Wanikani memes

I have the book here but couldn’t find that line. Does the “come about by natural means” here mean as in how the image of God formed naturally in peoples minds or that the existence of God came to be in a supernatural event? That said, I found the book interesting with the discourse around religion. I don’t think it was just about disproving god, there’s 10 chapters, and only 2 of them talk about proofs.

Somewhere in the opening paragraph, if memory serves. And he was talking about “natural means” as in evolution - since evolution by nature leads from simple to complex, it couldn’t possibly start with a complex being.

Though, a biologist making attributing any kind of logical progression to evolution is already a bit spurious - evolution favours only what survives better, not what’s “more complex” or whatever. Unless… perhaps… it’s being guided by some kind of… higher being. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Got curious and skimmed the preface and start of chapter 1, but still couldn’t find that line of thought. Oh well, better just leave it be then.

1 Like

thumb_i-believe-in-female-supremacy-like-and-retweet-if-you-67258424

okay, this is the most productive thing I’ve done during my work day

25 Likes

I think I gave the like primarily for the line of text beneath the picture. There isn’t a single thing in this thread I can relate to more.

2 Likes

This one is one of my favourites :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Why does the picture only show up as an link? I think i have sacrificed all the turtles needed for it to show.

7 Likes

tfw the accuracy at review is 43%

16 Likes

lol, is that GTO?

1 Like

definately. Need a japanese anime exam paper to complete the meme.

4 Likes

Emergency post! :ambulance: @ekg
Screenshot_20200714_140647
When you’re better at N4 grammar than you are N5:

33 Likes

Relate! :laughing: I got better score on JLPT N3 mock exam than on the N4…

Summary

I blame all the hiragana xP

12 Likes

Wow, I’ve literally become the embodiment of a cautionary tale. I feel like I’ve turned into the forest dwelling monster that parents of small rural villages warn their kids about. (I’m almost a bit proud of myself for that. This might be my greatest achievement.)

12 Likes

yes it is GTO

1 Like

Is this the most CURSED mnemonic of all time? Holy fuck

it works though…

42 Likes

Y’know, the mnemonics that really try to make a sensual association with a word don’t always get me on that level, but this one does. This one does.

19 Likes

VeryA bit late to the party but it’s this one I made! Button Images Go everyone, make some memes :+1:

I have no meme-creation skills so I can’t add anything other than some likes to this thread :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Hideo Kojima talked about memes in MGS2, I guess?

1 Like

94 Likes

厚い

16 Likes

That dog also looks “hot” in all that “thick” fur! ^>^

(I’m sure there’s a pun in there, if only I knew how to do those :sweat_smile: )

6 Likes