🔊 🎙 Listen Every Day Challenge - Spring 2023 🌼 🌱

Home Post :hatching_chick:

May 2nd

I watched a video by Speak Japanese Naturally where she went to the National Art Center in Roppongi. The video was fun and very interesting to watch and I was surprised by how much I could understand. She visited an exhibition featuring art by high school students and everyone seemed to have worked really hard on their artworks. It was an impressive exhibition (especially in contrast to what my classmates and I used to draw in art class back in high school…). Does anyone else feel like you’ve gotten better at ignoring subtitles in order to get more out of your listening practice? Ignoring them feels a lot easier now.
Afterwards I watched Ken’s conversation about Okinawa which was pretty difficult but I think I understood more than last time. I would love to visit Okinawa one day but my itinerary is already packed. :sob:
Last but not least, I ended my listening practice with episode 14 of Japanese with Shun.

May 3rd

I didn’t watch any videos but I listened to the Nihongo con Teppei episodes 166-172 while taking a relaxing bath.

May the 4th be with you

I watched Naoko’s packing vlog and it was easy to understand for me. I like that she uses a lot of synonyms and visual aids to help her viewers understand what she is talking about.
After that I tried Shun’s Osaka vlog and my understanding was alright even though the video felt a little more difficult mainly because he talked faster than Naoko. The video itself was kinda boring though. There were a lot of awkward pauses where he tried to break the silence with filler words. But I did like the funny looking hotel at 8:51.

May 5th

I watched another video by Speak Japanese Naturally about Mount Fuji and Shibazakura. The place looked extremely beautiful but the difficulty level seemed to keep changing quite considerably for me throughout the video. Some parts were easy to understand while others were pretty tricky.
Next I watched a Comprehensible Japanese video about extensive reading. I was happy with my understanding and it was interesting to learn about Yuki’s experiences learning english. I really enjoyed this video.
Then I tried Akane’s Aichi vlog which was very difficult for me. I could kind of guess what topic she was talking about based on what I was seeing but most of the time I was pretty lost.

12 Likes