Level 21 before 2021!

139 currently… did already all radical & Kanji lessons and about 25 vocab

3 Likes

Hard to resist the lessons on a new level … I did 70 lessons on my level up, I fear this will haunt me back. Around 150 items in apprentice (400 in guru) right now.

4 Likes

Level 8, 助けてください。大変です。

Stats:
Fastest level: 1 @ 8d9h
Slowest level: 4 @ 15d5h
Actual Slowest Level: 2 @ 360d5h ( I don’t count this in my stats )
Last Level: 7 @ 11d06h
Avg Time To level: 10d11h
Longest streak: 32
Current streak: 1

Had to break my streak… Real life and stuff and I also wanted to play video games again :confused:
I am almost a whole level behind in vocab reviews… :sob:
Just did all of the radicals for 8, and will do the kanji when the radicals are up for 1st review.

5 Likes

I finally found the time to catch up with the thread! :partying_face:

Like many I have also been continuously slowing down and will presumably reach level 11 in two days, which means 15 days in total. After reading all your replies about the coming levels I feel like I am going with the right pace. While the first slower levels felt a bit demotivating, I now feel quite comfortable going slow(er). And having around 50 Apprentice items is really just so relaxing tbh. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

reached level 10 and oh boi, aren’t the reviews piling up

3 Likes

Just reached level 11! :tada:

It was a close one, I almost messed up my 7-day a level streak because I forgot to do my review a few hours late last Saturday. I’m going to have to stay up until 2am as a result to get back on track. :grimacing:

9 Likes

In the same boat. Will be moving to Level 11 in a day or two. I slowed down due to other things in IRL so this level is taking 2-3 days longer than usual.

In Haikyuu terms, I feel we might need to be like Nekoma. Persistent receiving, keep the ball in play and smack it hard with a right play.

We are like Bloodimage

2 Likes

I broke my rule of either 10 kanji or 20 vocabulary lessons a day and I did 30 vocab just to see that sweet 0/0, it has been a while!

5 Likes

I may have done the same thing, on the same level, for the same reason. Reaching 0/0 feels so good, almost better than level up! It’s totally worth it. Just be prepared for more reviews the next few days!

4 Likes

hahaha that’s so true!

1 Like

Now that I’m level 13 I’m starting to see words and kanji that interact with my other studies. My progress feels a lot more ‘real’ now that I’ve seen some of these words in my reading first.

8 Likes

And it only keeps getting better. The more Wanikani you do, the more Kanji you’ll be able to recognise and the more motivation you have to keep going. Time to get that good-feeling language learning ball rolling faster than ever :yum:

4 Likes

Managed to reach level 7.
/self pat/

We can do it, you guys!

9 Likes

Did my morning review today (had 80) and am back to 127 apprentice items.
So luckily not as bad as I thought I was doing.
According to WK I could level up in 22 hours, but I’ll see how I do untill then.
As @whinette said, it’s hard to resist all of these new shiny lessons!

1 Like

I feel like this too!
When I listen to Ipod 101 intermediate, I can undertsand it so much better then I used to.
And if I see vocab that isn’t written the same way as the kanji I’ll be like, ohh but I know this from there and there. Which makes it so much easier to remember (and I still can’t remember まず for the life of me)

3 Likes

I finally reached lvl 8 ! Could have finished it 2 days earlier but life stopped me

Aaanyway. Hopefully lvl 8 will be a quick and easy one ha-ha

9 Likes

I am due to level up tomorrow morning and so far it did not bite me. Will I resist or plunge again?
Lovely shinies…

3 Likes

I finally BURNED my first batch of radicals. :tada:
That feels so good and motivating. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Wooooooooo… Congrats!

1 Like

No. 13 Baby

3 Likes