Memrise - Genki I Course

Hello everyone!

My husband and I started reading the book Genki I a couple days ago. We decided to learn the vocabulary from the book through this memrise course:

The problem is: We don’t know how the SRS from Memrise works. We were used to WaniKani just telling us that there will be reviews in the future. Memrise doesn’t make that clear.

I was wondering if any of you could elucidate us with the method memrise uses and if there is a better resource that we can use to learn genki vocab.

Thanks !

I’m not really familiar with memrise even though I’ve used it for Portuguese for a little bit, but ultimately found its srs lacking a bit xD But I’ve been using Kitsun.io for over a year now and it’s great. I wrote about it here - My journey from N5 to N2 in one year (Level 60 post 🎉) and you can see more in this thread^^ MaruMori.io & Kitsun.io - [UPDATE: BLACK FRIDAY FLASH SALE] - Grammar SRS, Grammar Lessons, Reading Exercises, Vocabulary, Kanji and more!

There’s a specific Genki vocab deck there too, which is why I’m recommending it, and a clear timeline too :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: This is how the cards look /o/

It includes a bunch of QoL improvements imo, like hibernating words (basically marking as “known”), pushing them to the lesson queue if you want to learn something out of default order and many many more. It’s a paid platform but you can try it for 14 days and decide for yourself:)

2 Likes

Thanks @FlamySerpent !

I’ll check it out. Could you please link the Genki Vocab Deck? Or is it built in with the website?

Also, it’s really nice to hear that u were learning portuguese. It’s my first language. If you happen to need some help, don’t hesitate in calling me! :wink:

1 Like

You can find deck in the community center, it’s on the right side in the menu^^

The genki deck is this one - Kitsun.io but I think you need to log in for now to see it:) Just click on “get deck” and it’s gonna appear in your decks :slight_smile:

Gosh I see so many Portuguese people now!:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: And thank you:)

2 Likes

One more here :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.