Level 60 - A "thank you" post

This is a thank you to Tofugu for creating such an amazing site. And a thank you to the community, who contributes so much useful information.
WaniKani is really a great place to learn kanji. After reaching level 60, I feel like I have a strong foundation to continue my studies of Japanese. So that’s what I’m going to do.
Some stats:

lvl60_complete_wkstats_status

Thank you! And good luck to everyone, who’s still climbing!

58 Likes

Those percentages are insane! Congrats for completing with such a good run on WaniKani :clap::cake:

6 Likes

Congratulations! That accuracy is on point. In my experience, learning kanji through WK (read: learning meaning + on’yomi/kun’yomi) has been the most rewarding portion of my Japanese learning experience. Starting this journey, kanji, and by extension reading, was the most daunting aspect of the whole thing. Now, I bemoan the lack of kanji when I’m reading. I’m by no means the best at reading, but by and large, I don’t have to worry about it anymore. I quite enjoy it actually. And even when there’s a kanji that I don’t quite understand, I can typically venture a guess and get it correct. As I’m sure you’ve figured out by now, but I feel obligated to mention it anyway, make sure you READ! It’ll reinforce everything you’ve learnt up to now. And it’s quite fun.

Best of luck with the rest of your Japanese learning journey. You’ve the consistency to have made it this far, so keep up the good work. Cheers!

8 Likes

Holy hell! Great work, those are some killer accuracy stats! Congratulations on your journey, sending you best wishes as you continue keeping on. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hearty congratulations @darthsam san :raised_hands::clap:

1 Like

Thank you!
It is funny, I’ve actually thought my accuracy is not that good… Especially when I was making all those mistakes.

1 Like

Thank you!

This is actually one of the best pieces of advice for everyone here.
I’ve unfortunately started reading only a couple of months ago… But now, since I have couple of hours freed up in my day, I will dedicate most of my time to it!

6 Likes

Haha, it’s ironic how easy it is to forget given the purpose of WK (being an offender, myself :stuck_out_tongue:).

1 Like

Thank you!
I was shooting for 100% in the early levels, but after couple of levels I’ve relaxed a bit and just accepted that it’s not actually a goal.

2 Likes

Thank you!
giphy

1 Like

It really is…
Level 60 email from WK has the following sentence in it:

...but get out there and read Japanese! That's why we're doing this, after all.

I was like, how could I forget?!

5 Likes

Many congratulations!!! Amazing!

1 Like

Thank you!

when you get a chance sign out and back in so you say 60!

2 Likes

Great job!! やっと出来ました :fire:

60th-birthday-26

1 Like

Wow. Thanks! I was wondering when it’ll change :sweat_smile:

Thank you! Finally :grinning:

1 Like

Well done!

1 Like

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.