Mnemonic Draw Thread

THESE ARE AMAZING!!! :star_struck::exploding_head::star_struck::exploding_head::star_struck: Thank you so much for putting all this work into your mnemonic drawings AND sharing!!

Once I finish burning enough items and get back to lessons I will try harder with my drawings and contribute to this thread :slight_smile: My current drawings suck :joy:

8 Likes

Thank you! And thanks for the cute drawing, definitely looking forward to more when you have time! :smiley: I looked up your kanji, so for anyone else that haven’t learned it yet, 暴 is violence,with reading ぼう for bowling :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Jun-ko:

cosplay ability: 95/100
physical fitness: 99/100
fantasy football: 15/100
radical sketching ability: 5/100

5 Likes

Maybe you were joking, and maybe I should be more ashamed of this abomination, but I created it, so here it is!

23 Likes

Haha, nice! :smiley: I was hoping someone would make it!

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Oooooooohhhhmyyyyygooooooood

So true :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Guiise, I have an art degree :joy: (and an engineering degree, so guess which one won out :thinking::thinking::thinking:)

5 Likes

運 = carry/luck
I didn’t quite understand the WK mnemonic, was the scooter inside the car? So I changed it up :stuck_out_tongue:

37 Likes

Your comic strip is a much better mnemonic. WK’s mnemonic is: “When you ride your scooter, your forehead sticks out of the car.” Which one is it, WK? Am I riding a scooter or driving a car? :rofl::joy::confused::man_shrugging::woman_shrugging::rofl::joy:

P.S. the scooter radical used to be called “water slide”. The new name is a vast improvement.

4 Likes

Yeeeah that mnemonic was weird xD
I’m glad I didn’t get too far before the big update, but I did learn water slide :stuck_out_tongue: I like scooter a lot better too

1 Like

Out of curiosity, anyone has tried this app?

10 Likes

The… the shopkeeper is robbing me with a gun?!

9 Likes

In Japan? That’d be considered rude :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I can’t find it on the Google Play store :confused:

I’ve got another one called Kanji Memory Hint

It hasn’t got very many kanji, but it’s allright

5 Likes

Have you considered doing dual mnemonics like:

運-Carry
連-Take along

I kept messing up those 2 pretty bad :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Oh, it’s got a lookalike! I guess the difference is just carrying something on your forehead, so here’s the “take along” version. Some day she will decide to actually drive one of these things, but not today. …Maybe she just don’t want to bump or scratch them since they’re RENtals.

21 Likes

I love this one. AWESOME.

(Wolverine is so happy to be eaten! XD)

That carry one too. XD

3 Likes

Thanks xD Wanna draw some more mnemonics soon, feel free to suggest one!

2 Likes

I don’t usually read them, anymore! (And haven’t done lessons in like 2 years, almost.)

@Tunc Just dropped by to say that I never got 運 and 連 wrong anymore :joy:

6 Likes

Oh, I’m happy to hear it :smiley: I’ve started doing a little pencildrawing for every kanji lesson I do. I think drawing/doodling is a good idea for anyone, since it forces you to visualize the mnemonic! I’ll post mine here once I get a bunch of them sorted in Photoshop :slight_smile:

2 Likes