Mom pick me up im scared

aaaaaaah 95 lessons, I skipped like 49 vocab lessons because I got a bit lazy and now I’ll be having a very busy Saturday.

I hit level 3 today though :open_mouth:

21 Likes

You’ll be fine. Just stick to 20 lessons per day until you clear it. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Don’t worry too much about the number on your lesson pile; it will naturally spike up every time you finish a level or Guru a bunch of radicals/kanji.

Better to get in the habit of taking new lessons at a sustainable pace, so you don’t hit a wall or burn out.

Best of luck with the remaining 58 levels!

5 Likes

Somehow, the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this title was

Anyway, best of luck to you!

20 Likes

Never be scared of lessons, you can do them as you please. Only fear accumulated reviews.

12 Likes

As others have said, stick to doing a set number of vocabulary lessons (usually about 20 a day) and that will keep you from going over the top in number lessons. It’s not a bad thing to do your radical and kanji lessons first so that you can keep going at the speed you want, but if you neglect your vocabulary lessons you’ll end up with a massive stack.

Take it from somebody that managed to accrue 700 of them.

5 Likes

Yo, tis’ too early to get lazy. Get lazy by lvl 10, but for now work hard and don’t let these piles accumulate.

2 Likes

That sounds like a lot. May I ask how long it took to finish them?

2 Likes

Yes, I can even quote you specific dates and numbers, thanks to my study log keeping track, haha. I did roughly 60 lessons a day till I caught up, but I wouldn’t recommend that for the average person, I just happened to have had a lot of working from home time :stuck_out_tongue:

21st August = 638 lessons left
4th September = 0 lessons left

I would say though that if somebody does 20 lessons a day, more or less, they should never get into that situation at all ^^

4 Likes

They should never get into it if they always do previous level vocab before current level radicals and kanji, regardless of speed.

2 Likes

I can confirm. I typically do 20 lessons a day, and have never been in that situation. Mostly because I read all these stories where people were like “I have too many vocab lessons and it suuuuucks”

1 Like

picks you up

Yeets you into the middle of the lessons
Be free, my child

16 Likes

Yes, I do my 20 lessons (more or less) a day because I wrote one of those stories and I’d DID suuuuuuuuck, hehe
And I’ll never do it again!

Yes, quite.

I have 106 lessons!!! :scream::scream::scream: The 20 lessons a day is good advice though, I will try it.

2 Likes

If you feel at all overwhelmed by lessons, there’s no harm in just taking your time. Learning Japanese is a marathon, not a sprint, so taking things at a comfortable pace will prevent burn out down the line. That says, 20 lessons a day is usually a good rate, hehe.

Since this is your first post…

\textcolor{pink}{\huge \textsf{WELCOME! ^-^}}

Even if you’ve been a member for a while, so aren’t really new hehe
welcome gif - crabigator

Take the time to check out the FAQ and GUIDE if you haven’t already…
…but you probably have, because you seem like you’re diligent and awesome like that ^-^

There’s also a lot of good stuff on the forum to help you…
…that you’ve likewise probably already seen, but it still worth mentiioning!

The Ultimate Guide for WK
The Ultimate Additional Japanese Resources List!
The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

I hope that you continue to enjoy WaniKani that your worship of the Crabigator is eternal!

6 Likes

A bit OT, but I had to say it - I’m loving that いらっしゃいませ gif. I get a fuzzy feeling in my heart everytime I see it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

ありがとうございます!

^ー^

All the frame by frame editing is made worth it when somebody says they like it <3

It’s great - you can almost hear it! :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.