🔊 🎙 Listen Every Day Challenge - Winter 2023 ❄ 🧤

February 19th!

Today I listened to the final episode of JapanesePod101’s Upper Beginner Season 1, and then moved on to the first episode of Lower Intermediate Season 1.
I wasn’t sure if it might be too much of a step up, but I actually understood the dialogue pretty well. It was about akaname - demons who like to lick dirty bathtubs.

(Home Post)

12 Likes

:snowflake: Day 50, 19th of February :snowflake:

:headphones: Back to my Home Post

I watched episode #43 of PiroPito Minecraft. He’s building a new house! I was surprised by how much I understood; sadly not enough to understand the general meaning of the sentence, only keywords.

12 Likes

Kinda low effort listening days

:headphones: :desktop_computer: :sound: :snowflake: February 17

Played BU$TAFELLOWS for an hour and Tales of Arise for an hour and a half or so

:headphones: :desktop_computer: :sound: :snowflake: February 18

Some listening from Nier Replicant

:headphones: :desktop_computer: :sound: :snowflake: February 19

More Nier Replicant listening

11 Likes

Feb 20, Mon of Week 9 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

So-matome N2 Listening Ch.4 [1/5].

おいしいごはんが食べられますように [8/12]. Repeat once.

11 Likes

I listened to about half an hour of this game play through last night:

I’ve watched his streams before and enjoyed them. It’s just chill, pretty easy listening, natural language. It’s not going to push me forward but it does help maintain on days when I’m tired out.

12 Likes

Started listening to this podcast episode on peer pressure with 成田悠輔, who is very popular recently in talkshows etc. I disagree with some of his views (from talkshows / interviews with him on YouTube), but I’m really liking him a lot in this episode so far. I am also very glad that all of the guests speak rather clearly. The episode I listened to yesterday was really terrible, one of the guests was unintelligible at times :laughing:

12 Likes

:snowflake: Day 51, 20th of February :snowflake:

Episode #44 of PiroPito Minecraft. It’ll be the end of the chalenge for me soon, and hopefully a month break from it will help me reignite my desire to join the next listening challenge. I really don’t know what could make this more palatable for me. Even watching material I usually enjoy (videogames) isn’t helping much, and my attention swerves away sharply when I don’t have enough comprehension to follow along.

It’s frustrating, because I’ve been seeing a slow but steady climb with my reading comprehension.

12 Likes

February 20th!

Today I spent much longer than expected reading, but I still managed to squeeze in a bit of listening. An episode of Nihongo con Teppei for Beginners - it was about different ways of speaking.

(Home Post)

11 Likes

:headphones: :desktop_computer: :sound: :snowflake: February 20

Teppei for beginners #56

11 Likes

:snowman: :snowflake: February 14 → / Today :snowflake: :snowman: :speaker:
Home Post

:mute:

The last day I listened to something (and updated this thread) was February 13th. And I’ve decided to quit/stop this challenge for now. I just struggle to find time in my day to listen to podcasts, since I typically don’t do that anyway. If I get in a regular walking routine, then maybe I’ll start listening again, but we’re having terrible winter weather here right now, leaving the roads icy/slippery most of the time, so walking is not a safe, calm nor enjoyable pursuit.

So I’ll go back to my sporadic listening, hopefully, I’ll keep listening to certain podcasts if I’m in the mood or have the opportunity when road conditions aren’t injury prone. But otherwise, I’ll focus my listening thing to occasionally toning in when watching EN subtitled stuff. :joy:

Good luck and keep up the good work, everyone! :smiley:

11 Likes

Hmm, I haven’t updated since February 16. Let’s see:

February 17 :film_strip:
Binge-watched 最愛. I loved it. Give me more shows like that.

February 18-19 :heavy_multiplication_x:
Nothing. Busy, annoying days.

February 20 :arrow_forward:
Start of a Journalist episode on Netflix, start of a couple youtube videos. I finished nothing because my concentration was low and my free time even lower, but I’ll still count it as random listening.

February 21 :arrow_forward:
A youtube video where a booktuber tried to interact with chatGPT and get book recommendations. Fun experiment, but if he was expecting to find the next undiscovered masterpiece through that, well, it didn’t really work. :joy:

12 Likes

Feb 21, Tue of Week 9 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

So-matome N2 Listening Ch.4 [2/5]. Weather report. Traffic report.

聞くだけで一気にわかる日本史 : Post-war (end). I will probably re-listen, but prioritize ガラスのうさぎ first (re-listen?). Also probably read history texts first.

おいしいごはんが食べられますように [9/12].

11 Likes

:snowflake: Day 52, 21st of February :snowflake:

Episode #45 of PiroPito Minecraft. This guy creating mangroves years before they were added to the game.

11 Likes

February 21st!

Today I listened to 2 episodes of Nihongo con Teppei for Beginners.
The first was about countries which are safe or unsafe, and the second was about Japanese Children.

(Home Post)

11 Likes

I decided to restart 最愛 / Dearest (on Netflix now!) from the beginning since @omk3 reminded me of it. Ahhhh it’s as good as I remember. I just rewatched episode one today, which is ~an hour long and no time for anything else, but it’s kind of fun that I can tell my listening has jumped since I first watched it. I remember before I was barely hanging on during the dialect scenes and now they’re a breeze, no issue at all.
My other trouble spot was a scene in episode two or three with a lot of business talk. Curious to see how that goes this time around :thinking:

12 Likes

:headphones: :desktop_computer: :sound: :snowflake: February 21

Listened to Teppei for beginners #57 and #58

11 Likes

Feb 22, Wed of Week 9 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

So-matome N2 Listening Ch.4 [3/5]. In a university.

おいしいごはんが食べられますように [10-11/12].

10 Likes

:snowflake: Day 53, 22nd of February :snowflake:

Episode #46 of PiroPito Minecraft.

10 Likes

February 22nd!

Today I listened to Episode 2 of JapanesePod101’s Lower Intermediate Series 1.
The dialogue was about two friends comparing their bonuses - it was a pretty short dialogue in this episode, but I learned some new words from them breaking it down :slight_smile:

(Home Post)

11 Likes

:headphones: :desktop_computer: :sound: :snowflake: February 22

Listened to Teppei for beginners #59 and played BU$TAFELLOWS ~1.5h

11 Likes