🔊 🎙 Listen Every Day Challenge - Fall 2022 🍁

Oct 23, Sun of Week 4 of Fall 2022 :maple_leaf:

Today I listened to an episode of Nihongo SWiTCH.

Also, several other Podbean channels. I guess the deciding factor is… the voicing. Topics do matter as well. Otherwise, trial version and ease of getting transcript. (Many creators just forgot to make URL a hyperlink; otherwise, how direct is the hyperlink?) In any case, I have my second choice now.

I found them now, and in an easily seen place. I looked before in other specific places where they don’t exist.

I watched Death Note Ep.16 with JP sub to accompany the reading club. Also set up MPC player more appropriately to prioritize JP dub and sub, as well as automatically pick up external subtitles in a folder.

HUNTER x HUNTER is continued by 2 episodes. The latter episode is to test whisper.cpp of medium model.

• Opinion? Probably accurate and no bad segment so far, but timing is quite messed up. Often, text can be seen 10 seconds or so, in advance.
    • Much better than small model in any case, at least about the bad segment thing. Anyway, its quality was at least relatively good.
    • SubtitleEdit’s vosk isn’t very accurate.
  • It might add some values for vocabulary learning, but far from qualified subtitles.
12 Likes