🔊 🎙 Listen Every Day Challenge - Spring 2023 🌼 🌱

:speaker: :blossom: softlyraining’s garden of sounds :cherry_blossom: :headphones:

April 8th・April 9th・April 10th

I listened to several things the past few days: an episode of The Miku Real Japanese Podcast, some of the Harvest Moon video that @javerend shared (超懐かしい!I sunk so much time into the GC version), and, of course, more Good Morning Call. Comprehension was all over the place; the podcast was the easiest for me to understand. The game playthrough wasn’t necessarily easy, but I’m familiar with the game, so I was able to fill in most of the blanks. I still miss some things in Good Morning Call, but it’s whatever.

I feel kind of bad that I keep finding things to complain about in this show, which is a clear sign that it’s not for me. Still, some of the jokes are surprising. The love interest’s sister-in-law has this quirk where she’ll kiss anyone if she’s drunk, and apparently being a minor doesn’t mean you’ll be safe from her. Granted, she kisses Girl MC on the cheeks and forehead (not shown), but Girl MC also mentions that she was protecting her mouth. I have no idea how this comes off in the manga, but it doesn’t work at all in the show. And yet, I feel compelled to see the rest of the show through. Sunk-cost fallacy? :person_shrugging:

17 Likes