Memes in Japanese

Let’s study together through the power of internet meme’s. The full meme don’t have to be in Japanese, but let’s try to keep them somewhat easy peasy Japanese so this topic won’t become another everything goes meme topic. (Just post there instead if it has no 日本語) :shinto_shrine:

Starting with something I stole from Reddit that gave me the inspiration for how fun this can be:

52 Likes

When you are trying to hold the elevator door open the first time you go to Japan.

96 Likes

73 Likes

Let it go. You can then unload the gas you held in to conform to Japanese norms of not farting in public.

4 Likes

from the WK caption contest:

@Wantitled you made this, right? can you tell me what リービュー is? I couldn’t find it in a dictionary or search ^^ the design is awesome though! <3

20 Likes

It’s “Review”, right?

10 Likes

That’s レビュー.

Anyone pronouncing “review” as リービュー is thinking of, like, re-viewing a TV show; watching it again.

12 Likes

right, it’s (supposed to be) review! I actually figured that out the first time and forgot, haha.
Now it makes sense.

3 Likes

66 Likes

Not fully Japanese, but at least it has Kanji. Also, too funny, imo ^^

66 Likes

In terms of difficulty, the last two should be inverted, though :thinking:

22 Likes

yeah i think it’s rather an order of usefulness, at least if you ignore listening practice.
Many people recommend watching with japanese subtitles as an effective learning method.
But i don’t know, it’s just a meme :wink:

4 Likes

I can relate so much! I still struggle, and I’ve been to Japan several times. So I just stick my hand on the door and hope it doesn’t close.

1 Like

When I can’t remember the reading for a vocab word that ends in 人

3m8u2x

81 Likes

meedu dis todei @Whologist

67 Likes

19 Likes

82599661_2358690437568572_2042640403928186880_n

89 Likes

Am I doing this right

40 Likes

When it’s your wedding day but you have cold feet