Levelling up faster?!

thank you so much for the link!!

i feel like there isn’t a particular reason why i’m so slow. i just don’t have a specific pace for my lessons n reviews - sometimes i get so caught up in my personal life that i let my lessons behind for days and days, sometimes i do all of my reviews the moment it pops up.
however, i think the advice i’ve gotten here will do the trick and the override & reorder scripts will probably help organizing myself and avoiding silly mistakes (which happen… A LOT). i got what i was looking for! :wink:
thanks again for the link to the script!

1 Like

For me 8-10 days is only possible if I use a lesson reordering script. Otherwise it’s 14-20.

I find levelling up too fast gives me hundreds of vocab to learn in one go.
I went from Levels 6 - 8 in a month and now I have 200-ish lessons (including the current level lessons).

1 Like

If you do want to use an ignore script, the Double Check script is generally more recommended than the Override script:

3 Likes

20 days isn’t slow. it’s a good pace, especially if you’re a beginner.

you won’t hear a lot from people who made it to 60 by cheating themselves with reorder and override, but there’s an ocean of tears somewhere below the fabric of the wanikani dimension.

don’t do that, don’t feel pressured, just do your best. other people work with their own circumstances, some of which might be incompatible with yours. i know i don’t have as much time as a student or a NEET. there’s no shame in going more slowly. it’s about accuracy (real accuracy, not using override “for totally legit reasons”).

5 Likes

Hi !
I felt the same as you: just enjoying my own pace, and then I started reading in the forums about people levelling up in 7 days and less… I felt I was too slow, and it stressed me out quite a bit… xD
Reading the ultimate guide to wanikani stressed me out the most, although it has excellent advice as to how to organise your time and your reviews, if you want to go a bit faster.
I think there are lots of people who go slower, 12 days, 18 days, or much more, and even people who don’t care and don’t even count the days.
Reading the guide is extremely useful to understand how Wanikani works… And then you can choose to use it, or just some bits, or not at all ^^
What I learned though, is that to level up in 7 days or less, you have to make Wanikani a priority in your life, and work your whole schedule around it.
Anyways, whatever you choose, my advice is this: remember to have fun ^^

1 Like

You’re not including “WaniKani didn’t have a correct synonym or reading listed” as cheating, right. There’s no reason to slow yourself down if the staff themselves would add it upon being emailed.

2 Likes

i’m using override myself, but i’m not cheating with it. i use it when wk expects something synonymous to what i entered. when i clearly understand the quizzed item, i don’t stress myself.

i am anal with “oh normally i got this, no problem”, when in doubt, fail.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.