Level up in 18.5 days. Am i going too slow?

There’s a post in this thread called The Ultimate Guide to WaniKani and it talks about speed of learning, they said that checking in 3 times a day due to the SRS algorithm is ideal (because of it being spaced out like 4 hrs, 8 hrs, 1 day, etc).

If you’re not happy with the time you’re taking, it probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to fit in an extra session per day of WaniKani. However, there must be reasons for the pace you are at, right? Like work, school, other hobbies, or maybe just different aspects of Japanese calling your attention instead.

Anyway, WaniKani isn’t really a race and you’re allowed to take as much time as you want to finish a level. Some people check in every hour and wake up to do it, some people check in 3 times or less a day. I saw that the average to complete WaniKani was a year 1/2 ~ 2 yrs, but some people can spend even 4 years on it. I guess it depends on motivation for kanji, obsession with WaniKani, outside life factors so you’ll have to think about how you want to balance everything.

My last thought is that if you aren’t already, getting some user scripts might make WaniKani more fun (ex: Anime Context Sentences is pretty entertaining).

8 Likes