May 21 2021 Content Updates

Kanji

(6) - added (12) to visually similar list.

(59) - added “male” to block list.

(42) - added (48) to visually similar list.

(41) - added (35) to visually similar list.

(47) - added (48) to visually similar list.

(47) - added (48) to visually similar list.

(57) - added (28) to visually similar list.

(27) - added (31) to visually similar list.

(42) - added (17) to visually similar list.

(35) - added (10) to visually similar list.

Vocabulary

〜丁目 (7) - added “distance” to block list.

祝日 (24) - added “national holiday” and “public holiday” to the meanings, moved “holiday” to allow list, changed meaning mnemonic.

出所 (8) - added “escape from prison” to block list.

訴える (25) - added “to refuse” to block list.

(19) - added “discontinuation” to block list.

残す (16) - added “to remain behind” to block list.

自動詞 (19) - added “self-move verb” to the allow list.

他動詞 (21) - added “other-move verb” to the allow list.

船酔い (37) - added “seasickness” as primary meaning, moved “sea sickness” to allow list.

高校生 (9) - added “high school” to block list.

戯曲 (58) - updated context sentence.

入り口 (1) - updated reading explanation.

気に入る (4) - moved “to be pleased with” “to be satisfied with” and “to be happy with” to allow list and updated meaning and reading explanations.

振る (26) - added “to shake something”, “to wave something”, “to swing something”, and “to break up with someone” to meanings, moved “to shake”, “to wave”, “to reject”, “to swing”, “to break up with”, “to dump” and “to reject” to allow list, updated meaning and reading explanations, and added two context sentences.

40 Likes

Thank you, Jenny

3 Likes

Thank you, Jenny!

1 Like

Finally, Other-Move-Verb and Self-Move-Verb :smiley:

4 Likes

Thank you Jenny

The link for ()()る seems to be an admin link though. I don’t think any of us is able to access the page from that link :grin:

6 Likes

admin

Seriously, well spotted! I very rarely do anything more than quickly read through the list :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

The meaning is one of my leeches, so I wanted to see if the updated meaning helped me out. I clicked on the link thrice and got a “you are not authorized” each time before I took a closer look at the link :grin:

3 Likes

Ooops, thanks for catching that! It should be fixed now. I hope the update helps🤞🏻

5 Likes

Thanks Jenny :high_touch:

1 Like

This one is fine as a leech, so long as you’re satisfied.

3 Likes

i always like these, they give me a bit of a tease of things still to come ^^

actually excited about that self-move-verb/other-move-verb thing, and already next level :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks, @RachelG and @TofuguJenny! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Thank you Jenny!

Question for the group: when something is on the block list, are you notified that that’s the case if you try to add it as a synonym?

1 Like

I double that. Thanks for adding :blush:
… and thanks to the durtle(s) that might have requested it.

Doesn’t look like. I tried to add “discontinuation” as synonym for 歴 and it was accepted with no complains :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for your work Jenny!

I have some feedback regarding 胡 (こ、う、ご)(barbarian).

Both of the vocabulary available for this Kanji (胡瓜, きゅうり) and (胡座、あぐら) have irregular readings. Is it possible to add a vocabulary with the onyomi reading? I just find it odd because this is the first kanji that I have encountered where none of the vocabulary reinforces its reading.

3 Likes

Great point @jonmoxley, I’ll add this to our additions wish list (just bear in mind that it might take a while as our list is quite long :wink:)

3 Likes

Will you add vocab to kanji that have none?

2 Likes

Yes, that’s the plan!

6 Likes