API v1 key, found in Settings -> Account, or in the API page accessible from the Wanikani footer):
- displays all kanjis on WK, and your progress
- scales and fit your current window size (usually drops a few dozens of the unseen kanjis to fill the rectangle perfectly)
- also works fullscreen (usually F11 on Windows, possibly cmd-ctrl-F on macOS browsers?) for true screensaver use (you might have to disable your actual screensaver if you have one)
- kanjis are sized according to SRS level (lower level -> bigger to serve as a study reminder)
- classic plasma-like effect on the background (not seen yet kanjis)
- 20 second rotation and shuffling of the kanjis, with a fade-in fade-out animation
- displays big emoticons in case of various errors (no API key, invalid key, invalid data, etc.)
- (NEW) padding: add for instance
&padding=100at the end of the URL to add padding of 100px around the kanjis
- (NEW) critical items/leeches (accuracy under 75%) are shaking!
Notice that it also doubles as “yet another wallpaper generator”, since you can easily take screen grabs
- None of the code is particularly optimized yet, so it might be quite resource hungry. Might be slow on some older computers
- Can anyone confirm that ロード中 means loading?
- customizable to death (fonts, color palettes, sizing, ordering, animation speeds, level limit, etc.)
- other animations
That’s it! I’m making this mostly for myself, but maybe someone else will find this useful. I’ll happily take feedback and feature requests, but of course, no promises there