🔉 🎙 Listen Every Day Challenge (Summer Edition) 🏖

Summary Post

July 10th
What did I listen to?: The Cities:Skyline video that @Daisoujou linked
How much time did I spend listening?: 20 min

This was thoroughly entertaining :joy: I do enjoy this type of content sometimes, it reminds me of some of the Sims Let’s Plays I’ve watched in English. I died at the explanation of the route to the hospital that involved literally all the methods of transportation :joy: Also learned the word 飛行船, which I correctly inferred was something related to an airplane based on the sound of the word.

It occurred to me today that I should maybe be making more of an effort to understand the sentences I don’t fully comprehend, like replaying them or pausing to read the captions or something, but I kind of just let them go most of the time. I’m definitely wayyyy less intensive in my listening than I am in my reading, where I look up pretty much everything. I guess it feels like trying to do that would be fighting a losing battle lol, spoken Japanese just goes by so fast sometimes :face_with_spiral_eyes: Like to the point where it feels like I can’t/don’t even comprehend all of the sounds in real time sometimes, I just catch the ones I can and try to piece the rest together from what I catch.

13 Likes